General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Monster Truck Show in Pontiac Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 11:51 AM
x_FordMan_x
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the monser truck show last night at the silverdome in pontiac and it was a wonderful turnout but i dont understand why all those people showed up when the show wasn't all that good. they qualified the did quads, then first round of truck crushing then quads, then semi finals then quads, then more quads, then the finals then more quads and then frestyle. it was lame. no tuff trucks, the track had no ruff parts in it just the cars where the trucks jumped thats it. what ever happend to Bigfoot? I wanted to see Bull Dozer he put on a good show last year and then bearfoot wasn't there. it was actually kind of sad. well at least a ford one it against the grave digger. oh well at least there is blue thunder to keep my spirits up

Ford Man

Old 03-11-2002, 05:24 PM
razookelly
Freshman User

We used to go to Monster truck shows years ago. We stopped when it took on the Professional Wrestling motif. I lost interest when the trucks became non-trucks. Years ago they were regular trucks, with doors and such. Now they're like monster funnycars. Boring.

Now the tuff trucks, there's some really good competition! I really like the tuff trucks more than any of the other features at the monster truck shows. These are regular guys and girls just doin' it with low buck equipment. That's fun!

Old 03-11-2002, 05:38 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe someone should start up a "Brown Dirt" league of monster truckin' where corporate sponsors are not allowed....

Old 03-11-2002, 07:56 PM
red ranger
Senior User

ahhhh the smell of used up fuel in the air and the loud thunder of the monster trucks...a while back my father and both brothers and my self went and i can tell you that was the most enjoyed sport i have ever witnessed live at the silver dome. i still try to catch it on TNN on saturdays when able. hey what ever happened to BIG FOOT???

Old 03-12-2002, 03:46 PM
keporter
Senior User
Post Monster Truck Show in Pontiac Michigan

I have to agree that was a poor show Sat. night. If I wanted to see all the Quads I'd have went to a quad race. And only 8 trucks, last year at least they had other smaller race trucks to. Hey how'd ya like the weather upon leaving? It took me 3 hours to get home and only an hour to get there. That ice was terrible, along with the wind.

Old 03-12-2002, 03:56 PM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post