Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

The logo and the bumper sticker designs are COMPLETED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The logo and the bumper sticker designs are COMPLETED!

After I get home tonight, I will email the finished copies of the logo/shirt design and the bumper sticker to matt to attach here. I am really pleased with the way they cleaned up and turned out and I hope everyone is as excited as I am.

I have asked my friend to give me an estimate on the bumper stickers cost to me. I am asking for 20 to begin with and since they are made in a sign making process, I will have to assemble the stickers before mailing any out. They are made of vynil and each part of the design has to be put in place to complete them. The logo/tee shirt logo will be posted and you can print it out yourself onto a tee shirt transfer and iron it on your own choice of shirt. I asked for two sizes. One that can be placed on and above a pocket tee and one for the back of a shirt.

I will also be forwarding the pics of both to our fabulous webmaster for his final approval, because I believe I may have to do that. So keep an eye on the forum tonight!

Ehawwwww!

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 07-23-2004 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talking

OK I lied.....

I have to take the floppy back and have him reformat a tad more. I did print out a shirt though, just for practice and it needs to be enlarged just a tad more for a perfect legible 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of transfer paper. I sent a coupld pics off to matt to post here. They gonna look fine with a tad more bigness added to em.

The bumper sticker itself would make a good tee shirt!
Check out my album..I posted two pics there. I'll delete them in a day or so after a couple have checked them out...or when matt posts the ones I sent him here.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 07-23-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, I can see there's a lot of interest being generated in here on this subject! I sent Matt another email asking him to not post the pics yet. Tomorrow I pick up the final version on a couple CD roms. The last pics he gave me on Floppy, I lost, because the floppy suddenly stopped working. And a few adjustments later, I hope this is gonna be something ya all will wear until we can get enough members to do a screen printing instead.

The size of the pictures should be OK for an iron on transfer without being too hot to wear in summer and still have the web address readable. It's sure been a long drawn out process trying to get a version likeable by everyone, so I hope this final version works for all o ya! It's a beginning anyway...and like all things, can be improved upon farther down the road.

Later,
Dick

Old 07-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I went and picked up the CD rom with the logo and bumper sticker.... and he saved them so big that they locked my puter up by eating all the RAM. He's going to resize them....again.... and email them to me. Hopefully before anyone even FINDS and reads this thread, I'll have accomplished something. This is getting frustrating.

As for tee shirts... I am going to submit that when they are finally posted and ready to go... you can print either picture and use it for tee shirts. They both are simplified enough..although not as fancy as some of the other logos...that we may even be able to afford screen printing since there are essentially only two colors to do now, rather than the umpty-eleven I started with that would have cost a mint to screen.

Well..guess I'll leave this thread alone for a while and see if anyone is alert enough to read all my current babblings.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Please send it to me as well Dick

Old 07-25-2004, 09:32 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so when do we actually get to see the pics??? lol...just kiddin...and yes, i did find this thread...obviously...

Michael

Old 07-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

As stated above, I am still awaiting the resizing of the pictures. He made them so large it ate my RAM and all of my virtual memory trying to open and print the dang things.

Dennis, I'd send what I have to you, but I'm afraid it would take two months to pass through my dial up with the size he made. As soon as I get something my puter and dial up will handle, I'll make sure everyone gets a view. I thought he might have them resized by now, but he may wait until he is not working on one of his money making projects ( signs ) before he gets back on the logo.

Old 07-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
okely dokely...

I like the pictures as they are!

I really want a bumper sticker more than anything....

I'd actually like three of them... I will buy any extras that aren't sold.....

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

You snuck in on me with those pictures whilst I was emailing Dennis!

Let me explain the differences between what you see there and what is to be.

I had Mike make the horseman smaller and the FTE logo larger so the web address would be more legible. The background for each of the pictures is actually pure white...I did a quick printing, just for practice and to see what was what...by taking a picture of the computer screen and printed it, hence the blue coloration. The work Mike is finishing up is to make it so that the images can be posted here and anyone can save the image to their computer and print it out. Either image, as far as I'm concerned can be used on a tee shirt as well as a bumper sticker.

Truth be told...I kinda like the bumper sticker one as the official logo more than the one I spent so much time on. I think it would make the shirt look more efficient also. But.... I still like them both and I think we should keep them both if FTE admin approve them as submitted...when I get them back for one (hopefully) last time and can actually get them sent to Dennis.

By simplifying the images, I think we only have three colors to work with now. Red, Ford Dark Blue and Black. A screen printing may be more feasable and less costly. I asked Dennis about what FTE's plans are for the logos etc, so I hope to know more soon and I will pass on any info I can.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:41 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they look good...quick question...how do we get them from the computer to the shirt and/or bumper sticker? i can chat all day long on a computer, but when you give me something technical to do...ya might as well give it to a friggin worm...cuz that's about how fast it'll end up done...

Michael

Old 07-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

We accept worm work.

Otherwise I can print one out for you. You just get me the tee shirt, let me know which design you want and presto chango.

Gimme a bit of time yet before anyone prints anything...I think I gotta get the final designs approved by admin. Besides, what you have seen so far is just my experimenting with the near final design. When Mike getsme the correct size made, one I can print directly from the computer to the printer without having to mess with sizes, we will be ready to go. At that time I will post complete printing instructions for light and dark colored shirts. There are two different methods used.
Until then....toodles.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Dick I just want a bumper sticker for now...

I'm pretty sure that Ken is going to have a company take over all the Tshirts for chapters... so it will be easier on us...

Old 07-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

That would be totally outstanding. In the mean time I got a quote on some bumper sticker costs. These stickers have the color cooked right into them so they don't fade out like the older ones did.

For three color stickers:
50 @ $1.64 each ($82)
100 @ $1.54 each ($154.00 duh)
250 @ $1.44 each ($360) and we definitely ain't going there yet!
As soon as I get whatever approval I need, I will make an order for 50 to start with. Then, the cost of each plus postage will get ya each one or three. Unless FTE wants to take that in hand also...I did see it someplace where FTE may hold the rights to the logos etc.

For all I know...we may end up being the High Plains Chapter rather than the Drifters.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Ken is the site owner... he owns all the logos... he did give permission for the chapters to use it, with his final approval on its use.

Old 07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, I guess I urked the guy who is...or was...making the final size changes to the logo. It's too bad that people who work with and for you cannot take directions or instructions without having to argue about everything. So..we shall see if he gets over his mad and sends me a final draft. If not...then I start over with what I have and see what we come up with.

Quick Reply: The logo and the bumper sticker designs are COMPLETED!