Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Lets get together guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:57 PM
fordtruckfan90
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get together guys!!!

hey guys i knew we had talked about gettin together, well summer is going by fast and we need to do something about it! Whether it be muddin, campin, workin on the rides, whatever, lets see what people can do with what hours are availabe and go from there!!!

Old 06-25-2004, 02:18 PM
funkoptimus
Senior User
Hey I am game. My wife and I are newbies and I could use some pointers and just to catch on to some tricks and learn some lingo.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:47 PM
snowboarderdbu
New User
Get Together

Hey guys I'm new. I just wanted to say hi and was wondering if there was ever any get togethers?

Old 07-15-2004, 03:43 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
i think if there are any guys in the cities here, porkies on university in one of the lots near there could be overrun with ford trucks and guys b/s n about them on saturday nights. that could be fun. i think me n fordtruckfan already b/s'd about that once briefly. we could take over arbys on fairview or the mervyns parking lot. it could be the start of something beautiful. lol... university sure provides good atmosphere as long as the cops see us behaving.

Last edited by innecity4wheelin; 07-15-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:41 PM
the real Broncoholic
Senior User
ya! I need to go on another wheelin trip its been awhile (2 months).
See how many people we can get together, and I might host?

Old 07-16-2004, 07:48 AM
funkoptimus
Senior User
Originally Posted by innecity4wheelin
i think if there are any guys in the cities here, porkies on university in one of the lots near there could be overrun with ford trucks and guys b/s n about them on saturday nights. that could be fun. i think me n fordtruckfan already b/s'd about that once briefly. we could take over arbys on fairview or the mervyns parking lot. it could be the start of something beautiful. lol... university sure provides good atmosphere as long as the cops see us behaving.
I was in the Cities when they had the 50's car show. Porkies was full of classic metal. We couldnt find a place to park anywhere. Maybe we could plan a little something. It is only a 65-70 minute drive from Rochester.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:09 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
that is also the busiest weekend for porkies b/c everyone is in town, on any other night there is lots of parking, on back to the 50's weekend it takes you a hour to get through using snelling or university. but its not no where near that crazy any other night. it has been known to get busy on the right night, but not like back to the 50's. i just figured university has atmosphere that is already there for standin around b/s'n about cars n trucks n such. and gives us somethin to do. everyones welcome, bring your own cooler, innecity tailgatin... lol...
we just got to explore a good spot/lot to takeover, i know griggs midway on fairview tends to be small n packed already, and wendys is already taken, but you want to be close to the porkies action to see cruzers goin by. n not to mention the cop'pers and goodwill and development dont make us feel very welcome with the parkin situation.
a situation like porkys that brings people together to do what motorheads have been doing since the first jalopy or high school ride should be a good thing, they responded with a quiet night at capital cruzers on kellog, its fun but limited to the 64 cars n older crowd, too much complaining n tire spinning i bet is what ruined it. you would think a simple gathering spot like that could be expanded, embraced and comercialized better and a solution could be found that would let us have our fun as well as not misbehave too bad. honestly i dont know too much about the situation though so hopefully i am not confused or ****in in anyones flowers..
this weekend should be good too, its the car craft summer cruz at the fairgrounds.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:16 AM
snowboarderdbu
New User
I am in Duluth but I would definatley be up for that sounds like a good time