Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Looking for a truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:54 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a truck

I've been thinking about converting my '92 to MAF, but apparently it isn't going to be that easy since I have the E4OD tranny. My truck is a '92 F150 HD, 2WD, 5.8, ext. cab, 8' bed purchased in the spring of '01 from the original owner in Mesa, Arizona. The body is perfect and straight, and there is absolutely zero rust on it. I have rebuilt all of it's suspension and brakes (the "whoa"), and now I need to work on the engine, or the "go". I don't drive it in the winter as I only bought it to tow my Lund with.

So.......I'm looking for a rusted/wrecked/totalled F250 from a '95 to '97 (?) with a 5.8, E4OD, and MAF. I'm looking for a complete, or mostly complete, truck to use as a parts donor for a MAF swap. The truck doesn't have to be running, and it doesn't have to have doors, bumpers, a bed, etc. I'm just looking for a complete MAF- EFI system that I can take off and put in my truck, and I figure this would be the easiest way to go.

If anyone has a truck like this, or knows someone, etc, etc, please let me know. Or maybe someone has a truck that they don't want to part with (like a good body undergoing a rebuild) but are willing to let me scavenge it, that would be fine as well.

I'm in Maple Grove, and will be scouring the Metro papers for totalled, wrecked, or "Transportation Thrifties", but if the correct out-state truck is available, I will travel.

Thanks, all!

Jim

Old 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
but all you really need though is the harness and computer(5.8auto) and maf sens and air intake tubes right? i had a real hard time finding my 5.8 stuff, but viking auto salvage had a parts locator and got me the right stuff and fuel rail i needed out of iowa. worst part about finding harnesses and such is so many yards cut and hack. they are pricy but worth a shot? vans should work too except for the hoses. later

Old 05-12-2004, 12:46 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Yeah, I only need the parts, but I've never done this so I'm unsure which parts I need, and I'd like to have access to a complete truck, just in case, you know?

I stopped at John's Auto Parts in Blaine this morning- nothing. But at least I got my boat back! Goin' fishin'...........

Jim