Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

will anyone laugh at my truck if I go to the meeting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 11:19 AM
blacksmithtech
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking will anyone laugh at my truck if I go to the meeting?

Hi, After looking at the picts of the other member's trucks I have to say that I am going to feel like the ugly sister if I show up at the meeting. Could we have a "most rust" or "most neglected" class? Some of us just change the oil, put tires on it and drive down the road with a big *****-eatin grin on our faces. Take care all you fellow Ford people!

Old 09-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Sgt_Pepper17
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the old ones are the toughest. if you go to a meeting with an old beat up ford truck and someone laughs at it or makes fun of it, then they have forgotten the purpose of a truck. some of my greatest memories have come from my old beater that i didn't have to care about (both because it is a beater and an old, indestructable ford truck.) we drug an old 350 engine block behind my truck for miles and miles and when i had to come to a stop or the engine hit a bump and it hit my bumper or bed, the truck just laughed at the pitiful chevy engine and kept on goin. I didn't even dent the bed or bumper either. furthermore if they laugh at your truck and you have a big block then tou should get in and turn and burn. Ford big blocks are the best.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:51 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
I am the officer who is in charge of all the photos. I will pesonally guarentee you that as long as you show up in your FORD truck with a smile on your face. No body will laugh at your truck. We are here to help each other out not to make fun of anybody. You are very welcome to come and we all look forward to seeing you there.All Ford Truck Owners Are Welcome. Tim

Old 09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Your Truck

This is the Ford Truck Enthusiasts.....so long as you enjoy it, there is no need for anyone to question that or laugh. Ugly or not, taking part is what counts. I've had some project trucks that did not look very good when I brought them home. The current truck I'm trying to get my hands on is an eye killer and should be a great project.

I have no doubts Tim will do your truck justice with his camera.

Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 09-29-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
I won't laugh at yours and am confident you won't laugh at mine............Welcome and hope to see you there. "Ford trucks, UNITE!"

Old 09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Sgt_Pepper17
Senior User
where and when are the illinois chapter meatings? I'm from dixon, il and i was kinda interested in goin. what is discussed as well?

Old 09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter

We formed the Illinois Chapter last month, our second meeting is on Sunday Oct. 10th at 1:00. Thus far we have decided to meet each month on a Sunday at 1:00. The locations will be in various areas that reflect the majority of the Chapter members. We can shift our meetings to meet the needs of the Chapter and needs of our members. This months meeting will have some new ideas, thoughts and topics to discuss and make decisions on. For the time being the La Grange - Willowbrook - Dairen area is a neutral location. I will look for a meeting site farther south/southwest in the coming months as well as discuss with the Chapter members a meeting much farther south to accomodate members expressing interest down state. The driving distance would be as neutral/fair as is possible. As we progress, additional Officers positions should become available to help as we expand our membership. If you have any questions feel free to ask us or myself.

Thanks, Fastronald

Old 09-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Sgt_Pepper17
Senior User
What kind of things are/will be discussed at meetings and what exactly is the purpose of the chapter (perhaps the mission statement and maybe something a little more layman than that.)

Old 09-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
I suggest you start by reading the "Chapter needs a Leader" thread and you should find your questions answered there. A mission statement?...we are out to meet as friends and enjoy doing things as a group and build the chapter large enough to begin our own shows, swap meets, etc.in the future. Being a month old, we have much to do before we require a mission statement.

Fastronald

Old 10-01-2004, 04:01 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

As long as your truck is a Ford, I won't laugh at it! Showing up in a Chevy could get some laughs, though!

Old 10-30-2004, 01:25 PM
dPrasse01
Senior User
Originally Posted by JohnT
As long as your truck is a Ford, I won't laugh at it! Showing up in a Chevy could get some laughs, though!
bbbbbbbbbbwwwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

good point !

I love the old girls ...I have several 66s that are not in road condition ...

Old 11-06-2004, 01:31 AM
mc73454
Freshman User
Thumbs up

I love my old Ford truck.I used to beat the crap outta my 83 F150 and it just laughed and I coulda swore I heard it say(after a few beverages) "Bring it on,tough guy!" My 79 F250 was not a pretty ride and was on it's last legs,but still made several Effingham to Rockford trips with nary a complaint.I miss that truck.The 88 I have now is prolly the "cleanest" Ford I've had,but it,too,has been around the block 166,000 times and has the scrapes and bruise to prove it,but as previously stated,I love my old Ford truck. The newer shinier ones scare me,I'd be afraid to use them.
If you're gonna laugh at me,laugh at this.I forsaked my love twice and regretted it.Once with an S-10 that tried to kill me,and then with a Chevy K-25 that was just the biggest unreliable P.O.S. I've ever had to deal with.I let my 79 sit for three months while trying to get that big Chevy to start on a consistant basis.I'd go out to the F250,pump it about 5 times,and fire it right up,while that Chevrolet just whimpered at me.So,laugh at my Chevy stories,but I'll not laugh at a hard working FORD TRUCK!!

Old 11-06-2004, 11:39 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Any ford is welcome. Check out the thread about the big spring get together for the Illinois Chapter. Hope to see you there.