Chapter Leader/President

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Chapter Leader/President

Ok all you michiganders;

Ken is setting up a chapter leaders position for all the chapters. If you are interested in the position, or want to nominate someone please chime in here. Lets say that ALL who are interested in the position or interested in nominating need to post by April 18th. That gives everyone a week to speak up.

Listed below is the message Ken posted, so read it and speak up.

I will post a poll on or about the 18th depending on who has posted. If you nominate someone I will contact them and see if they are interested in the position.

Remember everyone, this is your chapter. You need to deside what you want to do.

FTE is implementing group functions for the Regional Chapters. Each Chapter will have a Group associated with it and a Chapter Leader.

For instance, there will be a Texas Chapter Group. You'll be able to see a list of all Texas Chapter members in this group using the "Members List" item on the forums top menu bar. Additionally, whenever you view a user's profile you'll see a list of groups he/she belongs to.

Chapter Leaders will be able to send invitations to others to join their group, accept new join requests, remove requests, etc. Each group will have it's own Gallery with albums that the leader can manage. Additionally, each group has its own Events Calendar separate from the main Events Calendar. The Chapter Leader will function as a president of sorts, and will be responsible for encouraging growth and activity in his/her section.

Each Chapter needs to start discussing nominations for its Chapter Leader. I strongly urge each region to consider the current Chapter Moderator for inclusion in their list of nominations. Moderators will be overseeing nomination discussions and placing a poll in the forum when the group is ready for elections.

If you have any questions please e-mail me and I will try to answer them.

Jim

Old 04-11-2004, 02:21 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

My vote goes to Jimjdb1 our moderator(if he wants it).I think he is doing a fine job right now,and I am afraid if we elect somebody new,we will probably be going to war with Ohio.J/K

Old 04-11-2004, 05:05 PM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by King Triton
My vote goes to Jimjdb1 our moderator(if he wants it).I think he is doing a fine job right now,and I am afraid if we elect somebody new,we will probably be going to war with Ohio.J/K
You mean we aren't at war with Ohio now?

I second the nomination.

Old 04-12-2004, 06:13 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
I don't see any reason to change. Jim is doing a fine job.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
I appreciate and except your nominations and seconds. I would like to see some others get nominated though. I'm sure there are others that might like to be the Chapter Leader/ President or whatever it is to be called. Chime in guys.

Jim

Old 04-12-2004, 09:58 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Well now that you mention it,I was just reading some replies about the election in the NW chapter,and,well,scotch and cigar bribes sound pretty good,Haha.But I will be willing to be your (party)chairman.ok,I`ll stop now.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Let's say we make it a real party.

I nominate Tellico Racing and King Triton for the position. They both are very active participants and seem to want to help any and everyone. All the posts I have seen from the two of them have been positive.

Ladies and Gentlemen, these are true nominations. Do I get a SECOND?

Jim

Old 04-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Come on guys, we still need a second for Tellico and King. So lets get and get a second here Please

Jim

Old 04-16-2004, 05:48 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Ok,First,on advice from my bookie,um I mean bookkeeper(Martha Stewart) I have been informed that I would have to give up my reign as King or suffer political fallout from what I am holding, er because of my holdings.That and the fact that I do not meet the 1 year requirement would prevent me from entering this election.Although I am honored that you would even nominate me.
Second,
If this election reflects how things are going to be when we have get togethers,well,at least we will have enough guys for a game of poker!Come on guys,show Jim how much we appreciate what he is doing!Or if you want to vote for Tellico thats cool too,he has been a member long enough also,but atleast vote!If you dont,then the ballots will probably be counted in florida and we are going to have Rodney Dangerfeild representing us!

P.S.Jim,after your landslide victory,if you need any help or I can be off any assistance,just hollar,I love this site and will do anything that is needed.

Last edited by King Triton; 04-16-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Are you guy's sure you want to be stuck with me again? Haveing not heard from anyone else I will report to the higher ups that no one else would jump in. We will see what they say.

I'll do my best guys.

Thanks

Jim

Old 04-21-2004, 04:38 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Jim
Just thought I would stop in and say hi,I dont know about you,but I am starting to feel like one of those scientists who sends signals out into space and then waits for a reply.

Come on guys step up to the plate!

By the way Jim,I have been surfing through the archives and noticed you have been here a long time,cool.

Old 04-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Yah, I've been here for a few days. Can't say that I know anything, but I'm here.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:50 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
I think there must only be 4 of us in here....thats the way it seems sometimes.

I have read all the posts about this chapter leader/president stuff, and I don't understand why it is important for someone other than the moderator to be elected to the position. Seems to me a good fit.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Tom;

Thanks for your support, and yours Robert.

Here is an excert from Kens post, he is recommending that the Mod be considered. I don't know the reason for the change, I was happy with the mod thingy.

I strongly urge each region to consider the current Chapter Moderator for inclusion in their list of nominations. Moderators will be overseeing nomination discussions and placing a poll in the forum when the group is ready for elections.

Jim

Old 04-22-2004, 02:00 PM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
I saw this and was unsure after reading what mil1ion says.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...55#post1540355

Quick Reply: Chapter Leader/President