Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:17 PM
biggieou
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum????

I was wondering if we could set up a forum for buyer/seller feedback? I'm a member of a Buick site(my dads car) and they have that on there. I think its a really nice idea, because then people know who they are dealing with, wheter it be on FTE or when theyve bought parts off of people using ebay. I understand there is a forum sort of like this, but I know its a little different. I didnt know where to post this, so I figured here and if there was support in the Ohio chapter, maybe Ray could propose it to Ken or the powers that be? Just a thought.

-Josh

Old 05-10-2004, 06:27 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmmm could you post a link to the site so that i could get a look at what your proposing?

Old 05-10-2004, 06:33 PM
biggieou
Elder User
http://www.v8buick.com/ is the actual site. This is the forum I'm talking about http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=71 Even though its a Buick site, I've talked to alot of really nice people. Buick guys are pretty cool, they hate Chevy as much as we do!!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 07:07 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
i'll run this by torque 1st. but be forwarned that they are not in favor of negetive feedback type of forum, ive read some of the response's to other members with similar type questions. to me,it looks pretty good the way they handle the whole buying and selling process.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:24 PM
biggieou
Elder User
Yea I mean negative feedback isnt good, but so is not getting something you payed for.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:45 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
sorry about , i had to leave, but i like how they do selling of parts, between eack other, the format looks and its simple, maybe we could work on something like that in O.C.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:30 PM
biggieou
Elder User
Yea I love the way they trade on there, its really really nice. Plus it gives more of a group feel, or maybe its just me. But I like how they have a "Pay it forward" section, where you sell products below their value or give them away to help out other members, its really nice. I think everyone from OC should at least check it out and see if we would want to start something like that.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:41 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
I'm still suprized that this website doesn't have a classified forum(s). All the other sites(different types of vehicles) do. Some are more civil than others but most are just to help out a fellow members. Actually I have bought many things from the other forum sites, all with good experiences and the price was always below market value. That Buick site sure does have alot of "classified" forums. More than any of the other sites I'm registered on. What's really weird, is that the other Ford Truck website doesn't have classified forums either.

Eric

Old 05-10-2004, 11:05 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This site has classifieds on the right hand menu. It has functionality specifically for ads which forums don't do (such as consistant format, pictures, auto-expire, keyword notification, etc.).

FTE is a content site, not a flea-market. Many, but not all, sites that have the classifieds in their forums have little else to offer other than forums (such as the Buick site you mentioned) and classifieds offer an easy way for the webmaster to get post counts up. FTE doesn't need that, I'd rather have ads expire and disappear.

Also, if someone is selling enough stuff to merit feedback, then its a part-time business and they need to pay to advertise here. If they are going to make a buck from FTE its only fair they pay for it.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:36 AM
biggieou
Elder User
Its not even about making a buck, its about helping out your fellow trucker. Sometimes people have parts laying around that they would like to sell below market value or even give away, and its nice for them to have a spot to do that. The classified section on FTE in my opinion is very poor. And as far as the Buick site goes, I think its a really good site personally. And if youll notice they dont get most of their posts and threads from those sections, but from General discussions and motor discussions. But like I originally said, it was just a thought.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:57 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
For more than you think, it is about a buck. We have numerous cases each month of businesses trying to use them to sell their products. Or someone who just happens to have 600 parts laying about and you check their history and find the guy has been placing 15 ads a month for 2 years. He's not just someone looking to get rid of a few parts, but someone who's running a side business. Or the guy who always happens to have 2 dozen trucks for sale at any given time.

As to that other site - 66,385 of 317,337 posts are in the sales sections, over 20% of all posts there. It illustrates exactly what FTE wants to avoid: the useless fluff of two years worth of expired, obsolete ads for products no longer for sale hanging around the forums. Again... I don't want FTE to become a flea market. I can't comment on how good or bad their forums may be, only that forums seem to be the only thing they have. Using forums for classifieds, IMHO, is an easy way out for webmasters who either a) don't want to spend the money to purchase a dedicated system, b) don't have the skill to install it or c) don't want to write one themselves.

We're just going to have to disagree and leave it at that, because I have no plans to start a classifieds section in the forums.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
biggieou
Elder User
Well at least you gave me your reasons for not wanting one, and I can respect that. I know where you stand as you do I.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:49 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Thank you Ken and Torque1st,
for your quick response and answers.
Ray

Old 05-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
When users want to discuss web site related topics,we ask them to post in the user Feedback & Suggestions forum.
Scroll up a little from the chapters section to see it.

There are a few threads in the user feedback forum where this thread should have been placed, that deal with a Buy & Sell forum topic.

They have been there for months.

Here are a few.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190925

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=203685

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=175831

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155309

If you go to search type *Classifieds* and read 50+ other threads.