Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

How much is rent there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 01:33 PM
bigblu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much is rent there?

I'm up here in California. We rent a 825 sq foot home for 725. Prices here are ridiculous. We'll never be able to buy a house here. What's typical rent go for down there in Phoenix or Glendale? I know it differs in areas.

We've been thinking about moving down there, since most of family is there. Maybe there, we'd be able to buy a home. Plus, having a large dog is harder to find a house to rent with.

Thanks...

Old 01-24-2004, 07:11 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...seems comparable. Bu there is so much growth and new sub divisons going up, that your better off buying for almost the same your paying for rent....$120,000 will get ya 1300 sq ft brand new house in Mesa.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
bigblu
Senior User
Well, that's why we want to move there. Here, in Northern California, the cheapest place is a $99K condo in the hood. A decent home here goes for $230,000+.

If we move, I just have to get an aftermarket air conditioner for my truck. I don't have one.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:55 AM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...nah.....been driving down here for 3 years w/o A/C...Ya get used to it
or at least thats what I keep telling myself....no /ac in the truck or on the bike, thats the only way to acclimatize
...Go on line and check housing prices for Glendale, E. Mesa, N. Phoenix for the better deals...be careful with S. Phoenix and W. Mesa, some of those neighborhoods can be pretty rough.
...But, I guess your work situation will more probalbly dictate your living arrangements...either way it will be a big change from N. Ca...Plus, make sure your emission systems are up to par, depending on the county ya live in.

rent.com, apartmentfinder.com will give ya some ideas on price...
there are 3 new sub-divisions going in where I live in Far E. Mesa for the prices I quoted in the previous post...3 bdrm/garage average...theyre ALWAYS trying to cut deals. If ya need some more info, let me know, I'll see what I can do to help.
Later...

Last edited by wabiker; 01-27-2004 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:14 PM
bigblu
Senior User
We're trying to get a loan for a house right now in Arizona. For 131K, a 3br, 2 bath and 2 car garage. I'm hoping my truck will fit in the garage, because I've only rented a place once that it did.

As for a job, I'm not really worried. I'd work anyplace that would pay my bills. Know what I mean.

It's been years since I've lived there. So, I know I can readjust to the heat. But, we have a child that I'd primarily worry about.

Old 02-05-2004, 07:58 AM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...Sounds like my house, only mine is only 1300 sq ft...we got it new for 125k, payments about $900 montly, but its a KB home, nothing fancy but functional.
...Well, yall have lived here before then you know what yall are getting into as far as the weather goes, thats usually the biggest shock for most people....as for me, I love it...110 degrees and Im out in the garage puttering....AWESOME riding weather too...
...Im sure the little one will be fine, they been raising babies down here for years now
as I said before, let me know if I can be of any assistance...
Good luck.
Chiba

Old 02-08-2004, 12:19 PM
PaulzF150
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do want to get an after market AC system, go with Arizona Mobile Air. They put dash vents in and everything. The unit was installed in my '83 in 1991 and it is still working fine. Good luck with your move to AZ!

Old 03-02-2004, 02:47 AM
bigblu
Senior User
Thanks. We were approved for a home down there. It will be really nice to finally own our own home. I have a few months to get me a job down there, while the house is being built. We're really excited, because I'll be home finally. I've lived in California for years, but my heart belongs to Arizona.

Definetely have to get an air conditioner in my truck. I guess my F-150 was the basic model, nothing in it. I survived out here with 105 degree weather, but I won't with 122 there. Hopefully we'll get there before the heat comes.

The biggest kick is going to be me pulling into Daddy's driveway. He keeps telling me to sell my truck, but doesn't understand what it means to me. I think it's because his daughter has a bigger truck than him. LOL.

Old 03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
NewMexF250
Cross-Country
Congradulations !!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 01:20 AM
PaulzF150
Senior User
You'll have to get a 3 or 4 row radiator and a radiator shroud for a truck with AC. The shroud for a truck with AC is different than your non ac setup. AZ Mobile Air did not include a radiator. I agree, hang on to that truck. My wife wants me to get rid of my '85. I made the mistake of selling my '83, so selling my '85 is
not gonna happen. Good luck with your move to AZ!

Old 03-04-2004, 01:24 AM
PaulzF150
Senior User
Me again. I looked at your pics. From what you have there, your radiator should be fine. Sweet machine Bigblu!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:29 AM
bigblu
Senior User
Thanks Paul. I'm going to hang on to that Mobile Ac shop. We'll do the install after we move there. I also want to look into getting a tinted rear window.

Living out here with 105 summers and no a/c was manageable. But I couldn't deal with arizona's heat that way.

Thanks again.

Old 03-04-2004, 07:49 AM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...But hey....Its a dry heat

Old 03-04-2004, 12:31 PM
PaulzF150
Senior User
If you like hot weather like I do, AZ is the place to be! I've been out here 15 years, the temp has reached 120+ twice. It's not that bad. The monsoons provide a nice relief from the heat too. that is, when we get 'em. The summers have been really dry the past few years.

Old 04-07-2004, 12:15 AM
bigblu
Senior User
Thanks Paul. We called the a/c company you mentioned. We're definetely getting the vehicles done there, once we move. Hopefully, we'll catch them before the heat, and prices rise.

Three weeks to go, and we'll be down there. Each day that goes by, I sit and think, I have 29 days to get this house packed. It's the countdown.

Quick Reply: How much is rent there?