Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks guys and gals!

The meet in B.A. was a success!

Thanks for turning out- I realize this was a real effort for some of
you to be here. And thanks Stan- our Chapter Leader- for being
there and bringing your camera. I'll be looking to see those pictures
you took of us.

We'll be out tomorrow at Duffy's at 81st and Elm at 2:00 pm to meet
the folks who couldn't make it out today. Hope to see y'all there!

Mark

Old 01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
jughead2
Junior User
So how many people turned out? I was going from one job to the next and noticed a couple of clean old rides in the parking lot but it was still kinda early. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tommorrow or not, I have a job scheduled but it depends on the weather and if I can get out of there in time. Also do you know how many people are supposed to be there tommorow?

Old 01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
telemaster63
New User
Talking

No no,thank you!!! Had a great time visiting with everyone and now I`ve met Alice.I`ll be out tomorrow to meet the rest that come by,looks to be a chilly day,guess we won`t be hanging around in the parking lot too long.Drive safe!!

Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry I missed it. But, if it's any consolation, I was in B.A. at 2pm- buying an '02 F250 at United Ford.

Please post pics of the gathering. If we need some web space, let me know and I can host them on my site.

I was hoping to make the Sat date, but I swapped on-call days with a co-worker so he could be at his son's birthday party. So, now I'm "working" until 6pm and won't make either gathering date. I suck!!

Old 01-22-2005, 01:20 PM
White_Knight
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by NoMo
Sorry I missed it. But, if it's any consolation, I was in B.A. at 2pm- buying an '02 F250 at United Ford.

Please post pics of the gathering. If we need some web space, let me know and I can host them on my site.

I was hoping to make the Sat date, but I swapped on-call days with a co-worker so he could be at his son's birthday party. So, now I'm "working" until 6pm and won't make either gathering date. I suck!!

Bad NoMo- must spank... hee hee.

Just try for another time, or we'll have to find you.
And we're good.

Mark

Old 01-22-2005, 02:11 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good times, good times, it was definitly worth the trip from OKC to meet you all, i had a great time...its nice to get out of OKC now and then, even if its only for a few hours, im pretty proud of my old Ford, it made the whole trip trouble free,i knew it would(crosses fingers).........it took me a full tank there and 3/4's of a tank back, but since ken(ranger240) split the cost with me it wasnt so bad......im looking forward to meeting up with ya'll again in a couple months or so, ken and I are going to try and get a few other Ford owners to caravan up there with us up route 66, make it a kinda nostalgic trip, should be great........thanx for making the meeting 2 days so everyone could make it,even if we didnt get to see everybody this time, im sure that time will come.....till then everyone drive safe............

BTW: Alice, im so jealous of your truck!! seriously though its one pretty machine that id be proud to drive.........

Old 01-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
As stated, thanks to everybody for showing up. I had a great time. I'll post the pictures asap... but I just got home from work... must take nap...

Nomo: That's just insult to injury man. Didn't even drop by to show off the new truck??

STan

Old 01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Thanks everybody! It was great to meet some of you today! (Just wish it wasn't so cold and windy!)

Good food and good conversation is what it is really all about! I can't wait until we can do this again....maybe next time Alice won't get blown away by the cold wind!

OK, my challenge to everybody: Name a time and place for next month and everybody try to get their schedules to work so we can all be there at once! Don't be shy , speak up if you have any ideas.

This was really fun. Nice to meet everybody that I did and I look forward to meeting more of the Okie bunch next time.

Thanks again,

Tim

Old 01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
donsboy
Senior User
hey what are yolu guys talking about. i thought the meet was next weekend. i live at 121st and elm. are you telling me i missed the meet and im only 4 miles away?

Old 01-22-2005, 05:37 PM
ranger240
Elder User
yeah, I really enjoyed it, I just wish I could have brought my truck. Luckily the rad blew not far from my home so I didn't have to tow it or anything. It will be with me next time. I really look foreward to making the trip up RT 66. make a long leisurely day of it. Next time I will make sure I have enough money to cover the hobby shop bill, ahahahhahaaa oh I'm broke now

Old 01-22-2005, 07:57 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Ditto, to what Tim said. Thanks to all for showing up, even in that blistery cold wind! It was good to finally get some faces to put with some names. I'll have to upload all the increminating pics to my gallery soon. Can't wait to have some meets in warmer weather and actually do some activities or wrenching with ya'll. And Stan and Mark, we'll definately gets some fishin' in this summer.

Last edited by cigarxtc; 01-22-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM
White_Knight
Senior User
Thumbs up I'm thinking next weekend too.

Originally Posted by donsboy
hey what are yolu guys talking about. i thought the meet was next weekend. i live at 121st and elm. are you telling me i missed the meet and im only 4 miles away?

Hey Don

There's some more folks here in B.A. that missed this one, I'll
be out at Duffys 1/29/05 Sat. I want to meet with you, Romer,
and four other folks here too. PM me and let me know if Sat. is
good or when? and I'll get everyone else to let me know too.
We'll get everybody together.

Mark

Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Tim: To answer your challenge... third friday in feb. at Incredible Pizza@ 71st/Memorial. Say around 3? Maybe 4? Bring the kids and spouse (in my case, my little brother) and we'll all climb into the go-carts for a few races to see who the King/Queen of the Chapter is. What do ya'll think?? Besides, they've got a rather large parking lot, and Mark and I have a score to settle.

Sorry we missed you Don, but there is always next time.

Remember if you are going to post pictures of the gtg, please post them in your gallery!!!!

Thanks everybody...

STan