S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Is this really a club?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this really a club?

Ok, first let me post my apology if I upset a few long term members, etc... Thats not my intention however here is my issue.

I have built Hot Rods since the late 70's and part of owning a rod is to be part of an active club. There is nothing better then getting together at least once a month with an active group of people who share your same interest.

I have been involved with the startup of several rod clubs here in Orange County and as well as a long time past member of OCHRA. The groups I have been involved with have always had active participation whether it was a Tuesday night get together or and active weekend trip.

One of the groups I help start had a member who was from Ford Corporate in Irvine. He arranged for the club to spend a Saturday at the Saline Race facility in Lake Forest to check out the latest design/engineering meet the drivers, etc...

We have had private tours at Peterson Museum, seen private car collections from un-named local well-known figures, etc.....

When I got my F350 back in August I started going around the net trying to find active groups here in Southern California. Primarily ones that dealt in Heavy Diesal Fords, 4x4, etc... I stumbled upon this web sight and saw the SOCAL chapter.

Frankly I am dissapointed. There is absolutely no monthly club activities, no get togethers, nothing.....Just this forum.The last get together I saw posted was a big bear trip that had no follow up to when/were, etc...

I posted over a month ago about the 4x4 off road show at Pomona, (coming up this weekend I might add) and only got a couple of people that said they were interested in going. What a kick it would have been to get 50 guys together, have breakfast and then show up together at the show. That's what clubs do.

The information on this web sight is great, don't get me wrong. However part of being a member should be having an active club.

I would like to have everyone elses input on this subject.

I am going to a get together on Sunday in Temucula with an another, Ford Truck group. (I found them on the net also) I want to check out there club, its members etc... and see if its worth joining.

I am even tempted to start a Club myself. With the amount of Fords out there it should not be a problem to get 100 guys together for a kick-*** group.

What's your thoughts in getting this group active?

Old 10-09-2004, 09:48 PM
2004 Screw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaterSugeon I think thats a great idea. Im in the Los angeles Area and would like to join a club like the you spoke off.

2004 Screw F-150

Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you saying you are nominating yourself as Chapter Leader? That's exactly what's needed to get this chapter going...

Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 AM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by webmaster
Are you saying you are nominating yourself as Chapter Leader? That's exactly what's needed to get this chapter going...
From years of experience I have learned an active strong group needs a strong core of dedicated individuals who are willing to devote at least 10-15 hours per week on administrative issues.

If we can find at least 10 members that can honestly devote that type of time I would be willing to help steer the group.

Old 10-10-2004, 02:12 PM
2004 Screw
Elder User
Hi Watersurgeon
Just let me know what i can do to be of service?

2004 Screw

Old 10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
There IS an active PSD club here in SoCAl. They toured a winery down in Temecula this weekend.

Watersurgeon, wnat to report back here how it went?

SpringerPop

Old 10-11-2004, 04:33 PM
MaXRSmart
Senior User
Watersurgeon,
I saw you at the SoCAPS meeting at the winery. What did you think? Sorry if I did not get a chance to really say hello, I was a little busy putting some custom badges on Bobby's truck.

For anyone else that has a PSD, check out the SoCAPS club. SoCAPS stands for Southern California Power Strokes. It is a pretty active club and we just had a meeting/get together last weekend. The official meetings are usually about every 3 months, with some activities in between.

In Febuary, International would like SoCAPS host a big Power Stroke fest all around the Craftsman Truck Series and they are talking of having the race truck their on display.

If you would like to check out the club site the website is,

www.socaps.com

Hope to see you their.

Last edited by MaXRSmart; 10-11-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:11 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That's great... but we need to talk about getting this group going. Invite the SoCAPs guys to a FTE Chapter meeting!

Old 10-13-2004, 11:16 AM
MaXRSmart
Senior User
You can count on it. When is it?

Old 10-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Hoss350
Freshman User
I would love to help out any way possible, I was heavily involved in a car club and sold that car and bought my powerstroke and was very excited to be a part of it, but like watersurgeon am bummed out at the lack of get togethers and just plain meeting new freindly people who share the same things in common, I know I'm sure we all have so much to offer one another even if it's just a new name and face.

Anything I can do let me know,

Matt (Hoss)
ambertrevor@comcast.net

Old 11-05-2004, 10:31 PM
ditto
Senior User
I wouldn't mind joining the group, not as a core member, however i'll show up when needed. any offroading trips i'm more then down for.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:52 AM
fn250
Elder User
The first FTE meeting was held several months ago, and it was near Point Magu. No offense, but it was far (at least for me I'm in the San Gabriel Valley). We may want to consider having a meeting closer to LA. Something a bit more centralized in Southern Calie. Just my two cents.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:02 AM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
How about something in the Riverside,Carona, or Norco areas? Seems like theres alot of "Car" shows but I never hear anything about a truck show. To me that would seem like it would get the word out to people. Not only that I know that there are alot of old and new Ford trucks out here after all for some people theyre a tool of the trade.
It would be nice if we could organize an offical group to meet and setup events that are on par with some of the car shows like "Show and Go" and "Route 66". Who knows maybey we could even get some sponsors like a local Ford dealership, or even an eninge builder or resturaunt to help with the costs of event permits and so on. All we need is to get organized and get the word out that things are going on. It seems like people are willing to say they'll do something, but don't. If anyone is serious about getting something together it will take time but we can do it. Let me know who is interested by PMing me and Ill start a list if need be.
-Chris