Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

I Need Good Pictures Of Your Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile I Need Good Pictures Of Your Truck

I'd like to make a calendar for the Drifters store...different than the one I currently put together. Here's the plan.

If you want a nice picture of your truck on the calendar, please post here and let me know when you have the "perfect" image in your gallery of your truck. I'll need at least 13 images. I'll include one of my own. Maybe emailing me the image would be best..but post here anyway so I can keep a good count and offer feedback.

The image should be as clear as possible, show all of your truck, with borders even on both sides as possible. I have to change the resolution and number of pixels to get it to fit, so it should be completely in focus!! The truck should be cleaned and polished or a nice pic of it coming out of a mud hole or another 4 wheeling image. Something that would make good eye candy for staring at for a whole month, before moving on to the next months image/page.

Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol....does getting stuck in a rut coming out of a farm trail count? cuz i think a buddy of mine has some pics of my truck down in a rut that was probably pretty close to 28 or 30 inches deep...

Michael

Old 10-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

If its a picture that meets the above guidelines, send it to me. I'll make the final cuts and editing on pictures for this years calendar. ( or next years ) I want a calender made of our own vehicles and either in a "show pose" or "action pose". They must be of calendar quality to make it a desired calendar by all of the Drifters.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:53 AM
RICE H8R
Elder User
I've always liked the pic of mine right after I cleaned it. I just put it in my gallery...it's that last one labeled F-150 I believe. I don't know that it's "calender quality"...but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Old 10-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

That'd be a great picture, with the grain silos behind it...can you get a shot with more sun behind you and directly on the truck...maybe a slight angle to the truck, looking the same direction? The less shadow in front of the image, the more pro it looks. Thanks..nice truck too, by the way.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
RICE H8R
Elder User
Thanks. That's the last pic like that I'll have tho. 1)It's snowing here right now...which would make a good pic too i guess...might have to do that and 2)We just put up a new garage on the spot I took that picture.

Old 10-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

The nicer you can make the picture, the better the calendar will look. Center the truck in the picture, give it a background and you have a nice shot. Check out my 99F150 pics in my gallery..especially the one with the gardens. That is one pic I may use in the calendar. Just an example though. All good pictures will be considered...mudding, hill climbing, a nice forest road...using your truck and making the picture look good is all ya need to think about. take several pictures each time... especially if you don't have a digital camera and can view the results right away. I hope more than you respond. but we do have a year to work on it...sooner if I get the images from enough people in this chapter. I may go to our galleries and see if others from FTE are interested in letting me do a calendar with their trucks. But I'll give the Drifters first shot.

Old 10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
RICE H8R
Elder User
I have an idea for a nice picture. Get the pickup clean, or try, then have it sittin in the snow with trees in the background all white and frosted over. That'd look nice IMO. It'll be awhile before that will happen tho. When are you planning on puttin the calender out?

Old 10-17-2004, 02:59 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
What about liscense plates? Are those going to be shown or covered up?

Old 10-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I will do another calender as soon as I can get all 13 pics from the chapter. Or wait until later on. I can change the pictures on the calendar any time.

If you send me the pictures, via attachment, I will spray out the license plate numbers with my editing software. You can check out the current calendar and price on the store website. You can view all the pics I'm currently using.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:29 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
I put two pics in my gallery titled "Option 1 & 2". Pick which one you like best, then I'll send you the big version of the pic.

-----------------------
Justin

Old 10-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I sent you an email. Server has been down and up so much I never know what's going to post tonight. I love picture #1. It will look great. I'll post it on the current calendar.

Send pictures to dcordell at bigsky dot net in attachment, please.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

Hey Dick, if your considering other fte members pic's ,maybe mine could qualify?
heres a pic of it....my baby...click here.. ..i'll work on shining it up alittle for you .
what do you think?..........

Old 10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Hee hee....can you haul it down to Moab and place it at the bottom of one of those long downhill run/slides? You can stand by it and I'll caption it...."yessir..I rode her all the way down and all I got was this hyar little band-aid". Too bad it isn't a Chibby.... I could do a calendar of Chibby's We Love to See.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:06 PM
tofer76
Senior User
why wont the site let me post an attachment i cant get my pic on here

Quick Reply: I Need Good Pictures Of Your Truck