Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Who's on here from Indy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:05 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's on here from Indy?

Been kicking about a 2nd vehicle for my 1998 Bull. Can't decide between a new Ranger or a late model F-250 PSD [non-6.0]. I picked up a copy of Trader and found a dealer called Bart's over in Columbia City that seems to sell a lot of diesels.

As far as Indy area dealerships, who is the consensus go with as far as working with? I've heard horror stories about Capitol City, I've bought from Inskeep's in Greenfield before, and Chuck Callahan before he was bought out by Family Auto, and now Burd. Both were reasonable experiences. Speaking of Bird, I see Larry has sold his interest in his dealership in Martinsville it's now John Walton Ford.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:10 PM
snowfighter
Elder User
I live in Indy (beechgrove) But I guess I cannot help you as I have never bought new or used from a dealer, I have heard that Paul Harvey was good place to work with. Ford is selling to many trucks to do a whole lot of dealing IMHO.

Wayne

Old 09-17-2004, 08:45 PM
AD1995
Junior User
I think I've bought from every dealer in the Indy area, and the only one I'll still work with is Bill Estes Ford in Brownsburg. I've worked with a guy name Mike and he gave me a good deal a year ago. When I complained about something they fixed it. Both of my current Trucks are from Brownsburg and my next mostlikely would be.
I will say though Andy Mohr Ford has a lot of Trucks but I've had some problems there. Shame because I live near them and go by there so often, but they like to add in extra's and not tell you.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:27 AM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Originally Posted by AD1995
I think I've bought from every dealer in the Indy area, and the only one I'll still work with is Bill Estes Ford in Brownsburg. I've worked with a guy name Mike and he gave me a good deal a year ago. When I complained about something they fixed it. Both of my current Trucks are from Brownsburg and my next mostlikely would be.
I will say though Andy Mohr Ford has a lot of Trucks but I've had some problems there. Shame because I live near them and go by there so often, but they like to add in extra's and not tell you.
Interesting. I go by Estes when I go out I-74 on my occasional trips to Peoria. I figured with a huge, shiny place like that, they would be the "adding to the bottom line" kind of outfit. Speaking of add-ons I was perusing Jerry Alderman and everything on their lot has an "Additional Dealer Markup" on it. Some for "Extra clearcoat layer" to "Pin Striping" .. $500 worth ... uhhh no. I know dealers hate to see me because I would buy new on Z-Plan.

Old 09-27-2004, 07:00 AM
AD1995
Junior User
I was at a deal one day looking at a truck and this guy walked up put started putting on pin striping and then marked the truck up when I was looking at it. I turn around to my wife and said in my loudest voice. They just messed this truck up time to go somewere else.

Estes has done good to me. They worked with me and when I told them they had to cut an additional 1000 dollors they did it without to much problem. It helps when your buying a $40000 dollor truck they more willing to work with you it seems.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
jonesboys
New User
Andy Mohr Ford has some really good deals. So does John Walton in Martinsville. That is where i am from.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
AD1995
Junior User
The only problem with Andy Mohr is they like to give you a good deal and then mark it up when your not looking. They tried it with me.

Old 10-24-2004, 04:05 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
I'll have to put a plug in for where I'm looking at getting a 2004 Heritage from. Sharp Ford, salesperson is Patty - no BS fees, and they don't put stuff like "credit life" on your loan to pad their pockets.
Saleslady there is very knowledgeable about what they sell.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:40 AM
b2_tim
Senior User
I have been happy with my 2003 F150 from Andy Mohr. Even their service dept is decent, in my experience. No quibbling, only one counter offer, done deal. Worked with a young salesman who was eager. I don't put up with old school sales tactics, it is a buyers market.