Blackstone results- before and after VEG OIL

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:29 PM
fordnut74
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackstone results- before and after VEG OIL

Got my results back on my oil samples, One was taken from my first oil change which was run on only diesel, and one was from my most recent oil change, run mostly on Veg oil. A few items went up a small amount, most notably the sodium. Not sure what that indicates, or what problems it will cause, if any. These small changes may be due to the Veg Oil, or the added stress of the MODS I have done. Either way, They say there is nothing to worry about. Also noted was that my oil was still in good shape at 5,600 miles, so I may bump my interval up to 7, 500 for this cycle and retest.
Here are the links to the Normal and Veg Oil samples

Old 10-25-2004, 11:21 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Fordnut, did you have to refine the oil somehow before you used it? i had heared of vegie oil used w/diesel, but not as a motor oil replacement. is there a thread somewhere i can find out more? sounds spiffy...

Old 10-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
Do they test for glycerin in the oil?

Old 10-25-2004, 11:47 PM
psdpower
Elder User
RedStroker, he is using it as fuel not as engine oil, the engine oil analysis is just used as a way to gauge how well the engine is running.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Hey Fordnut you need to relax restrictions on your MSN groups there. It's asking for a .NET username and password.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:20 AM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
gotcha...i thought it sounded a little bit odd. the links said i was forbidden, so couldn't read further into what he posted.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Black88GT
Elder User
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Hey Fordnut you need to relax restrictions on your MSN groups there. It's asking for a .NET username and password.
That was harder to get out of than **** when the wife walks in

Old 10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
fordnut74
Senior User
That was harder to get out of than **** when the wife walks in
LMFAO, Thats funny.

I am not sure why it was restricted, never used to be, but It shouldn't be anymore.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by fordnut74
LMFAO, Thats funny.

I am not sure why it was restricted, never used to be, but It shouldn't be anymore.
Leave it to Microsoft to screw things up. As of tuesday morning, it's still requiring a .NET username and password.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
fordnut74
Senior User
you know, sometimes I really don't like Microsoft. trying it out from my work computer I am having the same problems. So I did some typing, conversions, cut and past and posted a barely legible copy on my galleries, hopefully HERE The left column is the veg oil, middle column is my trucks average, and the right is the diesel only

Last edited by fordnut74; 10-26-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
That time I was able to see it. Iron's kind of high with the veggie. You might want to stick with diesel until the engine is FULLY warmed up so that glycerin will burn better. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the cylinder walls going due to washdown.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:55 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
what kind of milage do you get per gallon of diesel when you run the veggie oil? or is it the same, just less diesel use per mile? er....something like that

Old 10-26-2004, 04:52 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
ok...after doing some more informed reading on some of Fordnuts other posts, i understand better now. who woulda thought the engine could run on straight veggie oil? makes me wanna try it out now....is there a website somewhere that will tell me more? besides biodiesel...that stuff doesn't sound too super yet because of the prices.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Old 10-26-2004, 07:49 PM
fordnut74
Senior User
Wow, I really need to crawl out from under my rock more often, Only after ken notified me that he moved my thread, did I realize there was an alternative fuels section added But in that respect cool!!

Redstroke- there are several sites that have various info on this topic, the three I frequent the most are greasel.com, alternative fuels at The Diesel Stop, and http://www.vegburner.co.uk/index.html. It is kind of hard to keep track, but on a recent 2,500 mile road trip to Vegas and back I figure I averaged 15mpg, running only SVO.

That time I was able to see it. Iron's kind of high with the veggie. You might want to stick with diesel until the engine is FULLY warmed up so that glycerin will burn better. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the cylinder walls going due to washdown.
Kwik- I called Blackstone to voice my(your) concern on the high iron. They said that at this point it is nothing to worry about, and the increased levels are moe than liekly due to the fact that I have increased the power of the motor almost 50% since the first sample was done. I am going to do another oil change at the same 5,600 mile interval with no other changes to the motor to establish a baseline for my motor from which to referance future analysis. Each motor has its own distinct wear patern, and can change a small amount based on type of oil, change interval, operational usage, and MODIFICATIONs . The lady I talked with was the one who did my analysis, and said that there isn't anything I should be concerned at this point.

Quick Reply: Blackstone results- before and after VEG OIL