Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

true blue?

Old 10-10-2004, 12:46 AM
mrmopar675
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
true blue?

Hello all,
this is a first post iam not here to bash any one or truck ! First off i would like to thank all the powerstroke owners....lol I do have the cummins but seems you all rag on it.guess you cant handle a little comp? the powerstroke isnt a proven engine it hasnt been out like the cummins has. I know your thinking b.s. then why are they putting cummins in the larger fords?I would like to know my self i ran across this site on mistake but kinda glad i did.Every manufactor has problems but with the new dodge trannys there are a big inprovement.true they have been pretty much junk till now.hummmmmmmm what about the e40d? junk
the tranny builder i use told me that there really wasnt a good tranny yet. and he has a new powerstroke ( with a new tranny from ford ) Power?? sure i think the powerstroke will smoke me off the line.but i didnt spend $40k to do that all i have to do is turn mine up without chipping. i dont need to chip to prove any thing if iam not mistaken the cummins is cut in about half.face it we are all driveing mini semis as it is now!!If any of you check out any dodge site we are are haveing about the same kinda problems with our trucks.iam a true believer dodge did screw up with the back doors but 2006 will change all that.
thanks
mopar mike

Old 10-10-2004, 12:24 PM
turbo TED
Senior User
True blue in my own experience has been knowing of all of of the ford issues &
still being there in the past & remaining there in the future for ture blue. As far as issues in total number of issues dodge may still lead the pack here in america! But hey to a certian point it is still kind of american made!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER........TURBO TED

Old 10-10-2004, 04:30 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
You can keep your Dodge, and I WILL stick to Ford. Perhaps soemtime Dodge will figure out how to make a reliable tranny. I will stick with my True Blue Ford!!!

Old 10-10-2004, 05:06 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmopar675
Hello all,
this is a first post iam not here to bash any one or truck ! First off i would like to thank all the powerstroke owners....lol I do have the cummins but seems you all rag on it.guess you cant handle a little comp? the powerstroke isnt a proven engine it hasnt been out like the cummins has. I know your thinking b.s. then why are they putting cummins in the larger fords?I would like to know my self i ran across this site on mistake but kinda glad i did.Every manufactor has problems but with the new dodge trannys there are a big inprovement.true they have been pretty much junk till now.hummmmmmmm what about the e40d? junk
the tranny builder i use told me that there really wasnt a good tranny yet. and he has a new powerstroke ( with a new tranny from ford ) Power?? sure i think the powerstroke will smoke me off the line.but i didnt spend $40k to do that all i have to do is turn mine up without chipping. i dont need to chip to prove any thing if iam not mistaken the cummins is cut in about half.face it we are all driveing mini semis as it is now!!If any of you check out any dodge site we are are haveing about the same kinda problems with our trucks.iam a true believer dodge did screw up with the back doors but 2006 will change all that.
thanks
mopar mike
WELCOME, ... read the Guidelines… make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum.
Enjoy FTE... A FORD SITE

Old 10-10-2004, 05:14 PM
fordbeast_80
Elder User
Welcome To FTE, hopefully you plan to stay around and contirbute to our fine forum, there are plenty of people here that own other brands of vehicles.

Old 10-10-2004, 05:28 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now now wedont anymore people from the Dodge side coming here and blasting Ford. Its gets pretty intense when that happens. Ive bashed Dodge a time or two but for good reason. Hey welcome to the site. Please feel free to contribute your ideas.But be prepared for some rebuttal.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:53 AM
ChevyRacing
Junior User
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 150ford
Now now wedont anymore people from the Dodge side coming here and blasting Ford. Its gets pretty intense when that happens. Ive bashed Dodge a time or two but for good reason. Hey welcome to the site. Please feel free to contribute your ideas.But be prepared for some rebuttal.
Yeah be prepared to do the same when surfing a dodge site man those guys are brutal when someone brings up ford beating dodge at towing or whatever, they will put you in the pits.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:43 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome.
A lot of what you say is true, Ford - dare I say it - has built some substandard products over the years (E40D one of them), and the current Dodge Ram - dare I say it again - doesn't apear to bad.

But all in all I have blue blood in me - was seduced by a 66 Mustang fastback...

Hope you hang around, as it is intresting to have people with different perspectives around, and as long as when you criticise you do it with info to back you up, everything will work out good .

And if you need any info on the axle housing for your neighbours 73 F-Truck you know where to come....

Old 10-11-2004, 08:21 AM
biggieou
Elder User
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mrmopar675
Hello all,
thanks
mopar mike
Yadda yadda yadda, if you want to complain please dont. If you want to bring up valid points, please do. Stick to your Dodge site. We waste too much bandwith on people who just want to get on here and run there mouths.