Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Treasurer

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Treasurer

At tonights meeting with mtflat, we discussed a few issues and questions that I have had for a while.

I asked Tim if he would serve as our first Treasurer, so if there are any objections please let it be known as soon as possible. Right now, the only investment made so far is for the bumper stickers and an initial Tee shirt...and that has all come out of my own pocket. I have addressed the lack of profits in the bumper sticker threads. Eventually, we may need someone to track sales of stickers, shirts and whatever else we dream up to sell the members in order to make $$ to promote events, pay for initial purchase of additional merchandise, donate to charities or whatever.

Since this chapter is such a spread out group, I think that eventually we will need to look at leaders and treasurers in each state. I have to find out more about legalities, taxes, etc etc before we get too deep into this. Tim is also going to find out what he can about which directions we can safely go financially.

Be thinking about nominating a leader/treasurer in each state, to work with me in keeping the Drifters afloat and making meets more accessible for all of us.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:26 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I will try to get some info soon. What I know is, any bank acct will have to have an ID number. SS for personal accounts or Fed/State ID # for businesses. Don't know if Ken wants us to use FTE's # or what.............. I don't think we should use a S.S. number as the individual could be liable for IRS problems if we ever show a profit...

I told Dick I'd be happy to have you send me money Seriously, you all now have a second officer unless someone else wants the job. In the meantime, send Dick payment for the bumperstickers. I have one and they came out great!