Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

New to the Iowa Chapter!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:19 PM
cufan97
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to the Iowa Chapter!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I would just like to introduce myself and say that I have found a lot of interesting material from this site. I live in Missouri Valley, IA and have had my truck for a little over 2 years. I have a 1999 4.2L V6 5-speed Flareside F-150. I have put dual exhaust on it last year. The only problem that I have had is engine clatter, but all in all I have enjoyed owning this vehicle. I will drive this truck until it falls apart.
Cufan97

Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey cowboywannabe, got one up the road from you! I know where you are at, I drive by there every so often on my way to South Dakota, nice little location, just that the stations have gotten fairly proud of their fuel... welcome aboard! I may have to get with you on my next run coming up hopefully in a month or so... have coffee and chat.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:57 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Hey! Welcome to the chapter... if you ever come over to the Omaha metro, keep an eye out for my blue/white 70 4x4 with the FTE sticker in the back window... I've only seen one other truck like mine since I've been here. Missouri Valley is a great little town, we were looking for a house up that way, but I decided I didn't want to commute that far to work every day.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
cufan97
Freshman User
I am actually in the Omaha area quite often. I go to college down in Omaha and have been for a while now. There is nothing to do in Missouri Valley, so I am down in Omaha/Council Bluffs spending most of my time there.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:31 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
You gotta love those small towns I work in downtown Omaha at UP. I've only been here since last June, had to give up on living in Montana after the second round of unemployment. Omaha isn't too bad for a bigger city... I'm in shock over property taxes, and every other little thing Nebraska has figured out how to tax!

Old 01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
cufan97
Freshman User
Yeah Nebraska is notorious for taxing like hell. It costs a fortune to register your truck over in Nebraska compared to Iowa. Nebraska is really money hungry. Also, I was wondering what the law is for having catalytic converters. Can I cut them off and get away with it in both Iowa and Nebraska?

Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
that is something we can't tell you on a public forum since cats fall under federal law. But Iowa doesn't have emissions testing yet soooooooo, your best judgement.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:37 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
To my knowledge, Nebraska doesn't have any kind of emission testing either... They are probably working on a way to tax emissions...

I haven't transferred my vehicle registations yet. I was waiting till the house deal wrapped up. Doesn't look the truck will cost too much. It cost me about $300 to tag my new Harley in September, plus the 5% or so state sales tax on vehicle purchases. Everybody complains about all the taxes, but they keep supporting the guys in charge who make up all the taxes.

Ok, off my soap box now! Let me know if you ever want to get together for coffee and swap truck stories, cufan97.

Rob

Old 01-24-2005, 07:34 AM
cufan97
Freshman User
Thank you everyone for your info. and Rob, I just might have to take you up one of these days to swap stories.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:47 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cufan97
Thank you everyone for your info. and Rob, I just might have to take you up one of these days to swap stories.
Better be careful which Rob you go to swapping stories with start talking to me, and I will get you convinced to yank that 4.2 stuff a BBF stroker in that thing swap frames, coil rear suspension with ladder bars blah, blah, blah.
alright another one I can work on corrupting