Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Attention Mr. President.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Attention Mr. President.

Ok dick, now that I have your attention. We as fellow High Plains Drifters would like to thank you for all the work you have done designing a logo. We all know that you have spent many hours on this. We really appreciate it.

Ok enough of the

These will be the last two revisions, and the final vote.

Attached Images   
Old 05-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks matt. I made one last post in the other logo thread and now consider it dead.
I am gonna take a break now...( yeah right)... I urge everyone to pick a design and we can get going on some tee shirts etc.

We need to get more members. Please tell your friends in your hometown about the best danged Ford Truck Site on the net. The object here in the Drifters is to have fun, meet good Ford people, share stories and gain some good friends in the process, hopefully. We are a very young chapter and have one heck of a long way to go to begin to catch up with the accomplishments of the other chapters.

This design will be considered the "initial design" for the Chapter. As time progresses and the Chapter grows, new designs can be brought forth. I don't see the need to hurry in redesigning things. I think we have gotten off to a bang up start.

Thanks again, all of you, for your patience.

Old 05-29-2004, 08:03 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it appears to me that seven and eight are basically the same, aside from a couple differences in size and color variation...either one works for me...

Michael

Old 05-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

There are differences in color..especially when printed out. BUT!!!......

I'm not sure if this color variation, that seemed to work for most...is going to work at all. Screen printing may not be able to get as smooth of color transitions and.....after enlarging the image I made and printing it out, it is VERY blurry and will require work from the printer to sharpen the imagery and the lettering. Blending colors with a computer program looks all fine and good on the screen, but when printed out, all the little nasties show up. So, with that said.. we may have to go to the original image of the rider and have the screen printer work with the colors so that they aren't too bright...as the original image is. ( Actually, I printed out a smaller version of the original, before I added the lettering, and I think it looks pretty good without trying to make it lighter colored.) In any case, I will talk with a couple printers and see what they might be able to do with the image as it is. They do have to cut a screen image, so the edges can be sharpened that way. Oh, the other difference in the images is the lettering. If you look at the first images I submitted, people seemed to want a non-fancy lettering. So I changed to a straight up and down or an italic lettering, to simplify. All in all, the more changes I had to make to the original image, the blurrier it became. I'm about to be at the "back to the drawing board" stage.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:39 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
basically we're going for a silhouette of a rider on horseback on a horizon with a sunset behind him, and High Plains Drifters around the rider, correct? i may have a friend or two that are fairly decent artists...if i can get ahold of them, mebbe they can come up with something for us on paper...

Michael

Old 05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

If you come up with something, email me and I will send you my cell phone number. I'll come have a look at it. I think that a good screen printer could take the original that I have printed and sharpen it up nicely, but I haven't found the time to go check it out yet. The image we are working with seems to be the most wanted of all I submitted, so working along those lines is the best route. Thanks for your help.
I still haven't heard what Matt has found out yet. He was going to check on the same things down in the Billings area. Yo Matt?

Old 06-04-2004, 10:13 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
I like #7. A little easier to see for some reason. I think it's because the letters are straight across.