Hi Ohio...Noob here...sorta

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:46 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Hi Ohio...Noob here...sorta

Hi Ohio chapter.
I've been posting here for some time, but CowLady from the New York chapter convinced me to join.

I host a Saturday Cruise Night in Milford (read about it above), and would like to have some of you Cincy-area guys cruise on in. There's few things I'd like better than to have a bunch of cool Ford trucks here. If you show up, I'll be wearing a button that says "Event Official". Introduce yourself and enjoy the evening. We have a number of restuarants here...Red Robin, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, Mio's Pizza, etc. So you won't go hungry.
As I mentioned above...I'm looking for a car or truck club to help me with these cruise nights. I'm doing this by myself, and it sure could be more interesting if a club got involved. We could do a split-the-pot, have creeper races...you know, that sort of thing.
I work six days a week running my picture framing shop here in the shopping center, so it would be very difficult for me to participate in many local club activities. This is one reason I'd like to see some of you show-up for the cruise nights. If I can't participate in other events because of my schedule, at least I can offer you a place to go on Saturday evenings.
Look forward to meeting some of you.

Bill Schultz

Old 06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you for joining us.
and we sure can use your help and in return well help you
be sure to get in touch with Nick ieeckedoutF150 and Stan ie: Stanstruck,
they are both very good guy's to get to know in the cincy area.
and thanks for the info on the milford event.

Ray

Old 06-08-2004, 09:52 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
I've been meaning to ask.
IS there a certain make/type of car/truck that you are trying to get to the Cruise Night? Are you just looking for Hot Rods? On top of being a part of the FTE, I'm also a part of a club of AWD Jap cars and Also the Cincy SCCA Region Rally Chairman. Just basicly wanted to know if I can bring my Performance Rally car out? It's an 86 Dodge Omni GLH turbo. It looks hidious for now but I just got it to run and stop resently. A new roll cage is in the works but that will take sometime. It's getting harder to work outside, the older I get.

Welcome to the O.C.
Eric Adams

Old 06-08-2004, 10:11 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i happen to be affiliated with a car club called 4 play customs. we just got the club together over the winter and spring. a guy in the club has connections with rick spade of spade kreations and he might be able to get hime to come to the even. most likly if he comes he will bring his excursion. i have been doing some bussiness with boitnotts latly and will tlak to him and see if i can get some flyers in there about it.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:34 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by phatcracker
I've been meaning to ask.
IS there a certain make/type of car/truck that you are trying to get to the Cruise Night? Are you just looking for Hot Rods? On top of being a part of the FTE, I'm also a part of a club of AWD Jap cars and Also the Cincy SCCA Region Rally Chairman. Just basicly wanted to know if I can bring my Performance Rally car out? It's an 86 Dodge Omni GLH turbo. It looks hidious for now but I just got it to run and stop resently. A new roll cage is in the works but that will take sometime. It's getting harder to work outside, the older I get.

Welcome to the O.C.
Eric Adams
Eric,
A rally car would be cool to have on Saturdays. All kinds of vehicles have shown-up, including; street rods, rat rods, tubbed pro-street cars, restored stockers, old trucks...you name it. One thing I want to discourage is tuner-Japanese cars. A few have come, but the drivers don't seem to mingle well, and most car-guys don't like em anyway...myself included. The big-winged big-stereoed ricers can go somewhere else. Of all the people we've had attend, the rice boys are the only ones that I'd have to tell to turn their stereos off. I'm paying a DJ $150 to play music. Plus they seem to be the ones that speed out of the lot. None of this is necessary. If they come, I let them attend, but they're the only ones that I've had trouble with.
Bring your car, I'd love to see it.

Bill Schultz

Old 06-09-2004, 08:40 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Question

Originally Posted by DeckedoutF150
i happen to be affiliated with a car club called 4 play customs. we just got the club together over the winter and spring. a guy in the club has connections with rick spade of spade kreations and he might be able to get hime to come to the even. most likly if he comes he will bring his excursion. i have been doing some bussiness with boitnotts latly and will tlak to him and see if i can get some flyers in there about it.
I just moved to the area three years ago from Chicago, so I don't know who or what spade kreations and boitnotts are. Use your best judgement. If they are the kind of vehicles/people you feel ought to be at a cruise night, bring em on. Tell me...are these off-road truck guys? I don't have a clue.

Bill

Old 06-09-2004, 08:56 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Smile

Originally Posted by f=2504by497
Thank you for joining us.
and we sure can use your help and in return well help you
be sure to get in touch with Nick ieeckedoutF150 and Stan ie: Stanstruck,
they are both very good guy's to get to know in the cincy area.
and thanks for the info on the milford event.

Ray

Thanks for the welcome.
If these guys show up on Saturday, I look forward to meeting them. I'll be the guy walking around with a button on my shirt that says "Event Official". I had the button left over from a parade that my wife organized years ago, and figured why not wear the thing, so that if people had any questions maybe I could help them.

MR

Old 06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Originally Posted by MrOldV8
Eric,
A rally car would be cool to have on Saturdays. All kinds of vehicles have shown-up, including; street rods, rat rods, tubbed pro-street cars, restored stockers, old trucks...you name it. One thing I want to discourage is tuner-Japanese cars. A few have come, but the drivers don't seem to mingle well, and most car-guys don't like em anyway...myself included. The big-winged big-stereoed ricers can go somewhere else. Of all the people we've had attend, the rice boys are the only ones that I'd have to tell to turn their stereos off. I'm paying a DJ $150 to play music. Plus they seem to be the ones that speed out of the lot. None of this is necessary. If they come, I let them attend, but they're the only ones that I've had trouble with.
Bring your car, I'd love to see it.

Bill Schultz
I won't be able to make it this saturday. I still haven't driven it on the street yet. I'm a bit afraid of the welded differential in this front wheel drive car. As soon as I get the Rally lights working(total rewiring needed), it will be either a crowd pleaser or a crowd blinder. It has two sets of 8 inch lights fixed in front of the grill. The cornering lights have 120 watt bulbs and the driving lights are high/low beams with 110w/low and 130w/high. You DO NOT want to stand in front of my Omni when I turn on all the lights. It just plain hurts.

I have to agree that the most tuner cars are a pain in the a**. The guys I hang with in the Subaru Impreza club don't spend there money on strereos, wings, fart cans or any of those types of things but they are kind of fickle, so you may never see them there. Just a bunch of computer nerds that have the same kind of car.

If I don't drive the Omni out I'll just bring my white 96 F350 4x4 crewcab dually big block gas.

Eric

Old 06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MrOldV8
I just moved to the area three years ago from Chicago, so I don't know who or what spade kreations and boitnotts are. Use your best judgement. If they are the kind of vehicles/people you feel ought to be at a cruise night, bring em on. Tell me...are these off-road truck guys? I don't have a clue.

Bill
ok i talked to the guys at the car club and they are cool with getting involved with you show. boitnotts and spades will do anything custom that you might want done. from 4x4 to sport trucks and cars, old and new. give me some directions on how to find the show and a way to find you there so that we can talk. also leave me some directions so we can find the place on saturday night.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:55 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DeckedoutF150
ok i talked to the guys at the car club and they are cool with getting involved with you show. boitnotts and spades will do anything custom that you might want done. from 4x4 to sport trucks and cars, old and new. give me some directions on how to find the show and a way to find you there so that we can talk. also leave me some directions so we can find the place on saturday night.

Great! I assume you know where Milford is? The Rivers Edge shopping center is right next to Interstate 275 at exit 59A (Milford Parkway). Just inside the ring you'll see a big Dodge dealer, a Cineplex and a Cracker Barrel from the highway. Take the Milford Parkway exit to the first stop light...You'll see the cruise vehicles on your right, behind some new construction before you get to the light. At the light there's a UDF on your left and a Red Robin restuarant on your right. Turn right at the light. Now you're on Rivers Edge Drive. There's a big Target store on your left. We'll be in the lot across from the Target...On your right, near Mio's Pizza. It's really simple to find.
There's a small strip of shops with the Mio's at one end, and Buffalo Wild Wings at the other. My shop, 'The Great Frame Up' is in the middle. I'll be in and out of the shop from 5 til 8, setting-up and circulating, and totally outside from 8:00-on. The cruise runs from 6 til 10 but people usually start showing-up earlier. We only do 50 goodie-bags, and some people have learned that once they're gone...they're gone. My van will be parked near the DJ...I'm not hard to find.
Look forward to seeing you there.

Bill

Old 06-10-2004, 08:58 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
cool, i am lookin fwrd to being there. i should be able to make it there by 6. i will have to leave to there right after my concel carry class is over. i talked to the guys in the club and they are going to be there as well.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:59 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
Lets hope it doesn't rain...We've been rained out twice. What kind of club are your buddies in? Name? Type of cars/trucks?

MR

Old 06-11-2004, 04:13 AM
peppy
Postmaster
Is this carshow thing just this coming Saturday, or an every Saturday kinda thing? I'll be in Clermont and Hamilton Counties Mid to late July.
Cant wait to get to the Skyline on Lila Ave. Penn Station on Beechmont Ave. Gettin hungry just thinking about it. Chicago Gyros of Taft. Graeters..........okay...I'm drooling.
Oh yea....the car show.

Old 06-11-2004, 06:04 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
peppy...
The cruise night(s) is every Saturday through September, 6 to 10 pm. There's a GoldStar in the shopping center, but if you go there for chili...see me first. The manager is one of the only businesses that hasn't kicked-in for the DJ expenses. I want anybody from the cruise that goes there to be sure and tell the manager that its the cruise night that brought them in. Maybe that'll jiggle his wallet a little so they don't free-load. Graeters is really good ice cream..After all, its Opra's favorite, and that woman knows her ice cream. However, we have a Marble Slab Ice Creamery at Rivers Edge, and many people think they're better. You be the judge.
Hope to see you here in July.

MR

Old 06-11-2004, 06:25 AM
peppy
Postmaster
Awesome, I'll be there. I'll post the exact Saturday, odds are it'll be the 17th of July. I've eaten at that Gold Star actually. Marble Slab isnt bad....but only Greaters has the WEBN Sunday. I get it with Coffee and Mocha icecreams. Man, thats been a long long time.

Ever see a guy there driving a red '71 Pontiac Ventura II with a black vinyl top?

Quick Reply: Hi Ohio...Noob here...sorta