Hey guys can ya help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 09:04 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys can ya help?

Hi all...
I got a favor to ask, ya see, my F.I.R.S.T. Robotics team (team 241 Derry, NH Pinkerton Academy) is trying to put together a "anything with a engine" show as a fundraiser which is still in the works, we gotta cough up $6,000 just to register then another 6-7k for parts and travel costs....

So the point is if we get this thing together would any of you guys be able or like to bring yer trucks, 'stangs, and any other item of curiosity or "bling bling" (shiny stuff, chrome, gold, rice burners , huge systems that make things go boom and rattle bolts loose...stuff like that)

ANYTHING is welcome as long as it's got an engine....Cars, trucks, sleds, harleys & custom bikes, heck even Mopeds!!! we don't care! u can even bring a riding lawnmower for all we care!!! (not that anyone except Adam Sandler would do that......

So if you'd like to come just post here and I'll get back when we have everything set. and if anyone can recommend a good venue for it in so. NH, were open to suggestions.

you can also visit the first robotics national website (ours is down....) if ya want some more info.http://www.usfirst.org/

Thanks guys,
Pat

Old 09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When's the truck gotta be there? I have a good truck but it's gettin a new motor right now

Old 09-24-2004, 03:53 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
I don't have the specifics yet but there's been talk about the end of October and if needed early november. We might know by wednesday next week. Not sure. I'm just trying to get a feel on people that might be interested. The 3 venues we have been talking about are my school's football field or the senior parking lot (yup...damn seniors get all the privs.. ..) or the local wal-mart. I've already got a friend in a WWII Ford jeep who'll come....so you should have plenty of time to drop that motor in before it happens. You guys will have some input as to when it's held. I'll keep you guys posted.

later,
Pat

Old 09-24-2004, 09:17 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Well..if my engine/truck is ready in time then I will let ya know.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Silverback
Junior User
Thumbs up

I'm pretty close to Derry (Fremont), and I may be able to bring my 93 F150, and my 85 Mustang GT. I'll also pass the word along to my friends on my Mustang site- we love a chance to 'show off'!!!

Old 10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Just in case you guys didn't see my last post....the show definitely is on!
It's Oct. 24th, there will be food...and a johnny on the spot...and a cop...(school rules...keeps the cahs' safe..) and some judging....3 classes Automotive, Hot Rod, and Powersports (sleds, atv's & ATC's, dirtbikes...etc...)
and possibly a fourth class for Bikers...

It's being advertised on rock 101 and a couple others. we have a lot of room so tell all your friends...just leave the riding lawnmowers @ home....I kinda got carried away on that...And if u guys know anyone with some type of Military Vehicle...please do spread the word...

Someone better bring some sleds Cough*mustanggt221*cough* hack* (clearing throat.....)

Old 10-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Mo Smoke
Freshman User
Unfortunately I'll be out of town putting a roof on my place up nord and tidying up for winter .Riding season is just around the corner.....Wanted to bring my Mtn Cat 800 EFI 144" 2" paddles...Way cool in the deep stuff

Old 10-15-2004, 06:56 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Originally Posted by Mo Smoke
Unfortunately I'll be out of town putting a roof on my place up nord and tidying up for winter .Riding season is just around the corner.....Wanted to bring my Mtn Cat 800 EFI 144" 2" paddles...Way cool in the deep stuff
Oh well..thee's next year...I'd have loved to see that mtn. cat. I don't think my polaris's will make it either, I'm rejetting the carbs... prev. owner had them set w/ 340 mains for twin pipes....it only needs 280's!!!

But again, anyone who can come would be great!!!

Old 10-22-2004, 10:20 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Ladies and gents....1 more day to go... I hope to see some of you guys there on sunday. We got gladstone ford to kick in a new mustang and MAYBE a 2004 F-250 SD PowerStroke....it would be nice.....we will have our robot on display and doing some stuff...as we had to rewire the damn thing...that was a real bear...If anyone's lookin' for me ask for Pat Sullivan over @ the robot display. I'll spend most of the day there.

Ya so, come on down, admission's only a buck...And don't worry about anything getting stolen. We have the cops there 2...

It is now being held in the parking lots for the GYM, Science Bldg. and the English/Fine Arts Bldg. Oh and DO NOT park in front of the clock tower....just follow the signs with the red paint on them....look for kids in red sweatshirts...those are "event staff"...Here's a campus map...

Pinkerton Academy Directions & campus maps

So guys, lets try to have the most # of vehicles there be fords...and save for that new dodge powerwagon.....which is sweet... (I'm a fan of the old powerwagons too...)Bring anything you got!!!

So see ya on sunday! Feel Free to PM me w/ any ?'s.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:13 AM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
I wish I could have gone....my 393 isn't done yet and my truck still has no powertrain. The Arctic Cat is still in the enclosed trailer too, gotta get that out and ready for a better-be-damn-good snow season.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:58 PM
ATC_250SX
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man i gotta read in this forum more often, I woulda come down to that,(i woulda had to speed up the rebuild,but..) I know some people that would love to show stuff off, plus id be cool to meet other members in the area, and im only like 45 minutes from you, up by concord, (well slightly north of it) howd you guys make out on raising moneys??