monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool our own little area, Thanks ken

Old 07-26-2004, 02:53 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, everyone, it's time to join, Taz, you're already in.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:39 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by fellro86
Ok, everyone, it's time to join, Taz, you're already in.
Ok how do I join up fellro

Old 07-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to your User Control Panel (User CP) and go down the menu listings on the left hand side until you find where it says "Chapter memberships" or something of the like. Then just click on that...and go through the list and find the Iowa chapter and click that you would like to be a member. Then, as soon as Roger accepts, you're a member of the Iowa chapter. Took me a couple seconds to remember how I had joined the High Plains in the first place!

Nice ^_^

Old 07-26-2004, 06:32 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Ok how do I join up fellro
Click on the join button under the Iowa forum button.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:05 PM
nogo73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just back from the twin cities .......... I can't believe my eyes thanks Ken , and everybody else. Van Wyk just had 53' reefers. Crete accepted my application(The toughest one I have been through) and I going down to there Des Moines terminal wednesday. I going to go talk to zephr and gray tomorrow.
So far It seems like everybodies accepting me And I puzzled about who to go and work for I thinking Crete is at the top of my list.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:59 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard alot of good things about both (creete and zypher) and some bad, but you got to take it with a grain of salt.... Good luck nogo and make sure you read the fine print in the contract b4 you sign

Dont be afraid to ask the drivers you see in the yard and in the pickle parks..

some good questions..

How are ___ with getting the drivers home?
How well and often they do the pm's?
What are the LO policies?
How much/often is there deadhead miles? paid?

Ask these and similar questions to DRIVERS not the suits

Old 07-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is that what you guys were talking about at the meeting? Alot goes out of Iowa, but not alot comes back in, so its hard to make it home sometimes? Cause..you dont' really want to drive all the way back unloaded, because you're just wasting, right? Just curious.

My grandpa used to work for some rock place around Ames...drove back and forth from point a to point b several times a day. Lol we even passed him a few times here and there. Don't mind me.. =P

Old 07-27-2004, 03:00 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

naw saurian, I was talking about stepdeck freight, it's a commen problem with trucking companies that like to keep their drivers out for long stretches of time, even to the point of sending a driver off in another direction other than home area to keep you out even when they have a load going right by your house. The reason for that is if the truck is sitting at your house or the yard for 2 or 3 days then it isn't making them money, an example of that is a friend of mine drives for schnieder and they make him stay out 3 weeks to get 3 days at home, and I ran into a JBhunt driver that hadn't been home in 6mons (although he was single so he didn't care). In my case I was an owner op, and didn't want the long dead head without pay, and could not find stepdeck freight back to Iowa so ended up staying out 4-6wks.
Nogo have you tried heartland express, I hear thier drivers get home every week, and the pay isn't supposed ot be to bad. There are several others in the CR and Iowa City area not that location of the company makes any difference, The company I drive for is out of Anderson IN. and I am home everyday

Old 07-27-2004, 03:12 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
There's West side, CRST, GSTC at Walford, Hummer down to Oxford, and another brother just south of where we met for the meeting, and numerous others.Out to Fort Dodge is 2 more. Simon and Decker, I think, There are plenty available, just hang in there.Might even want to talk to some locals like farm equipment dealers. If you would be interested, with you CDL, you can get the better paying runs out of Forest City delivering campers. You get to be the first to run brand new Winnebagos!!! You can even choose how hard or not you run for them. My dad did it for a while, but he had too many incidents, so they won't give him work anymore. He just didn't think about the tail swing or the fact he would get in tight areas and couldn't get out. After several damaged rigs, they had enough.
I could even see if the father in law can ask about jobs out of Fort Madison, who he runs for.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Iowa congrats on your new chapter Glad to see more and more people coming into the site. It's good for all of us and FTE.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Thanks, I hope we can get the kind of response you have had over your way.It's looking good so far, just need to get them in here and getting to know each other.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:08 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by fellro86
Thanks, I hope we can get the kind of response you have had over your way.It's looking good so far, just need to get them in here and getting to know each other.
Thats the easiest way to ge it going. We started with a few G2G's that brought in a few people then everyone was posting what fun they had and the rest is history as you can see. It takes a while to get a good strong chapter but it will happen in time. I've been in your area and there are a lot of good people there and that makes it a whole lot easier. Good Luck and yell if you need anything.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:43 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Congrats on the long awaited hangout!
All the best..........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Woooo Hooooo