Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Spray in bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:02 PM
CKaye
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray in bedliner?

It's apparent in all of the spray on bedliner threads that application may be the most important step in whether or not it'll hold up.

So, I'd love to hear from those of you who have gotten a spray in liner. What brand did you get, who did it for you, and are you happy with it?

Thanks!

Old 04-08-2004, 08:12 AM
slowsix
Senior User
Rhino Liner about 3 years ago. A little shop at Bellview and Windemere. I would get a spray in liner again but I would probably go with a Linex. They seem to look better over time.

Old 04-17-2004, 08:58 PM
mattadams
Senior User
I have a good story for you, and a bad story for you.
When I bought my truck, it had a recently sprayed rhino liner in it. while I didn't like the fact that they sprayed over the bolts, figured oh well, not much I can do about it, its still a good liner. About 3-6 months after that (figure the liner is now 6-9 months old) the liner began fading horribly, and even peeling in some spots. The liner is basically brown, not black, not good looking at all. In addition to that, since they sprayed over the bolts its made it impossible to do a body lift or body work without adding countless hours to the labor of it. Whenever I went to Rhino Lining to see what they could do, I was told they could do nothing, the lifetime warranty didn't apply to me because I was not the original purchaser of the vehicle. I used every product they recommended, and it'd make it black again for a day or two, then fade right back to the drab brown that it is now. I will neve rhave another rhino liner installed again.
Now, on to Line-X. I have it installed on my roll bar, my nerf bars, my taillight covers, and my brushguard. I love it. I've had it on there for about 2 years now and it hasnt faded at all. It's held up to all kinds of abuse and works great. The Line-X dealer on santa fe near C-470 even told me if I could rip out the rhino lining, he'd do the bed for half price because he saw what horrible condition it was in. Unfortunately I can't afford even half price right now, nor do i want ot take the rollbar/toolbox out again (its a massive ordeal, trust me!). But he's sprayed my other stuff and I've been very pleased with the results. Highly recommend it.
FYI, the Rhino shop on belleview and windermere is staff with a bunch of guys that speak about 10 words of english, very frustrating when trying to tell them the problem with my liner.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:37 PM
r1cgriffin
New User
I had a Rhino liner on my 2001 F-250. It held up great it never faded even with all the gas and diesel i,ve spilt on it over the years. I had it installed in Colo Springs at chelton loop(?) . I have since gotten a 2003 F-250 at about ten months I had it sprayed by Rhino also and it is a good job also. The workers will answer all questions.
I looked at some other brand but did not like how thin most of them were. Rhino told me if I didn't want the bolts covered they could be removed before spraying.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:30 AM
TRNITUP
New User
If you don't mind me asking, what did you guys pay for your liners?

I'm really needing to get mine done, as I have quite a few areas scratched and banged up, and I really don't want the rust to start. But, I'm a cheapskate, so I have to be on the lookout for money savings.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
r1cgriffin
New User
Talking

Rhino lining just went up end of March I payed $422.00 in April for black- I was told custom colors cost an extra $80.00. This was in Colorado Springs.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:46 PM
zamboni250
Senior User
I have a LineX. Had it done about 6 years ago. Still holding up really well, looks great too! Im not sure what I paid but im sure it has gone up since then anyway. Good Luck

Old 06-03-2004, 08:25 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
LINE-X contains polyurea, Rhino does not. Here are the advantages of polyurea:
1. Higher temperature tolerance, LINE-X is 350 degrees, Rhino is 175 degrees. As the temp of the bed approaches the temp tolerance (in the summer), the liner begins to lose its strength.
2. Polyurea is more chemical resistant, especially with organic oils and solvents.
3. Polyurea makes the liner harder. LINE-X's tear strength is 304 lbs., Rhino is 145 lbs.
4. Polyurea produces a more dense liner by keeping moisture out of the mix during the application process.
5. Less moisture in the mix also means better adhesion to the metal.
6. Polyurea makes the liner dry fast, 4 seconds average. So, you get a very even application throughout. Rhino takes a minute or two to even gel, so gravity pulls the liner from the high ridges into the low valleys.

Since Polyura sets up very fast, LINE-X uses a high heat/high pressure application. This produces a much nicer finish. Rhino uses a cold/low pressure system which makes it look sort of gouped on. To be fair, Rhino is in the process of changing to a high heat/high pressure system (because it looks more like LINE-X), but the product still does not contain polyurea.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:37 AM
mattadams
Senior User
by the way, anyone interested in Line-X, you can get a discount at the line-x dealer on santa fe in littleton. Just say you are with the Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club

Old 07-09-2004, 11:03 AM
XdieselX
New User
I just got my bed done with line X yesterday and I love it I paid $445 here in chicago. I did alot of research on best bed liners and came to the conclusion that line X is the best and has the best warranty. good luck.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:36 PM
myf250
New User
Custom Linings

I just got my truck done with Custom Linings. I think they are kind of new. I am very satisfied with it so far. It was about 150.00 cheaper than Line X. I got it done at Timberland Toppers in Colorado Springs. I paid 295.00 for my F250 short bed. They use the same materials as Line X and applied the same way. Same warranty as well. Hope this helps

Old 08-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Shortbedman68
New User
We once sprayed Rhino liner on my cousin George just to see what would happen to him. Let me just say this ain't a good idea.

Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry, I just cant stop

--Mike

Old 09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
grock
New User
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Reflex spray-in liner? It has a rubbery feel that makes me think it woudl be less slippery than the harder spray-in liners.

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:30 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my truck done here in Colorado Springs. $412. The rhino line shops on Chelton Loop. Same place r1 was saying. They did a very good job. I have a friend who got line x and he said it chips compared to rhino line, where rhino stays flexable. Flexable is good. If you go to the rhino dealer (the only one in COS is on chelton loop) they sell rhino renew which is what your supposed to use to keep it looking new. I called timberline toppers like myf250 did, their bedliner is only 1/8" thick and it was $375. I was like, dang, I can get 1/4" rubberized rhino liner for $400.

They will take out the bed bolts for ya but it'll cost more. Besides that, if you don't rhino over them then they can rust out because their not sealed. That's another plus for rhino is the rust prevention.

Last edited by ceetwarrior; 10-15-2004 at 09:32 AM.