Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Cover Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 06:00 PM
SkinnyUVA
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Cover Questions?

Trying to decide on a bed cover for my 04 Lariat SuperCrew. I'm getting the Rhino Lining already installed and am not quite sure about the covers. If I do get one, my inclination is to think that I don't want to get a hard cover so that I can use the truck bed the way it was supposed to be used if I want.

Anyone know anything about Roll-Up Bed Covers? What about the Lite Rider by Access Roll-Up Covers? Anyone else got another brand of roll up cover, or one that is easily compacted? Any info on the topic is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:45 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may also want to post question this in the Aftermarket Products forum.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
whitesnake
Freshman User
Do a search on a retractable cover called retrax. I have on on our truck & I'm very happy with it.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:14 AM
da cubs
Senior User
Get the hard fiberglass cover. I had a soft cover before and I LOVE the ARE fiberglass. Plus, if you need to remove it, there are only 4 simple bolts to remove! And those sliding covers cost more than a fiberglass cover!

Old 11-18-2003, 10:03 AM
fanman2
Senior User
DEFINITELY Go With HARD Tonneau

When I picked up my new AZ Beige Metallic F-150 Lariat Screw 4 x 2.....2 weeks ago.....i went directly to my local ARE dealer and had an ARE LSII Fiberglass Hard Tonneau Cover installed on my truck.....for ALL of the following reasons:
1) It completely covers the plastic side rail covers that come on the truck
2) It has an automotive grade lock on it, which allows you to LOCK it closed to secure whatever you are carrying in the back of your truck. It is just like a BIG trunk on a car!
3) The AZ Beige Metallic paint on the cover matches the truck's paint....PERFECTLY!
4) It has a LIFETIME warranty on the clearcoat, paint, fiberglass, frame and lift arms.....and a 5 year warranty on the gas shocks on the lift arms.
5) It is has a raised center portion to follow the overall lines of the truck which start with the raised center section of the hood.
6) In my opinion, it is EXTREMELY WELL MADE.....and it is the BEST hard tonneau cover available.....REGARDLESS of price!!!
7) It really looks sharp on the truck, and gives it a somewhat "custom" look
8) It is reasonably priced (actually LESS than some of the rollup, or lift up, soft tonneau covers and some other hard tonneau covers as well). I paid $770.00 + tax for mine.

You can learn more about the ARE LSII Hard Tonneau Cover at hteir website: www.4are.com

Old 11-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Superbru
Senior User
Take a look at the Undercover hard cover at undercoverinfo.com .
It is cheaper than the fiberglass, just as secure, is watertight, and most importantly, weighs less than 48 pounds, so it is easy to remove and put on.

It comes with hooks to hang it on your garage wall when removed, and it won't scratch or fade like the Fiberglass ones.

Good luck with your new truck!

Old 11-19-2003, 09:19 AM
greeneyes
New User
Tonnau Cover

I just bought a Extang full Tilt Tonnau cover for my Xlt 04 and like it very much. it weighs about 30lbs and I can take it off by my self just by releasing the gas shocks by hand and lifting straight up
Its a very sharp cover and has a 10 year Warranty.
Another option for your 04
Good luck on whatever you decide

Old 11-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Florida F-350
New User
I had a roll and lock and was verry unhappy with it. First of all they leak, second the box fills up with water if you don't remove the cover and clean out the weep holes once every couple months, third after a while they dont roll in and out so easy. Hard cover is the way to go and the're simple to remove.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
rambunctious
Senior User
I was at the sema aftermarket show and liked the extang soft cover that also tilts at the back. no snaps, just a smooth close out "J" hook. these are nice in my opinion when you are at the hardware store and the new box of whatever doesn't fit. just roll up the soft cover.
you can't do that with a hard cover when you are away from home.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:05 PM
whitesnake
Freshman User
Originally posted by Florida F-350
I had a roll and lock and was verry unhappy with it. First of all they leak, second the box fills up with water if you don't remove the cover and clean out the weep holes once every couple months, third after a while they dont roll in and out so easy. Hard cover is the way to go and the're simple to remove.
I almost got the roll n lock, but then found out about the retrax. Glad I did, I know what you mean to open & close the R N L, you have to pull on the strap from the center. Think of it this way: it is similar to a roll up blind. It is easier to open & close it if you pull on the middle instead of on the corner of the blind. The roll n lock & the pace edwards are like this. The retrax is different. Instead of having some spring mechanism to retract the cover, it has sealed ball bearings on both sides. It is very easy to open & close. The handle is on the edge of the cover also, not in the center like the others.

I thought I'd tell you about this cover since you seemed interested in a retractable cover. Check out thier site:
http://www.rolltopcover.com/

Old 11-19-2003, 10:05 PM
ctupton
New User
I have a Jason Hard Tonneau on order... it has been on order for almost 2 months.. and should get here around thanksgiving... it has keyless entry and carpet headliner... looks alot like the ARE... and suppose to be just as good... (Don't know yet)