How long?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
How long?

OK .. this just came to mind tonight. Have any of you discussed the Chapter Leader and other positions as to how long each person will hold said position? I know it could get tedious as heck for Ken to keep having to change stuff on the board, but then again... term limits seem to be a practicality too. Any comments from the rest of you? Admin are welcome to respond also.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:33 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've wondered that too, as to what to do eventually, as I don't think I want this job forever, but don't want to just announce one day that they need to find someone else.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terms

We in the Illinois Chapter have set our Officers terms as one calendar year. In this manner interested members may "run" for office and take an active role in our future. Should no one decide to "run" for a particular position then the current officer would continue.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by Fastronald
We in the Illinois Chapter have set our Officers terms as one calendar year. In this manner interested members may "run" for office and take an active role in our future. Should no one decide to "run" for a particular position then the current officer would continue.

That is kind of what I was looking to hear. My feelings are the same as to not thinking I want to be leader forever. Fresh faces can sometimes make a big difference in Chapter activities and growth. We'll see what the others have to say.

Old 11-25-2004, 01:11 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastronald

I tend to agree with this, but that person should be an active member of FTE and the chapter for a least 60 days or more. but it should also be left up to each chapter on how it should be handled.
Also a "vice president" so to speak for lack of a better title, should be added in case the current leader needs to step down during his current term for one reason or another, inorder to have some fill an unexpected vacancy.

And another issue that needs to be addressed is the handling of chapter funds. it needs to be set up that any "funds" that are collected are to be placed in a bank account with books being kept and two or more signitures be required to withdraw any funds for chapter events. i can be more specific on the details of how it should be handled, if any one is interested in this.

Also a set of chapter bylaws needs to be devoped governing all chapters.

These are just some of my own thoughts on things...

Old 11-25-2004, 01:25 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
And one more thing i feel that is needed is that any canidate For Chapter Leader should at least have approvel to run for office From mil1ion, who is the Forum leader of the State chapters. This would help insure that the person and or persons running for office is qualified and Meets FTE guidelines, plus that person should be able to work with FTE management.

Like I said before these are just my opinions and thoughts on these issue's.

Old 11-25-2004, 05:45 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some of those are supposed to be requirements already. We have all the officers just like any other club or organization.Unfortunately for fordlover1951, ther just isn't enough people that have stepped forward to fill the jobs for the High plains. I would have, but I know there was just no way for me to reasonably be able to make the meetings regularly.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Just to clarify my reasoning for posting. We don't have a clear set of term limits and I think it's up to the chapters to decide on how long anyone holds a leadership position. I just wanted to get feedback from you all on how you are doing it.

Even though what fellro said is true... I'm lacking people to help as officers...I do have a treasurer..mtflat...but so far no one else has seemed to care about organizing their own state and becoming a coordinator. I plan to keep my position for at least one year, but I am studying on how much activity and participation we have as such a large chapter. My own personal opinion right now, is that we are too big an area. Heck...Montana is a huge state and it's difficult for people from one corner to the other to meet with any kind of regularity. With four large states, we cover a huge territory. So, after one year, we shall see how this goes and then go from there. Yeah .. I'm more than a little disappointed in how much participation there is so far, but that's the way it goes. It certainly isn't from lack of effort on my behalf. I've had a lot of fun setting up the store, working on the logo, etc. It has given me some pretty cool projects that I have more than happily lept into...even at some cost to myself in the process..but that's ok...thats just how I am and do things. If after a year and the Drifters doesn't pick up, perhaps I'll see if all the states wish to organize their own chapter and go from there.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:41 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
well Dick you are spread pretty thin but you should be happy about how good you look in a mirror.....

Old 11-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by f=2504by497
well Dick you are spread pretty thin but you should be happy about how good you look in a mirror.....
OK -- that went right over my head. Problem is, I can't sneak up on a mirror fast enough to see myself. lol