Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

FTE information

Old 05-25-2004, 12:55 AM
shrike
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTE information

I 've been thinking about joining, I live in So. Ga, who runs the chapter? is there just 1 or do you have by districts how does this work, I'm new at this. ya'll have a jam up site here. shrike

Old 05-28-2004, 10:55 AM
FordF-350woman
Senior User
Talking

Welcome to the board Shrike!!!!! I'm surprised no one has answered you. We have state chapters here. We don't have a chapter leader yet but we are looking for one. If you are not too far away maybe you could come to our "Ford-stock" June 5th at Hard Labor Creek Park. You can read about it in the "Meet and Greet" thread that I started. It sounds like a lot of fun. Again Welcome to the board!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 08:40 PM
johnnieboy49
New User
hello Shrike, I'M a new member,so they won't let me email you. I read on one of the forums, about windshields. I'm trying to replace a windshield in my 67 ford p/u and I have a new windshield, new rubber, exiting trim. I've gotten the rubber on but how do I install the trim? I tried soapy water just can't get trim in. If you have any ideas PLEASE let me know. thank you much. sorry I interpupted your forum but didn't know of any other way of getting ahold of you. johnnieboy49

Old 06-07-2004, 07:46 PM
shrike
Senior User
I hate to break this to you but, the trim needed to be installed before you put the windshield back in, I don't think I can talk you through this one, you may have to go to a glass shop and have them install it for you, unless you are willing to take the windshield back out, it can be done with the windshield in but it's a pain in the backside. if you opt to take the windshield out, use plenty of WD 40, it works great, you want to get everything as slippery as possible, start in one of the upper corners, roll as much of the gasket back as possible, going accross the top and down the side, get a buddy to help, when the gasket clears the pinchweld, ( thats the flange that the gasket holds on to) with gentle and even pressure puse outwards, you just need to get the corner out a bit, once this happens go accross the top until you get to the other corner, it should be smooth sailing after you get to the other corner, one thing you have to remember when working with glass, constant even pressure is a must, glass will take a lot of pressure but, it has to be evenly distributed, if you put alot of pressure on any of the corners you will break the glass, the age of the glass has to be factored into the equation, the older the glass the weaker it will be and vice versa, and if this is the origanal glass in your 67, well can you say brittle, anyway use as much WD40 as you can, it won't hurt the rubber, and have someone on the other side helping cause once this thing starts to come out it's gonna come out fast, and I've seen guys push windshields that went accross the hood and on to the ground, so be careful, while your taking it out it's going to be a heart pounding few minutes, but you can do it, I wish there was someway I could get a hold of you to talk you through this, you can't email me but I can email you, I just sent you an email. I wondering why this wasn't sent to another forum, oh well, later shrike

Search this Thread