Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Well Guys.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Guys.........

Well guys.............there is good news and bad news. The good news is the chapter is taking bigger and bigger steps as activity in our Illinois Chapters' forum threads increases.

The bad news?......well...as of this afternoon, I'm....uh.........job hunting.
First I lost 31 years and seven months..to the day when 3M Company closed our plant. I went to Grace Chemical...until they went into chapter eleven for the second time in nine years. I lost nine weeks that time. As of 2:15 this afternoon, I lost two years and three months. American manufacturing is not what it used to be.

So,............I have a new set of priorities now. The chapter may have to take a back seat for now from my stand point. Since, he's so close, I could pass the current sheets, etc. to Fairmontman to hand off to the next "Leader".

Personally, I believe either John or Tim would do a great job taking over the Chapter Leader spot. Bob would do a great job too, though I know he's one busy guy. (I've known his family for well over thirty years, I used to work with his Father.) I would offer help to everyone through e-mail, etc. to help maintain the Chapter, until such time as I have a new employer.

I honestly hate to let this go as we are getting up momentum, but.....I have a wife and family to think about.

I've had many positions in 35 years of manufacturing from fork lift operator, to machine operator, hazardous material handler, to being in charge of 22 employees in self directed work teams, to serving as a Union Shop Steward, to being a technical writer and an I.S.O. Auditor.

Guess, it's time to make a new resume. Thanks for your support, Ron

Old 10-01-2004, 08:51 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
Hey Ron - what happened, you lost your job today? We need you - Your an excellent leader !!!! I know you spend alot of time putting this chapter together but you can slow down on all your effort. Your doing wonderful and we all can help you out covering your position so you can find your new employment. Just give the threads a break and we can cover for you. We dont want to see you go. Your our CAPTAIN and you deserve a break. Take your time and take care of your family - they are #1 - You can still make it to the meeting on the 10th I hope. Im sure all of us understand and are willing to help you out any way we can. I want to see you as our leader and im sure everyone agrees.We need you Ron - Dont give up your position - Your the best Tim

Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Job Hunting

Thanks Tim.............three of us got less than good news this afternoon. I no longer work in the Willowbrook area, no 26 mile round trips to work.........for now.

I've had sometime to give things some thought. I started to look for companies in the area to send resumes to. Some seem to be a good fit others could be another learning experiance big time.

I'll plan to be at the October meeting and hand out the sheets, etc. to everyone. Looks like I'll have sometime to make up that interest/information sheet. I'll need to clear it all with the F. T. E. site, then hand them out.

It's a set back for the family, but not one we haven't faced already. Give me a day or two so I can sort things out a bit.

I'll do what needs to be done and keep the chapter moving forward. I'm a little down right now, but never out.

Thanks again, Ron

Old 10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Ron,
That is a blow. I'm sorry it happened to anyone I know. I know it's hard now but you'll see in time that everything has a way of working out for the best. You know that any of us here would help in any way we could, should you ask us. We'll see you at the meeting. For now, hang in there amigo.
Carol

Old 10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
The hunt begins

Well,.....I'll be updating my resume and begin mailing or e-mail it out to potential employers. My...uh...former employer has promised me a letter of recommendation to add. I'll review what I want to do and go from there.

I have also found what should be a nice third meeting site in the Tinley Park/Oak Forest area.

I asked for approval for our "Recruiter" sheet so we can further expand our membership and interest in the F.T.E. site.

Thanks, Fastronald

Old 10-04-2004, 05:17 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Ron, Sorry to hear the bad news about your job. I agree with Tim, you are a great leader, and you've done an excellent job in getting this Chapter started! All of us in the IL Chapter will do what we can to help you keep this chapter going strong. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job! John

Old 10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
Sorry to hear the bad news Ron,like Tim and John said will all help out to keep the chapter going. Bob