Central Ohio FTE Rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
sourapple
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Central Ohio FTE Rally

Hello to All:

Just a thought, maybe to get more interest in the Ohio Chapter, you should have a mid-summer rally , in central Ohio, that way it would not be to far for all FTE to go, and I think it would be great fun to meet other FTE members from the chapter, something to think about!!!!
Denny
Woodville,Ohio

Last edited by sourapple; 10-13-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a good idea sourapple. In fact, early last year Vampiro, from the Winnepeg, Canada area and I were discussing having a national rally out near Kansas Motor Speedway or something. I know some people at Ford and thought they might want to contribute as well as maybe Wood Brothers Racing. As for an Ohio thing, that could be done maybe around Columbus Motor Speedway. I think getting the people there would be the problem. Just doesn't seem to be any interest until somebody needs something. Then, for those who are really interested, trying to find a date that they could all go. A holiday would probably be best. One that isn't usually traditionaly spent with family members. Most of the people would have the weekend off and could manage to stop by for a day. Maybe we could plan for next year. Vampiro and I were talking about the events that could be at the National. Truck show, truck pull, mud runs, drags, 4x4 obstacle course, swap meet, concerts, chili cook off, things of that nature. I know it's early, but maybe we could plan for the early spring. Who would be interested and what holiday would be adequate?

Old 10-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like a neat idea bruin52.

I am part of another "club" from another website that features Super Duty's. Unfortunately I have since sold my PSD, but they have not blackballed me yet . It's more of a friendly get together than anything. It is a three day affair with more vendors showing up all the time. It has been at a camp grounds(since most there are camper type people). It is a formal club with officers(BUT no DUES or anything). They still let me grace them with my presence(just so I can show off one of my hotrods ).

National Trails Raceway in Columbus is a nice facility. I race there once a year at Ford Expo on Labor day weekend. It would definitely hold a crowd, but not sure if they would allow any 4x4 activity....that is unless they make us clean up the area.

I'm sure if we worked it right, we could get my other club to join in. We could make a real big rallye then The club is based out of Cincy, but we are surrounding states also.
I'm sure some of the guys would luv to make a pass at the track with their PSD's.

Heck, while we're at it I could mention it to the ATHS club that I'm in(southern Ohio based chapter). We could have a bunch of "older trucks" big and small show up.

Larry

Last edited by Freightrain; 10-14-2003 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
sourapple
Freshman User
Originally posted by bruin52
That's a good idea sourapple. In fact, early last year Vampiro, from the Winnepeg, Canada area and I were discussing having a national rally out near Kansas Motor Speedway or something. I know some people at Ford and thought they might want to contribute as well as maybe Wood Brothers Racing. As for an Ohio thing, that could be done maybe around Columbus Motor Speedway. I think getting the people there would be the problem. Just doesn't seem to be any interest until somebody needs something. Then, for those who are really interested, trying to find a date that they could all go. A holiday would probably be best. One that isn't usually traditionaly spent with family members. Most of the people would have the weekend off and could manage to stop by for a day. Maybe we could plan for next year. Vampiro and I were talking about the events that could be at the National. Truck show, truck pull, mud runs, drags, 4x4 obstacle course, swap meet, concerts, chili cook off, things of that nature. I know it's early, but maybe we could plan for the early spring. Who would be interested and what holiday would be adequate?

Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 AM
sourapple
Freshman User
FTE Mid-Ohio Rally

Sounds like you have some good ideas already, thats good, I know down in Lima, Ohio, They have a Jeep Week-End , My son goes to it and they say that is a big event too.
I think if we could get a bunch of FTE together on a rally, to plan, set-up, doing some checking on places to have one in Central Ohio, I believe we could come up with something, so check around around and see who may be interested in helping to to set a rally up, you would have to have a lot of help on this, so spread the word and see who wants to help to have a FTE Rally.
Denny

Old 10-16-2003, 10:36 AM
sourapple
Freshman User
Angry mid-Ohio rally

Hey didn't mean to scare ya away, it was just a idea, I hope we all can come up with more ideas, and try to get some folks that want to make it happen, that's all I'am trying to do is see who is willing to help to organize a Mid-Ohio Rally and go from there.
Denny

Old 10-16-2003, 12:46 PM
gyger
Freshman User
there's got to be some kind of Truck rally/off-road stuff
that goes on in Ohio.
I mean come on it's OHIO!

I just want to get together with some people
that also have lifted trucks and like to go muddin
So I'm up for that if you guys are.

Old 10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the only thing that really goes on around here right now is the 4x4 Jamboree that's over near Troy I believe. I'll check and see if there's anyone who would be interested in lending support, i.e. local Ford dealers, FoMoCo, Wood Bros. Racing, maybe plan it for the spring. I'll check out the calenders and see what's going on. I'll be a little busy this week, so give me some time and I'll let you guys know. Once I get some foundation laid on this, we'll see who'll be interested and see what kind of numbers (of people) we're looking at. bruin out.

Old 10-19-2003, 09:31 PM
sourapple
Freshman User
Question Ohio Chapter & Mid-Ohio Rally

Hey All:
Boy I know there's got to be a few of ya's that want a Ohio Chapter and rally, so let's get some ideas going and see what we can do about this,uh???????
For chapter , we can make up a Ohio chapter logo, decide on a Chapter name, we can have applications for the ones that want to join the Chapter, maybe a small dues to join to cover supplies, do a newsletter, I believe you could have a pretty good size chapter in Ohio, you can have one big chapter or break them down to other chapters, like NW Ohio chapter , SW Ohio, NE Ohio,SE Ohio Chapters, Just ideas I'am passing out, I bet your Ford Dealers would be willing to help out also hell who knows what could happen.
So if you want to get envolved and get something going let's do it, think of a name for the chapter, I Live in NW Ohio near Toledo, so let me know what your ideas on this are ,I will also work on a Logo for the Ohio Chapter.
LET'S DO IT, LET'S SHOW WE LOVE OUR FORD PICK-UPS

Denny

Old 10-20-2003, 07:55 PM
mwittman
Senior User
Hey count me in! I've been looking for something nearby to go out and have some fun. I've got my truck built to the point where I could probably keep up now, so I'm interested in having some fun!

Matt