Alabama Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

plan a get-together (greater Bham area)???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:49 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
plan a get-together (greater Bham area)???

I was wondering if there is any interest in planning a get-together?
I know it would be impossible to pick a spot that would suit everybody. With the price of gas these days, that would make it even tougher.
I'd be willing to try and arrange something in/around Bham for those within reasonable driving distance.
Maybe somebody could arrange something for Montgomery and/or Mobile and/or Dothan and/or Huntsville.
If there is interest say so.
Thanks!

Old 11-06-2004, 08:15 AM
jbone108
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you have in mind? where? when?
I would like to attend But I work crazy shifts.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Twilight Child
Senior User
Im here in huntsville madison area, I will first start and ask, who else is here in North Ala. Also, do we wanna meet at someones house and just chill, or do we want to get a restuarant or someplace to let us chill in there parking lot and have dinner there or something like that. I will need a 3 week notice on any set days, because work is communist, but other than that, im available outside of school hours on standard school days.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Greg351H
New User
Sure

As you can tell, I'm new to FTE, but I like the idea of a get together. I'm in if I'm not busy that weekend. Oak Mountain State Park is kinda central. Maybe a good place to start and then we'll rotate north to south. There are a lot of great places to hang out in Alabama. If we do Oak Mountain, we can combine that with a picnic for the families. Some of us can get a mountain bike ride in. Just and idea.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:28 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Greg,
First off - welcome to FTE!
My guess is not much will happen until after the first of the year. Seems kinda slow getting much interest right now.
Maybe we can plan something for late winter or early spring.
We all should be thinking about places. Oak Maountain sounds nice to me.
I'll be happy to try and arrange something with whatever local we select, once the time gets here.
Thanks again and see you 'round.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Freighttrain
Senior User
I am game just as long as it ain't 4th of July week.I am planning a Trip to the Ford IDI rally up in yankee land(Ohio) that week.......that is if I get my trucks running by then.

Oh yea,I am importing another vintage ford diesel into the state from Indiana.1991 F350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L IDI with a Banks kit.

Old 12-07-2004, 10:36 PM
abroom
Freshman User
Oak Mt. would be doable for me as well. I'm about 60 mi. north, mid state.

Almost any Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I agree with waiting until after the first of the year.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Greg351H
New User
Get together

Agree we will have to wait till after the New Year. I am double booked for every weekend for the rest of this year. Even then, finding a free weekend for me will be dicey. Cub Scouting keeps me busy as we have a very active Scout Pack. Frieghttrain, I'm glad your in. I hope you found a trailer to haul that truck back from Indiana. I'd go get it with you if I had more time. I too am looking to import a new (73-79) superduty into the state. Even the sweet 68 would be great. Lord knows what he wants for it. Hope to see y'all soon.
Greg

Old 12-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Freighttrain
Senior User
not to steal a thread but I got a hauler bringing it.Great Rates too.Only charging for one way.OldMrBill on TDS but might be on these boards too since he is a Ford Truck guy.Killed his other tow rig after 500K hauling the 30 foot goose and got another Ford IDI to take up the hauling.Should be here next week.When I get the 94 back firing on all 8 Cylinders it is time to build the Enterprise(1991) into one big,bad,14 second,8000Lb truck!Here ricer ricer ricer!

Old 12-11-2004, 10:44 AM
cstmcgr
New User
Live iN Bham

Hiya Guys....I live in Birmingham but me and several of my buddies live in the Mount Olive area and there are some great get-togethers and rides in that area. One of my friends owns a large amount of area out there. He invites people to come out there all the time...He has some great areas to ride some beginner and some great tough stuff that will keep u guessing. Let me know what you have in mind and I can see about reserving the area for a get-together..

Old 12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Freighttrain
Senior User
I know we want to have a first "Alabama" Rally but would I get swonked if I invited the brotherhood(6.9L and 7.3L diesel IDI group....NON POWERSTROKE) to come?We have been trying to get a southern rally going but can't seem to get one.Maybe we can do a dual Rally.Alabama Folks and Diesel folks.Maybe put the out of state guys on one end of the group with the Alabama IDI owners in the middle and the alabama non IDI(Darkside,Gassers,conversions,etc) on the other end.Wanted to run this by the Home town boys before I even mention it to the brotherhood.Oh and if Travis(ARGVE) shows up lets put him across the street by himself.....He sold me the Enterprise after he bought a Goat!

Old 12-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Greg351H
New User
No one responded to Freighttrain (FT), so I will. Bring them in. The more the merrier. I for one wish I could be a member of the diesel group. I just can't afford em. Maybe we can have a couple of friendly competitions between the two groups; volleyball, softball, horse shoes, or tug of war. No trucks in the tug-of-war. A gas can't out pull a diesel...or can it? V-10? FT, what is the Enterprise?

Old 12-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Freighttrain
Senior User
I will post over on the boards and tell them it is a go...Now we just need to settle on a date and location....I vote for around birmingham..Maybe south at Tannehill(SP?) State Park.We have our Military Vehicle Rallies there and it is a nice place with RV hook ups I think....Plus they have a Cute little Train(about 5 foot tall and the track is maybe 1/8 mile dog bone) that the kids can ride.Not a long ride but heck,any train ride is fun.

As for the Enterprise.....It is a 1991 F350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L with a aftermarket Banks turbo kit.All kinds of strange mods,Leather buckets up front,115 gallon tank in bed hooked to the fuel system,Heated lighted west cost mirrors,blaa blaa blaa.....Oh yea,Straight pipes.....This is my second CC Dually I own.My other one is a 1994 Factory Turbo IDI I call White Lightning.No,Not cause it is fast.....21 second Quarter.....Putt Putt Putt but because it is white and has a wierd Z shaped pin strip on the side.Duals at front,then dual going down and forward,ending in a fade type deal with small on top and big strips on bottom.From a distance it actually looks like a fade job.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:49 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
I think it would be a lot of fun. We will have to settle on a date. I coach my son's baseball team so I hope we can juggle around and pick a date that doesn't conflict with a baseball weekend.
We have a travel team, so there is some felxibility when we schedule tournaments.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:49 PM
travlnman
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm in, but you may have to call me instead of me seeing it here. It would be over before I read about it. Maybe one in winter for trucks, and one in spring for motorcycles.

Quick Reply: plan a get-together (greater Bham area)???