Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Howdy 'Ohia'

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 12:55 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Howdy 'Ohia'

I drop in and read your mail from time to time, and thot I ought to take time to say howdy from Montana. Actually, I'm a transplanted buckeye - I was born and raised in Columbiana county. As a kid we moved around a bit. Also lived in Youngstown, and then in Powell (Columbus suburb now)

As an adult I spent about 10 years in Baltic, Holmes/Tuscarawas county line. Bought my first new Ford pickup in New Philadelphia in 1977 and have had Ford pu's ever since. My gallery has most of the current lineup.

Moved to Indiana in '84 - boy is it flat over there!

Then to Montana in '94 and God willing they can scatter my ashes here some day. I bought a typical beat up '48 ranch pickup in '99 and did a frame up rebuild. Then drove it back to OH for my parent's 50th Anniversary in 2001. That was a memorable trip in lots of ways.

I do have to chuckle once in awhile when you guys talk about how far it is across the state. Montana is almost 600 miles east to west (12 hours) and on several occasions we've traveled 250 miles to watch one of our kids play in a highschool ball game, then turned around and drove home the same day.

If any of you get out this way be sure to say hi! I'm in the nw corner of the state, just west of Glacier Nat'l Park.

Old 05-28-2004, 03:34 AM
j wright
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy, Glad you didn't forget your roots..........Been thru Mt a few times was offered a job there once, and I agree it is one of the most beautiful states winters are a little rougher but hey we all pay a price for where ever we live. keep in touch.. How is the parts selection on older Fords (like '40 Pick-ups?)
John

Last edited by j wright; 05-28-2004 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey.
I'm never complaining about a 40 mile drive to watch my kids play sports again!!
I hope to get out west one of these days and see just how big a state can get...
Glad you still think of us over here!

Stan