New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Recs for Boston-area engine/genl repair?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Mikester61
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recs for Boston-area engine/genl repair?

I'm thinking seriously about buying an E250 with a 5.8L engine that needs repair and would like your recommendation for a good/honest/fair-price dealer or repair shop in the Boston area that I could have it towed to for repair if I buy it. It would be a sight-unseen buy (which is scary enough), and finding a place up there that would do a good job repairing any probs that exist with the engine and anything else that comes up without taking me to the cleaners would save me from having to have it towed down to Hotlanta for repair...

Thanks, Mike

Old 05-29-2004, 12:11 AM
fords8
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying something off Ebay or something?

Old 05-30-2004, 09:50 PM
rhodie
Senior User
Where is the van? Is it running? I once bought a truck without taking it for a ride--it turned over but exhaust was not hooked up beyond the headers--and will never repeat it. What kind of deal are you getting? It could have innumerable problems that they don't tell you about, and it wouldn't be easy getting your money back....

Old 05-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Mikester61
New User
I've bought a number of vehicles like this and I understand the risks...thanks. I ended up purchasing another somewhere else so I no longer need a Boston area shop's help.