New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Joining the NY Chapter - how & why!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Joining the NY Chapter - how & why!

Okay - we need to be sure we've all joined this Chapter. It's free & easy to do - just click "Join Chapter" under the NY Chapter Forum on the main forums list.
It will ask why you want to join - whatever reason you have is fine! Some Chapters do not ask this but some do & we're 1 who does. I don't know why this is set up this way - some Chapters prefer not to have anyone/everyone join if they are not in that state/area. Since I'm not being deluged with join requests YET I'll leave it as a selective process & if I need to I guess I can ask Ken to change it to open membership. I check several times a day to see if I have any requests so I'll "accept" you as soon as I get your request.
To those who have joined - THANKS! By joining you will be listed in the Chapter Members list!
FWIW - I did a search of all SITE members living in NYS - there are 73 PAGES of names! So - where are they? Why aren't they here? Why haven't they joined?
I'm asking you to PLEASE watch for members from NY who are posting in other forums. I imagine many don't know there is a state Chapter - they get sidetracked going down the forums list when they see all the other interesting, pertinent posts along the way! If you see someone email me w/their ID so I can contact them to invite them to join ok? We have a large state with a LOT of members who aren't being represented here! We need to get their attention & interest! We need to boost Chapter interest & friendships! I try to watch for these people but I'm not able to be in every forum everyday! I need YOUR help!
Thanks guys & gals!

Old 06-06-2004, 09:06 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Update

When we started we had 13 registered members here. I'm happy to announce we're up to 21. That's a good start but we need to step up efforts to recruit site members from NY to register here.
Any suggestions? I'm counting on you folks! PLEASE help me with this!