Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Bandimere Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bandimere Swap Meet

Coming this Saturday September 18th. Gates open at 6:30 am for buyers and admission is $6.

--Mike

Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang, I missed it, prolly woulda came Mike G. Anything good there?

Old 09-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was okay, there was a crapload of $300 camaros there....i think they were overpriced for what they are Not alot of what i was looking for, but fun as bandimere always is.

---JOHN

Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
I've only been to bandimere once and saw some amature racing. When is it open to drag race to the public? I wanna get a time slip for my truck. I can't decide to go there or to PMI in Pueblo... ?

Old 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Im taking my truck down on friday night, and on sunday. Go to www.bandimere.com . Your truck has to pass a tech process, main things include seatbrlts, properly working neutral safety switch, metal fuel line, max. of 1 foot rubber fuel line in engine compartment, coolant overflow, battery holddown, etc. All info is on the site, if i remember correctly, just find info on the fall race series, youll probobally want to run trophy class, which i am going to run. Its a blast. Any questions, send me a private message for phone number.BTW, what year, make, etc is your truck?

---JOHN

Old 09-22-2004, 10:53 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Hey, thanks for the good info. I'll have to check it out. I think my truck will pass tech. I've only got lapbelts, My truck is a stick so I don't have to worry about neutral safety switch, my fuel line is stainless steel braided, I've got a trick overflow bottle, battery holdown is good. I don't necess wanna race anybody I just want a timeslip, lol.

My truck is a '67 f100 shorty. I wanna see what it'll do with the t-18 tranny then I wanna do it when I get the toploader. I've been there before and seen Dodge diesels race against ricers and such, it was cool.

Old 09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
No problem on the lap belts, they were standard issue for that era vehicle. As long as it looks safe and the track will stay clean if anything happens... Get all the stuff out of the bed too, no loose items is what they are after. I ran the 68 Cougar last year on a test and tune night. Everything is pretty much a stock issue item so passing tech was no problem.

I did not get a chance to make it to the swap meet, but then I am really only looking for a front fender for the 65. Only bad thing about going up there is my 16 year old thinks we need to buy averyone else's projects.

Good luck at the track --Mike

Old 09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Yaeh, i second that, nothing in the bed, minimal leaks, and no mud other than driving grime on the truck...Look for the primer(multicolor) 79 250, thats me, im not too fast, but i enjoy going there.

---JOHN

Old 09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Ok, I went to the website and read all that good stuff. Sounds like I'll be totally fine for all of the safety stuff. How much does it cost? Per run? or a couple a night or what?

Old 09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Heres the link for the fall series, the sunday races, i dont know if you found it or not. Last time i was there, they had prices posted on this page, but they dont now. If i remember correctly, it was $35 for bracket 1 and 2, and $30 for trophy class. You get 2 "qualifying" runs, to get an idea of your time, and your reaction, then you start the bracket racing, if you win, you stay in, if not, youre done for the day.I just put a pic of my truck in my gallery, sso if you go, look for me, and if you need someone to follow down to the staging and all, lemme know. When you go to race, you pay to get in, then you fill out your racer info card, take it to the tech lanes, where they inspect and see if you have a valid DL, then they give you your racer number for the day, and youre set. After that, they call for classes to come do qual. runs, then start elims. Fun, fun, fun.....

http://bandimere.com/events/event_de...fm?EventID=258

---JOHN

Old 09-22-2004, 06:39 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Wow, that's pricey but it'll work. Do they give you a slip when your done or how does that work? How fast does your truck run? I'm hoping for a 14-15sec...

Old 09-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
After you make your run, theres a little booth after you turn off the track, they give you your slip there. My truck is 4x4, has a 400 in it, and all is built for driving, not racing, so im happy with my low 18's Last time i raced, i broke out and i was on my brakes hard, i would have had a pass in the 17's that time if i wasnt slowing down to try n avoid breaking out, ohh well. My 27 sedan will be ALOT faster than this truck. Im hoping to have that ready for low 11's in about a year to a year and a half. The slips are pretty nice too, i have my stack in my glovebox, and my trucks getting a little faster now that im getting my motor broken in. And i guess it would help if i ran with only one tank full of gas instead of all 3, i think im going to try that this weekend and see if i get better times

---JOHN

Old 09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Wednesday night test-n-tune is $30 if I recall correctly. Same deal, you pay at the gate and then go to tech, they issue you a number and ask your guesstimated ET. From there, you can run as many times as you like, before anything breaks if your like me, but then it's only about 20 minutes from my house. The time slips are in the booth at the end of the track and you jump back in line to race again if you want. A lot of can be had for just the $30.

--Mike

Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I know a few people who have gone to those test n tunes this year, and they all have told me they were lucky to get in one or two runs because of the amount of people there.....dont know how it is now that the seasons are changing.....

---JOHN

Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Wow, that sounded good at first until colo79ford said that last thing about being crowded. That's why I'm wondering if I should go to PMI or Bandimere. Whatever I do I need to hurry because it's gettin' cold and I might have to wait til spring, huh?

Quick Reply: Bandimere Swap Meet