Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Well, I guess I lied

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 01:43 AM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I guess I lied

Back when I joined, I told everyone that I was only going to go back to Reno for a visit. Well, I started to miss Reno and my girlfriend a couple of months after I got here. We've talked every night since I got here, and she talked me into coming for a visit,(with very little arm twisting). So I went back for a visit two weeks ago, asked her to marry me,(she said yes by the way!), and told her to wait right there, I'd be right back! So, as of Nov. 30, I'm going to start my life with her.
I talked to my old boss in Reno, got my old job back with no loss of seniority and the same pay. I talked to my friend who's in Iraq and told him that when he comes back to Reno in October, he's got Best-Man duties to attend to. My folks are happy for me because they really like Diana, and they're already checking into hotels there.

I just wanted to say that Montana is a beautiful state with some of the best people I've ever met, and even though I've alway wanted to live here, it's not the place to be if she isn't with me. (she has a little boy who's father will fight her tooth and nail to keep his son there). I want to also say thanks for making me feel welcome to the "Drifters".

Dan

Old 10-31-2004, 02:35 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congradulations, if any a reason to move back, this is probably the best, good luck and best wishes to you and you fiance' in marriage.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats! And .. once a drifter....always a drifter.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:26 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best of luck, hoss...and congrats...

Michael

Old 11-06-2004, 12:28 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Congratulations! It's good to see a guy with his priorities straight. Love and family should come before everything else - imho. Anyhow, Montana is a state of mind - no matter where you find yourself, a piece of Montana will always be part of you .... and it's a great place to bring the family on vacation.

God bless you and yours!
Tim

Old 12-11-2004, 04:43 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug! I got to Reno and moved in with my girlfriend, and after 5 days of happiness, she went nuts! We were coming home from her company Xmas party heading up towards her house. I was driving and I made a turn by my folks' old house off of the main road. She started yelling at me and telling me to stop. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she gets nervous when she's in a car and doesn't know where she is going,then she told me to get out!

Then, two days later she told me her friend had a brain tumor. I told her it would be ok, and she blew up at me again. She told me that she couldn't tell her friend that, and I explained that it might not be ok for her friend, but it would be ok for her. She argued with me for a little while and when I said "fine, never mind", she told me to get out!

The final straw was when I went to check my e-mail after not checking it for 10 days, and she unplugged her computer and told me I wasn't paying enough attention to her. Then, I saw a commercial that had Xmas songs on it and I had the nerve to groan and say, "yuck". She told me that Xmas was her favorite season and while she was yelling at me, I started packing my stuff, I was out in 1 hour. She called me a "30 year old loser who sponged off of her", and demanded rent money for the time I was there. Keep in mind I got here Nov.26, and I moved out Dec.7.
I just want to say......I'm coming back to Montana. I found out Reno really does suck, prices, traffic, people, scenery. So, I lied again, Montana IS home!

Old 12-11-2004, 07:07 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. I know what the crazy ones are like (dealt with one myself). I found out more about her that made me think twice when I moved in with her for a summer. I've heard before that you don't know someone 'til you live with them. Must be some truth to it. Best of luck on your trip back north. Hope it goes well.

-----------------------
Justin