2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Issues With Ford Gold PowerCode (Code Alarm) Alarm w/Remote Start System

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:49 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting Issues With Ford Gold PowerCode (Code Alarm) Alarm w/Remote Start System

Ford PowerCode (Code Alarm) Gold Alarm and Remote Start System

PARTS:

Alarm System 2W7Z19G364AA

PATS (PowerCode Securilock Interface 1L2Z19G365AB

Relay For Headlights (Remote Headlamp Activation) YL3Z19G390AA (2)

Driver Door Priority requires the second relay

Two extra wires for remote memory seat (Mem 1 and 2 from remotes)
___

ISSUES:

Old Keypads were received in an envelope that states "Do Not Use"-
Manual for system states, "The PowerCode system, while integrated with the factory RKE system, does not alter the functionality of the factory RKE system in any way.

System does not seem to want to go into Valet Mode -
After following instructions in book, once doors are locked and lights go out the flashing is the same as other times doors are locked, system is armed. Per instructions, tried getting in, turning key to run position, then pressed lock and unlock buttons at the same time, then turned vehicle off, locked doors, system armed, remote start still worked and alarm went off when exiting door, light did not double flash as indicated in the book (Page 7).

When doors are unlocked system does not turn on headlights -
Book states that headlights are activated by holding down the lock button. Ford Key states that when the extra relay is added properly, stock headlight illumination upon door unlock would still work. This worked from factory. Book says that when doors are unlocked, the vehicle courtesy lights are lighted for 1 minute or until vehicle is started or the system is re-armed (Page 5). I believe headlights are a courtesy light on the 2004 F-150, as it was from the factory.

When doors are unlocked, system does not turn on interior lights -
This happened with the stock system, Ford Key states that this should not change with the installation of the PowerCode Gold System. Book says that when doors are unlocked, the vehicle courtesy lights are lighted for 1 minute or until vehicle is started or the system is re-armed (Page 5).

When doors are unlocked, memory seats do not move with either keypad -
Ford Key states that memory seat a and b should move respectively when unlock button on that remote is pushed if the two additional wires are installed appropriately (Page 5).

Interior Theft Sensor does not sense shock to body or windows -
Tested thoroughly, shock sensor does not sense shock. Read book, to see how to increase sensativity. Programming button cannot be found beneath dash to put in programming mode in order to try to increase shock (Page 11).

Headlight and Interior Light Illumination and Alarm Arming very lengthy after door is locked -
System takes a long time to turn off headlights, then interior lights and then arming system.

Emergency Disarming -
I cannot do this, as I cannot seem to find the disarm/program button (Page 9).

-----
Everything else works pretty good, has some neat features, dont get me wrong. I just want this to work as stated up front. Maybe part of these are user issues, if so, I will take the rap.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? If so, what did you do about them.

Thanks!

Dave

Old 11-03-2004, 10:24 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you have a shop install this? if so then take it back have them connect everything the right way!

I don't have the full blown alarm, but the just the Powercode remote starter (RMST). alot of us have been talking about the RMST. First, here a few files that will help including installation instructions:

http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/F150_legend.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/F150_wiring.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/Ford_alarm.pdf

I had a shop install mine, but I had to fix a few things on my own. If your interior light does not come on, then they didn't hook up the dome light wire. Be sure that wires A-3 and A-20 are connected to the black/blue dome light wire. My shop didn't do that. I called them and they claim they charge extra for hooking up the dome light. What a bunch of BS, it's just 2 wires to hookup, they are already under the dash hooking up all the other wires, what's 2 more wires!!!

Yes, the lights stay on alot longer now after you close your doors and lock the truck. Usually 30 seconds and the lights will go out.

I didn't hook up the headlights, so I can't help you there. Look at the file above I posted.

Your original factory RKE keyfobs should still work, did you try them?

I don't think it will go into Valet mode or Programming mode unless all the wires are connected. Mine wouldn't go into programming mode until I hooked up those two wires to the dome light wire. My program button is in my driver's side kick panel. Look around they should have installed it somewhere.

You may even want to look under your dash and find the main brain unit for the system. And then trace all the wires coming out of it, and refer to the files above I listed.

good luck,
Steve

Old 11-03-2004, 12:29 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Thanks Steve!

Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Did you have a shop install this? if so then take it back have them connect everything the right way!

I don't have the full blown alarm, but the just the Powercode remote starter (RMST). alot of us have been talking about the RMST. First, here a few files that will help including installation instructions:

http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/F150_legend.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/F150_wiring.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~donpaul/Ford_alarm.pdf

I had a shop install mine, but I had to fix a few things on my own. If your interior light does not come on, then they didn't hook up the dome light wire. Be sure that wires A-3 and A-20 are connected to the black/blue dome light wire. My shop didn't do that. I called them and they claim they charge extra for hooking up the dome light. What a bunch of BS, it's just 2 wires to hookup, they are already under the dash hooking up all the other wires, what's 2 more wires!!!

Yes, the lights stay on alot longer now after you close your doors and lock the truck. Usually 30 seconds and the lights will go out.

I didn't hook up the headlights, so I can't help you there. Look at the file above I posted.

Your original factory RKE keyfobs should still work, did you try them?

I don't think it will go into Valet mode or Programming mode unless all the wires are connected. Mine wouldn't go into programming mode until I hooked up those two wires to the dome light wire. My program button is in my driver's side kick panel. Look around they should have installed it somewhere.

You may even want to look under your dash and find the main brain unit for the system. And then trace all the wires coming out of it, and refer to the files above I listed.

good luck,
Steve
Thanks Steve, this is some good information! I appreciate it. Next post is what I learned from Ford Key this morning.

Thanks again!

Old 11-03-2004, 12:35 PM
ITDave
Elder User
What I learned from Ford Key 1-800-Ford-Key this morning.

Old Keypads were received in an envelope that states "Do Not Use"-
Manual for system states, "The PowerCode system, while integrated with the factory RKE system, does not alter the functionality of the factory RKE system in any way.

Ford Key States: May not have hooked up Arm Disarm and unlock switch sense input wires but if outside keypad works remote should work. (My outside keypad works, so remotes should work according to Ford Key.)

System does not seem to want to go into Valet Mode -
After following instructions in book, once doors are locked and lights go out the flashing is the same as other times doors are locked, system is armed. Per instructions, tried getting in, turning key to run position, then pressed lock and unlock buttons at the same time, then turned vehicle off, locked doors, system armed, remote start still worked and alarm went off when exiting door, light did not double flash as indicated in the book (Page 7).

Ford Key States: Nothing should prevent that from happening. (Maybe, just maybe, this is my error, I will try this again and let you know what happens.)

When doors are unlocked system does not turn on headlights -
Book states that headlights are activated by holding down the lock button. Ford Key states that when the extra relay is added properly, stock headlight illumination upon door unlock would still work. This worked from factory. Book says that when doors are unlocked, the vehicle courtesy lights are lighted for 1 minute or until vehicle is started or the system is re-armed (Page 5). I believe headlights are a courtesy light on the 2004 F-150, as it was from the factory.

Ford Key States it will not work automatically with headlights that I will have to just hold down the lock button to have headlights come on. (I suppose I can deal with this, but I liked the way that it worked stock.)

When doors are unlocked, system does not turn on interior lights -
This happened with the stock system, Ford Key states that this should not change with the installation of the PowerCode Gold System. Book says that when doors are unlocked, the vehicle courtesy lights are lighted for 1 minute or until vehicle is started or the system is re-armed (Page 5).

Ford Key States: If relays are wired correctly it should turn on interior lights when unlock button is clicked. (Will have to have Dealer/Alarm installers fix this.)

When doors are unlocked, memory seats do not move with either keypad -
Ford Key states that memory seat a and b should move respectively when unlock button on that remote is pushed if the two additional wires are installed appropriately (Page 5).

Ford Key States: If this was wired it should work automatically with each keypad one A and one B memory seat settings. (Will have to take this back to Dealer/Alarm installer and have them fix this.)

Interior Theft Sensor does not sense shock to body or windows -
Tested thoroughly, shock sensor does not sense shock. Read book, to see how to increase sensativity. Programming button cannot be found beneath dash to put in programming mode in order to try to increase shock (Page 11).

Ford Key States: Programming button is separate from module so ask installers where they put it. (Will have to find out where they put it.)

Headlight and Interior Light Illumination and Alarm Arming very lengthy after door is locked -
System takes a long time to turn off headlights, then interior lights and then arming system.

Ford Key States: This time cannot be changed even though it may be different from the factory lockdown time. (This kind of sucks because this really takes a long time now and I don’t dare walk away until lights are off and everything is confirmed.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:28 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem. One would think that the installer would test all the features and make sure they work correctly before they return the truck to you.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Yeah, you would think....

Yeah, you would think.... Makes me wonder if they are going to try to get out of it...