Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Gettin ready for inspection

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:40 AM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Gettin ready for inspection

Ok, So Its almost time for me to get my truck inspected, tired of walking everywhere.
And I am just curious to how much they look over and how thoroughly they check er out, anyones experiences?
Im in BC canada btw.
I know i have to fix my brake lights, 2 blinkers , E brake, i gotta put driver side mirror back on and I have no rear view.
So i figure ill fix most of that before i take it in, and im probly gonna throw a D60 in the rear, one with decent brakes on er' .

So yeah any ideas on what else i should look for??
Nope the windshield is in good shape
thanks fellers

Old 04-11-2004, 01:45 PM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make sure the tread on your tires is above the wear bars. If they look thin, and have un-even wear, they might give you grief. Does your reverse lights work? Keep this in mind, "If its installed on your truck, it needs to work" If it doesnt work, then fix it. As far as swappin axles are concerned, why not just adjust the brakes on teh one you have now? Assuming the innards arent completely trashed, getting them to work should be a 12 pack, and a saturdays worth of work.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:58 PM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Oh darn, I fogot about reverse lights, better hook them babys up to i guess.Come to think of it, ive never even had them.
Tires are pretty good,
And well my reason for swapping is 1. Going to end up doing sooner or later anyways, 2. Before I went to camp 2 months ago i had completely disasembled the drum brake assembly on one side, now being so long after I kinda forget what to do in there (not hard to remember) Just figured it would be easier to swap er out,
Still make a saturday and a 12'er out of it too.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 04-12-2004, 02:12 AM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by longview1
Oh darn, I fogot about reverse lights, better hook them babys up to i guess.Come to think of it, ive never even had them.
Tires are pretty good,
And well my reason for swapping is 1. Going to end up doing sooner or later anyways, 2. Before I went to camp 2 months ago i had completely disasembled the drum brake assembly on one side, now being so long after I kinda forget what to do in there (not hard to remember) Just figured it would be easier to swap er out,
Still make a saturday and a 12'er out of it too.
Dude, just pop off the other side that you (hopefully) didn't touch. pay close attention at what the order of how you think stuff should come off, and put the other side back on in the reverse order of how you think it should come apart. While you are at it, go to the parts house and buy new springs and cables for inside the drums, its cheap insurance. Once you do drums a couple of times, its cake to do. Its all a matter of knowing what order to put the stuff back in at, its not as hard as you think.

Good luck

Old 04-12-2004, 02:17 AM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Ok you talked me into it, see all i needed was some encouragement
I bleive i wrote down the order in which i took everything out also, it is actualy pretty simple once you understand. And yeah if i do have troubles i can take a boo at the other side.
Also If i do this then i have new brakes and they cant get me for that.
thanks man