New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Let's meet at Rainbow Ford!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 06:13 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Let's meet at Rainbow Ford!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! I've been working on an idea & need your input. I was talking to a salesman from Rainbow Ford at the new car show & asked if we could hold a get together/meeting at their dealership someday. He was very interested! I told him about the site (in general terms) & asked if they would be interested in sponsoring the meeting. I figure it would be a good way to recruit new members & if it goes well we can try this with other dealerships too.
Who would like to get in on this? I know summer is coming but it would just be for an hour or so. I also worked with a truck accessories business - caps & hitches & stuff like that (large items with installation readily accessible) & he showed an interest in giving discounts if enough people were going to order from him. I'm going to try getting in touch with him to see if he will still work with us.
Anyhow, let me know about meeting at the dealerships ok? Thanks!
Cowlady/Angela

Old 04-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
As long as he supplies food and beverages

Works for me..

Old 04-24-2004, 08:21 AM
cowlady
Elder User
LOL! I'll see what I can set up ok? We need more members who would be interested though - I don't think just 2 of us would cause too much excitement on their part! Come on guys - get in on this! Please??????????

Old 04-25-2004, 12:16 AM
RoushRacen
Junior User
sure, sounds like fun......but wheres rainbow ford? near or in Buffalo I'm thinking.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Rainbow Auto Group
6980 Niagara Falls Boulevard
Niagara Falls, NY 14304

Old 04-25-2004, 08:49 AM
cowlady
Elder User
I'm so sorry RouschRacen! I guess I should have put the location in, huh? Ah, senility - it excuses SO many mistakes! LOL!
Rainbow Ford is in Lockport, near Niagara Falls. If you let me know what nites would work best I'll try to plan it for that nite! I'm sure it's quite a drive for you so I can try to set it up for a weekend if you're generally free then! It would be great to meet you!
If it's too far to drive maybe you can try setting up something similar in your area & invite the members near you to attend! I see no reason why we can't look at establishing a good rapport with dealers in each reigon & recruiting new members. One of the requests I will make is for the dealership to notify their F150 & other Ford truck owners of the meeting & invite them to come out & meet the group. Then they can decide for themselves if they'd like to join!
Let me know what works best for you ok? Email me anytime!

Old 04-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Weekends work better for me as Buffalo is about 2 hours and Rochester would be 1 1/2 hours. As long as I am not out wheeling or have a family event (priorities for me) I would be there. Keep us posted.

Old 04-25-2004, 02:05 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Cool Ronin007! I'll see what I can set up! Listen - check the sticky about Paragon Park ok? We're setting up a trip to go do some of their trails this summer. What do you wheel? My truck is stock & the trails were awesome but they have more advanced trails too if your truck meets the specs. Think you'd be up for a group trip? I sure hope so!
BTW - make sure you "vote" in the "Where do you live" poll so I can get an idea of how many members are in each reigon! Thanks!

Old 04-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Yep have been following the Paragon post, but haven't seen a date yet. I will be willing to go if it doesn't conflict with one of my other club events and people don't mind me wheeling my '93 Range Rover LWB. My '99 F-350 SD is a plow, tow, and hauling vehicle so I don't wheel it and won't lift it. Been through the hassle of removing plow frames before and don't do that anymore. I know that Yeti wheels with his frame so I would be interested in seeing him do that. My Rover is still pretty stock too. Mild lift and 32-inch tires, but it was a pretty capable vehicle to begin with.

Already voted in the where you live and am one of the four from western NY.

Old 04-25-2004, 06:58 PM
RoushRacen
Junior User
Cowlady, the location is fine for me. Its like a hour drive for me, no big deal seeing I go to Ford school on Aero Dr thats next to the airport. Weekends are easier for me just let me know cause I also work some saturdays.....thanks Blueoval..lol.