6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van
View Poll Results: What would you rather own?
Ford 6.0 Liter PSD?
86.27%
Ford 7.3 Liter PSD?
5.88%
GM Duramax Diesel?
1.96%
Dodge Cummins Diesel?
5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Do I Have The Only F250 Centennial 6.0l Psd In North America ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 07:49 PM
skigalini
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do I Have The Only F250 Centennial 6.0l Psd In North America ??

QUESTION: Has ANYONE seen another 2003 F250 Centennial Edition 6.0L SDCC ?? Not a Centennial-Year-Model, but a CENTENNIAL MODEL (Click here if you want to see the line of CENTENNIAL MODELS offered in 2003).
... OR ...
Do I have the only one in existence?

I saw a couple advertised, but they were bogus dealership advertisements and it turns out they were 2003 Lariat models in Grey. The CENTENNIAL OPTION PACKAGE comes only in one color ... BLACK.

When I went to purchase a truck this last April 2003, my dealer said, "hey Scott, how would you like to own a limited production CENTENNIAL MODEL that is offered only for a very short time-frame?" Not knowing what it was, I was VERY curious. I stopped my PURCHASE order and went home to check it out on the internet. I checked it out very good and really liked what I saw. The truck is offered in only one color ... BLACK. It had BLACK color-keyed bumpers (click to see them) instead of chrome and many options to include 2-tone Imola leather (click to see interior) with 'Ford 100 Years' branded in the leather, Ford 100 Years side badges, a wristwatch, a big Ford-100 years book autographed by Henry Ford's grandson and a bunch of other stuff that went along as part of the package. I special ordered it and 8 weeks later my truck arrived. All the dealer guys went out to check it out when it came in. Now I'm not a teenager anymore, but I drove it around town and had teenagers giving me the thumbs up (I'm almost positive it wasn't 'the finger' ). My first impression was, "this truck is TRULY BAD TO THE BONE."

Now I'm not trying to say I'm 'special' because I believe anyone out there with a F250-F350 6.0L PSD has bragging rights.

I simply want to know if I have ONE-OF-A-KIND. Also, is there anyone from FORD factory reading this that can tell me the truth, I would like to know. Also, if you just want to comment this post, then I appreciate any feedback.

My VIN # is: 1FTNW21P23EC81284

Cheers!

Scott

(You can CLICK HERE to see my truck)
NOTE: This picture shows the truck with a CAP on the back. IT'S CHANGED A BIT SINCE THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN. Since then, the cap has been removed and a hidden 5th wheel hitch added with a roll-away cover over the top of it. Also, I added one additional leaf spring to all four corners which lifted it about 3". No other modifications were required with the minor lift. The FX4 option already has special shocks and steering damper for off-roading.

Last edited by skigalini; 11-21-2003 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
va_redneck
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I nhave a 2004 250 centtenial Crew Cab with al the options. I love it. I have th tan lether interior and moon roof with the FX4 package. reverse sensors and KC lights. I love the heated seats. The only thing I don't have as an option are the marker lights

Hard truck to find. I think I #### myh pants when I found it.

jeff...

Old 11-21-2003, 09:56 PM
skigalini
Junior User
You mean they are offering the Centennial in 2004? My dealer had told me it was only available in 2003 because that's the year that marked to 100-year anniversary. May I please get you to post a picture? Thanks.

Best wishes. Skigalini

Old 11-21-2003, 10:04 PM
va_redneck
Junior User
I got it in 2003 but the build was a 2004 chassis. I will post a couple pics
I got to figure out how to do it LOL

Old 11-21-2003, 10:11 PM
va_redneck
Junior User
Here is a link to my truck that one of my female frends sent me. She is in love with my truck more than me LOL

I hope this works.

if not can enyone ttell me how to post pics?

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/abl...nt.jpg&.src=ph

Old 11-21-2003, 11:05 PM
skigalini
Junior User
Oh well ... in another posting, someone said that the F250 6.0L had a build-date of December 8 with a delivery date of 12/22.

It sure looks like a Centennial to me. Well ... I guess Ford does different things on the assembly line. I didn't know I could get a 2003 truck on a 2004 chasis. What's most important is that you and your lady-friend are happy with it.

Another posting wrote:
"I just got the word today that my F250 6.0L, Lariat extended cap shortbed has a build date in the week of 12/8, with a delivery date around 12/22. Merry Christmas! "

Here's from the website:

DEARBORN, Mich., – In less than a year – June 16, 2003 – Ford Motor Company will mark its 100th year of building automobiles. As part of the yearlong celebration, Ford will launch a special-edition Centennial Package to be offered on key Ford vehicles in the spring of 2003.

The special-edition vehicles, of course, will be offered in “any color you want as long as it’s black.”

As the legend goes, when Henry Ford’s production machine was rolling at full speed at his Highland Park (Mich.) Assembly Plant and the Model T was breaking production records every day, the vehicle was offered in “any color so long as it is black,” as Henry Ford himself would say.

Black paint dried faster than other colors, allowing Henry Ford and his team to produce cars more quickly and efficiently. This, in turn, helped drive down the price and made the automobile within reach of the middle class consumer for the first time. From an original price of $850, the Model T price dropped to well below $300 by the early 1920s. That was a value hard to beat.

Centennial Package
Ford’s color palate has grown significantly since the early years, but the vehicles of today – the cars, trucks and SUVs – still represent a value that is hard to beat. Ford is the best-selling brand of vehicles in America, thanks in part to key vehicles such as F-Series, Explorer, Taurus, Focus and Mustang. The special 2003 Centennial Package will be offered on these five vehicles.

“They were a natural choice to represent the Centennial for us,” said Steve Lyons, Ford Division president. “Like the Model T, they are hallmark products for Ford, the vehicles at the foundation of the brand. They say a lot about who we are and what we do.”

In fact, all five vehicles have helped shape Ford Motor Company and, in their own way, the automobile business: Ford Explorer, when launched in 1990, helped define and establish the SUV segment. It remains the best-selling SUV in America.

Ford Taurus redefined the sedan segment when it was launched in 1985. It is still one of the top-10 selling vehicles in the United States. In 1964, when the Mustang was launched, a love affair began that is still alive today. Few cars have as strong a following as Mustang.
Since the F-Series was introduced as the Ford F-1 in 1948, the truck has served as the workhorse for America. It is the best-selling vehicle in the United States and has been for the past 25 years.
Focus is Ford’s Model T for the 21st century: a great value that puts excellent driving dynamics and outstanding packaging in reach of most new-car buyers. Focus is currently the best-selling car in the world.

In addition to black clearcoat exterior paint, all Ford Centennial-edition vehicles include:

-Premium Verona-grain Imola leather seating surfaces in two-tone parchment.
-Ford 100th Anniversary deck lid and side badges.
-A commemorative key chain and watch.
-A copy of the limited edition, lavishly illustrated coffee table book, “The Ford Century.”

Each vehicle also includes a black leather owner’s guide portfolio with the embossed signatures of Henry Ford, his son Edsel Ford (company president from 1919 – 1943), Edsel’s son Henry Ford II (company president from 1945 – 1960 and chairman from 1960 – 1980) and Henry Ford’s great grandson, William Clay Ford, Jr. (chairman 1999 – 2001; chairman and chief executive office, 2001– present). Standard equipment for each Centennial model is extensive:

Skipped Ford Focus, Mustang, and Explorer

-Ford F-Series Super Duty Crew Cab Centennial Edition: leather-wrapped steering wheel and center console; overhead storage console; sliding rear window; power driver’s seat; power windows; privacy glass; and a color-keyed rear bumper.

Old 11-21-2003, 11:16 PM
va_redneck
Junior User
I'll put some more pics up on yahoo. Did you get the watch and book from ford yet. Cool 100 years of ford "The Ford Century"

The oly marking I have fond to identify the it is a true centenial are the emblems on the frind fenders and the Centennial on the seats.

Did you find any other markings?

I was surprised that mine was a 2004. I thought I had pruchased a 2003 until I got the registration. When I checked it out it was on the 2004 assembly.

I saw your post on the tires. I am having the same problem but I show 13 to 14 MPG on my overhead. If you have any luk let me know. I think deablo ois working on a programer.

Well it is late on the east cost and I am fighting the flu. I will post a reply whhen I get the pic uploaded. I think it may take all night.

I will get some new ones with the lift and tires. I need to get a digital camera.

You got any pic's of yours?

jeff...

Old 11-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Odds On 21
Junior User
[QUOTE][i]Here is a link to my truck that one of my female frends sent me. She is in love with my truck more than me LOL

No offence, but could it be that your truck has a bigger Power Stoke than you? :-)

Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM
va_redneck
Junior User
LOL. good one. Well she says she likes tthe noise. Maybe it is hte vibration he engine.

Old 11-21-2003, 11:48 PM
tristankc
Senior User
I have an '03 Centential edition F350, 5/31/03 build date. I had 4 to pick from between various local dealerships at the time I purchased mine. The next closest Centenial edition I could find, though, was about 7 states away. I was mainly drawn to it because it was next to impossible to get a black Lariat off a lot without two-tone paint. I've seen a few of 'em on the road as well.

Old 11-22-2003, 07:59 AM
va_redneck
Junior User
Hey Scott,

Here ae a couple of pic's I need to get some with the new tires and lift. I have some more to develop still.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vya....src=ph&.view=

Old 11-23-2003, 01:49 AM
skigalini
Junior User
Hi Tristankc and Jeff,

Ok. I'm convinced. I don't have the only Centennial 6.0L PSD on the road. Enjoy pals. I like your trucks. I kind of wish that I would have gone F350 instead of F250. I boosted mine up 3" to give it a slight edge and it sits about the same height as a stock F350, but the F350's have the axles that I wish I had. For towing bigger 5th wheelers, it's nice to have. Thanks for your replies ... both of you.

Skigalini

Old 11-23-2003, 06:45 AM
va_redneck
Junior User
I traded my 2000 350 dually in for my centennial 250. I had raised it 3" with 255/85 tires. looked good.

But I really like the centennial and the 250 with the 6.0 pills my tractors better than my old 7.3L. The only reason i got rid of my 350 was for the 6.0L and the centennial. but the moon roof closed the deal. LOL. The only problem with my old truck in all of the 88K miles was the stock tire.

Don't be bummed that you don't have the only centennial supper duty. From the lack of replies the three of us have fairly unique and distinctive trucks.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:34 AM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
skagalini...

The ONLY difference between a SRW 250 and a 350 is the height of the blocks between the rear axle and the springs. Ford gives the 350 1100# more axle rating because it can take more weight without sagging. Change the ubolts and the blocks and you have the 350. It will raise the rear of the truck about 2".

Old 11-23-2003, 07:12 PM
skigalini
Junior User
Hi TBlueV10,

I have family in Arlington and graduated from Lamar a few years ago. Anyway, I assumed there was a difference between the axles of the F250 and F350 because of the difference in rating. Thanks for that useful info.

Now if I can just find someone who can tell me how I can fix the way my odometer/speedometer/fuel mpg LED readout. I added 35" tires and my readings are off. Ford dealership can only reprogram up to size 285 tires. I have 315 ... a little too big.

THanks,

Skigalini

Quick Reply: Do I Have The Only F250 Centennial 6.0l Psd In North America ??