What local ford dealers do you use

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
fordguy21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What local ford dealers do you use

What ford dealer do you use and how was your experiences

I either use Calvaier ford in portsmouth for parts or small things like fuel filter change or I use Beach Ford in Virginia Beach for major stuff like most recent intake gasket repair.

Experineces with both are pretty good so far.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
I assume you have a gas engine. I have a powerstroke and went to Cavalier(P-town) and had a horrible experience. I relized they didn't have the slightest clue about diesel engines and now I go to Coloniel Ford in Cavalier Industrial Park. They only reason I would go to a regular ford dealer is to order a part, other than that, I am staying away from Cavalier, Beach, etc. I live by an old addage=If you want the job done right, than do it yourself.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
If I have to go to the dealership to get a part or get something fixed I take it over to Freedom Ford where I bought my truck. I've never really had a problem with Freedom and they are listed as one of the best Ford dealerships in the country.

- Chris

Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
big6-87bronco
Freshman User
One of my friends bought a used ford truck from Barton Ford in Suffolk and has had nothing but problems trying to get it fixed there. He has also been to Beach Ford trying to see Tom Barton or one of the other Barton's with no luck at all. They always seem to be gone and the service managers don't know squat. I personally think that he needs to see a lawyer.

I have been to the parts dept at Barton Ford and I got a sending unit float even though the parts guy tried to sell me the whole sending unit saying that they did not sell "just" the float and I had to talk to one of the mechanics that knew a little about parts and he knew right off hand the part number to give the parts guy.

I also asked him about the little plastic fuel line clips that I knew Ford did not make anymore and he actually had the nerve to tell me I would have to go to the junkyard to get some! I knew that any parts store like advance or napa carries them but I never thought he would say something so stupid. I guess Ford will not let him recommend any other parts store to people or something.

Needless to say I personally have had alot better experience with Blake Ford in Franklin. Their parts dept seems to be more experienced and usually have more items in stock than Barton.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
big6-87bronco
Freshman User
didnt mean to hit the button twice!

Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 PM
mulelady
Junior User
I had a miserable experience trying to buy an '05 F-250 Diesel from Dallas Hollar Ford in Harrisonburg over a 6 month period. When it got ugly, I attemted to speak to the owner , Dean Hollar...who to this day has never been seen or available by phone or e-mail. I wrote letters that were never answered. After getting my $20,000.00 deposit returned ( that was an interesting experience too ) , I had a much better experience with Obaugh in Staunton.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:03 PM
75Player
Senior User
Freedom Ford in Norfolk exclusively now. I bought my 98 Mustang, and my 04 F150 from them and have had no problems. Bought the wife an 04 Sport Trac down at Beach Ford in Nov 03, and while their sales department is pretty good, their service department is just about the worst I've ever seen. When we took the Sport Trac in to have the protection package put on, their service dept managed to put a dozen scratches on the truck. There were greasy fingerprints left on the interior, and they did a pretty lousy job of buffing off the wax they use on the body. When I took the truck back down to them (the wife picked it up, and learned a valuable lesson, NEVER drive off the lot without checking over the vehicle carefully), our sales guy seemed sincerely stunned when he saw the condition of it. I will never let their service guys touch my trucks again.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Rory Goggin
Senior User
I use Freedom Ford for Parts - I'll shop ANY Dealer for vehicles. I also like Freedom Ford's Body Repair.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
75Player
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rory Goggin
I use Freedom Ford for Parts - I'll shop ANY Dealer for vehicles. I also like Freedom Ford's Body Repair.
Yep, Freedom's body shop is great. They did some work on my Mustang a few years back and you couldn't tell it had ever been hit.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
There seems to be a big difference between sales and service depts at dealerships. I believe local sales depts are good. Also, I guess anyone can sell a Ford but it takes someone special to work on them. In my opinion, the service depts just hire some guy off the street, put a Ford shirt on him and call him a certified mechanic, I have yet to be impressed by a Ford technician.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
FoxyFord83
Junior User
My husband and I go to Beach Ford here in VA beach. they are always nice to us and have always had the parts we needed.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:49 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought both my vehicles from Cavalier Ford- from the same salesman! I was impressed with him the first time and went directly to him when we decided to get the Explorer. The service dept. has seen both the trucks- a bumper on the F150, so I guess that would be the body shop, but they did a great job on it. The explorer needed a new speaker in the front door, and I found out that they don't do the work on the stereos themselves, they contract it out, so I had to take it in twice, but they didn't keep it overnight either time. I guess I'm pretty happy overall with the service dept.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:48 PM
countrysF250
Senior User
I bought my truck from paul obough in staunton, but i recently had my local dealer in buena vista, courtesy ford mercury do my trans rebuild very pleased with the service only had the truck for about a week. I have also bout three other trucks from them, i didn't this last time cause they couldn't exactly find what i was wanting.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
raoul
Senior User
I own two Fords and have been to Freedom Ford Hampton a total of 44 times in the last 10 years. I'm down there about every three months.

1995 Windstar 125,000 miles / 5,000 = 25 trips
1999 F150 85,000 miles / 5,000 = 17 trips
Plus the two new vehicle puchases.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Around the shenandoah valley I'd say myers ford. I've tried dealing with dallas hollar in harrisonburg before and you can't do it. I've bought 2 vehicles from myers and they was great when I needed something done. When I was test drove the 91 explorer I had the 4wd didn't work. It had auto hubs on and one side didn't engage so I asked them if they could put on manual ones and they did at no charge. They also put new brakes and a few other little minor things on. I also like myers because I live in elkton and it's right here if I need anything.

Quick Reply: What local ford dealers do you use