Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

State of Ohio conceal carry law..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:08 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
State of Ohio conceal carry law..........

who here has their Ohio conceal carry license?? Who has looked into it?? who here is interested in it??

i have took all my classes and now all i have to do is apply for it as soon as i get time to do so. I know my background is ok so i am not scared at all of not getting it. i was just currious on how many people are actually going through with it and getting the license and who dont even really care about it. i did find out thought that there were only 6 states that would accept the ohio conceal carry but after you get your classes done in ohio and get your ohio liscense you can get floridas over the net and then it is good for like 26 states. the most confusing thing to the whole law right now is how you have to carry it in your vehicle with you. but that will soon be changed its just one of the things they got to work out with it.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
ive been thinking about geetting one but...well i also think do i really need to....even with all the traveling i do.......but i am glad that we do have the option.and choice..finally.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:39 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i am happy that we have the option as well. i found out some interesting things wjile i was taking my calsses. i took my classes a couple months after the law took effect. well alot of places were hangging up the do not carry your concealed weapon in here signs. well after that there had been quite a few robberies cause of those signs being hung up and the robbers knowing that no one there had anything to defend themselvs. so alot of places took the signs down and let people carry it in now because of that. its like free protection to bussinesses. so i think it has turned out to be a very good thing already. i am going to go apply for mine as soon as i get a chance to take a little time from work to do so.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:11 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
I don't own a gun, but am thinking about getting one, and am interested in the concealed carry thing. What all do I have to do to get started?

MR

Old 08-17-2004, 06:51 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
well to get started you got to buy a hand gun of any kind. then next you must find a place or someone giving the safty classes. you then need to go through all the classes and they even have you tear the gun apart and clen it and there is even a part where they take you out on the shooting range to test you. you must hit the target 50 out of 100 times total. they have you shoot in many differnt ways also. then after you pass the calss and recieve you certificates saying that the instructer is NRA certified and the one that says you passed the class you have to fill out a application at you local sherrifs station. you got to submit passport photos on it and copies of the certificates you got in the calss. on the application you also have to list every place that you have lived since you were 18 years of age and so on. if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:35 PM
peppy
Postmaster
Grandmother-n-laws blood type mixed with neighbors blood type, plus two parts your blood type. The avg is the correct answer?

I never though Ohio would pass a concealed carry law. I'm pleasantly suprised.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:22 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i was surprised as well to see them do it. we have been trying to get it passed for a long time and finally it did. i hope alot of people take advantage of it.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There was talk here at work about how was going to get this. I have friend that carry ANYWAY. This would make them legal now.

Not sure if I would carry, even though I would like to have the license to do so. I have a couple rifles and one antique 6 shooter(1872). I don't think that would pass...since it's quite large. Not too easy to conceal.

Ya, alot more signs posted around about carrying. We have them here at work. Most businesses have them now. They don't want anyone going "postal" on them I guess.

Old 08-20-2004, 03:48 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
alot of stores took them down from around here cause people we robbing stores that had the do not carry signs posted.

Old 08-24-2004, 08:37 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My father has his ccw license and carries it sometimes but there are still way too many restrictions in the law. But at least they got it passed that was the first step in the right direction. The large cities and even the small town I live are banning in their city parks which totally defeats the purpose they say they are doing for the safety for people but what all these politicians see is "GUNS" if they sit back and think that anybody that has done thep proper way and gotten the license are stand up citizens they are not criminals out to cause trouble. The people they should worry about are the criminals and people who cant pass a background checks that carry anyway. The law says it clearly "conceal carry" if you do it right no one will ever know you or I are carrying a gun and thats the way it should be. I watched the Toledo news when they passed the law and they had reporters out on the street with a man legally carrying his concealed weapon. The reporter would stop people and ask if they saw anything different about the man and everyone said no he looked normal. Then the reporter said " what if I told you that man is legally carrying a concealed gun" and of course the only response they showed was all the people were afraid of him now. It just goes to show that us avid gunowners, collectors, hunters, etc. are becoming more and more outnumbered by all these people with the fear of guns when there is nothing at all to be "scared" about. When it is not us the law abiding citizens causing the fear into people its the criminals, negeligent parents who leave there guns for there children to play with and others that give these anti gun and hunters groups a leg to stand on when they dont its in the constituition the right to bear arms if they dont like it they start their own country somewhere else and just leave us alone cause I am sick and tired of hearing there complaints. Holy Crap where's the Tylenol!!!!!!

Thank You

Old 08-24-2004, 09:17 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ncl, you made some very interesting and good points about the public in general........if more people would take the time to find out why CCW's are a good thing and a benifit , they would be in favor of it, rather than afraid of it ....

Old 08-24-2004, 10:03 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
thats what they need to do. people need to be educated on these things. some people just hear the word gun and freak out. the law does have alot of restrictions right now but its just soemthing thats got to be worked out in the law. my instructors that gave me my class time said that alot of things in the law are going to change its just so new it needs time.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:55 AM
thespankguy
New User
MrOldV8, you might want to go to a gun club or similar shooting place (i dont know where you live, but new albany has a nice indoor range, it's near columbus) and shoot a few guns first to see what kind you would want to get. i'm not sure what all the restrictions are on what you're allowed to carry, but a .44 magnum wouldn't be right for a beginner. i love shotting a .38 special and most can be easily concealed. i bet a lot of people are going for the 9mm option, but whatever floats their boat

Old 08-25-2004, 03:57 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
ohio's law says that whatever gun you take the gun class with is NOT the one you have to carry on you all the time. also you can carry as many guns on you as you can conceal.

so being that you do not have to carry the gun you took your class with some people are using a .22 to take the calss. my self i took the class with a 9mm and i will prolly carry the 9mm till i get something else.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:37 PM
peppy
Postmaster
Spent alot of time here when I lived in Cincy. People always seemed nice, and dont put up with people screwing around. http://www.targetworld.net/index.asp

Quick Reply: State of Ohio conceal carry law..........