Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

mercury trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Fordjfaggiole
mercury trucks

Are there any similarities between mercury trucks and the f-series trucks we have over here in the states? why i am asking is a lot of the old trucks in my area were crushed a few years back and seem to be very few and far between. if they were similar i might be able to find some hard to find parts in canada as they are very close to me thanks

Old 12-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The differences was definitely trim.

Exactly what are you looking for ?

I have a connection to Mercury's that are in Alberta.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Fordjfaggiole
Smile 58 truck parts

Originally posted by Mil1ion
The differences was definitely trim.

Exactly what are you looking for ?

I have a connection to Mercury's that are in Alberta.
I was looking for some trim parts but i'm also looking for a left front fender,the side mirrors, a1958 am radio, wiper arms,side windows, armrests. I'v located some of these parts on the internet but it is quite expensive when you figure in shipping and handling.Ithought if i could find a salvage yard in canada i could save enough money on the s&h to buy more than one part at a time and take advantage of the money preimum. I won't be working on the old truck until this spring so i have time to shop around. Thanks for the info and the reply.

Old 12-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Coyote Auto Salvage.
Clayton.

1-780-662-2403

Old 01-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Starfire 1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently purchased a 1996 F150 inline six and am interested in dressing it up. Can you give me a few suggestions, ie. were to start. The truck is silver and has a cap to match. Any help would be appreciated. I live in Chipman NB.

Starfire 1

Old 01-27-2004, 02:40 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE.I live across the line by Perth-Andover.Check out the aftermarket forum.You may find something there.Good to hear from someone handy.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Starfire 1
New User
Talking Restoration

John, what a great looking truck. Do you have plans to restore that dream boat ?

Starfire1

Old 01-28-2004, 07:04 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Starfire 1

Hi.Thats my plan.I just got the truck late this past fall.That was one of the reasons I was looking over your way for some parts.Everything over here seems to have been crushed.I have a long way to go to get it back on the road.It sat for 20 plus years up here .You know what that does to them. lol.If you posted in the truck forum under the year of your truck,those guys will give you some ideas on your truck.FTE is a great resourse for ideas on your truck,or any problems you might have with your truck.I'v met a lot of folks on here that will answer any kind of question you put out there.It's a good place to spend some time out of the cold.lol.Thanks for the reply.Its good to hear from someone up this way.I was begging to feel isolated .The nearest person I'v talked to was down on the coast.Post some pictures of your truck.I'd like to see it.I'm sure you will enjoy FTE.It's great.I'll watch for your posts.

Old 01-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Starfire 1
New User
Restoration

John, my brother-in-law has a junk yard in the next town. What is it exactly you are looking for . I can check with him and I know he has a few conections.

Starfire 1

Old 01-28-2004, 08:18 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
It's easier to tell you what i don't need.lol.The first thing i'm going to do as far as body work will be the front right fender.If you seen the truck'you might have noticed the hole in the grill.I have to replace most of the front nose.They cut it out to make way for a plow hookup.Mailorder stuff is expensive.To replace the front fender I would have to buy 3 different panels or try to replace one at a time.All3 would cost about$200.So it would pay to travel over your way for parts.I need a lot of trim.A new seat.Mirrors,hub caps,some of the side glass has fogged up.Nothing major just a lot of small things.It's all orignial,it just needs a lot of work.Must make it nice to have access to a junk yard.Maybe he knows of a parts truck i might be able to buy.Thanks