Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

laws in iowa?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
laws in iowa?

are there any kind of laws regarding lift height, mudflaps, headlight height, and whatnot that i should no about? kinda curious as the truck has a bed on it now and is been getting driven and i dont want to get a ticket for something stupid. thanks

Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
you bet there is, but some of the cities and counties like to write their own.. I know bumper height is one, headlight aiming, not sure mudflaps are required, but would be a good idea. Like i said, some counties or cities make their own rules on lift. Best thing to do would be to check out the Iowa DMV website, or call the local sheriff and ask some questions, better to ask than be told at a bad time. I was at an abandoned car auction in Des Moines a number of years ago, and there was a truck there that could not be titled until lift was removed, because it was impounded to start with due to the extra lift. It was up there pretty good.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:20 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know in Dubuque there is something about headlights. With my 77 sitting up so high I had a local cop pull me over to "warn" me about the headlights shinning in peoples eyes. He told me the official law name but I cant remember what it is/was. I told him I would adjust the headlights a little but I need to see to, he just laughed when I mentioned the lowriders with weedwacker engines Anyhow I know there is something about headlights and lifts around here.

Like Roger said, check your local copshop before lifting/altering to get all the "official" laws

Old 02-04-2005, 03:47 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
thanks guys i guess ill give them a call