Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

moving to las vegas?need advice from the locals

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
fordtrks4fr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moving to las vegas?need advice from the locals

well we r tossing the idea of selling the house and moving out there permanently when the inlaws retire out there, and no they r not the inlaws from hell but, ok kinda, but we will stay in the house they buy til we get resettled,
i am just sick of the cold and this mn same old atmosphere.
a few things i need to know is which area of vegas/suburburbs should a guy be looking to buy a house, i heard henderson is nice, dont want to have to worry about the purty wife or my truck being stolen for some other guys ride. crime and living standard is a must. we r in a upper middle class area now and the houses r 31% cheaper out there. not to sound snooty but i lived on the streets and have been poor before and aint going back and i dont like smelling others peoples crap and like to keep to my own if u can understand that. also need to know about emissions standards, i know they have stations up n down the road, saw too many to count on tropicana alone, so i will probaly sell my 93 351w swap soon and i just dont want to have to take my 55 through the sniffer if it isnt reg. is a 74 and older sniffed? my 93 is built and would never meet any standards if someone opened the hood or heard the cam., also, i will be looking to take up a trade school or apprentice program up out there to use my technical skills and talent for once or get mt CDL, any info on that idea is appreciated please e-mail me if u have more or advice on anything, or working out there and what a guy can do . i figure to find another early 70ford rustless out there so i dont have to do emissions if thats the case, just looking for ideas.
thanks in advance

Old 11-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Maybe the guys here in the Arizona Chapter will know, or you coul;d check with the southern California chapter.