Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Let's get the word out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Let's get the word out.

Okay Ohio, I've been on this site for some time now. I'm originally from Ohio but I've been living out in California the past eight years. Now I'm back! Although I haven't been in Ohio, I've been stopping by this forum and discovered there hasn't been much activity. I know the website has recently been redone and a lot of the old posts are now gone, but to be truthfull, there really wasn't a lot of posts then either. Everywhere I go around here I see Ford trucks. Almost everybody has a computer or at least access to one. When I see somebody in a Ford truck I complement them on it and then ask them if they've ever visited the site. It helps to find new users and members rather than them just stumble into it as I did when I was looking for parts.

Also, maybe we can participate in a weekly chat or something. Set aside an hour or so on a certain day of the week and we'll discuss Ford talk, shows, mods, just get to know each other a little better. I think it would be enjoyable. Let me know what you all think. Thanks for your time and input.

Ric Beach
bruin52

Old 09-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get the word out.

I'm intersted. Especially with the winter months coming up...

Stan

Old 09-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Let's get the word out.

Good deal Stan, thanks for the help. Come on everybody, I know there's a lot of users on here from Ohio. I understand that most of us are probably frequently on the General Article Forum, as I usually am, but I'd like to hear what's going on around home also. Car and truck shows, swap meets, races, open houses, all those things. Let's unite and lead the way for Ohio. Check out the Ohio Forum every now and then. I'd have no problem with helping somebody out with their truck around here as long as it's a Ford. Let's get this thing rolling.

Ric Beach
bruin52

Old 09-07-2003, 03:50 PM
jimzdat
Mountain Pass
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's get the word out.

Sounds like an idea Ric--and I'm just surprised to find someone that isn't 3 hours away from me--living down in Marietta isn't exactly the "big city"

I check all the forums daily (if not more often)--let's try to set up a time for a chat or something, maybe even just use Yahoo IM or something
Jim

Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Let's get the word out.

Thanks Jim, I used to drive through Marietta all the time when I was stationed down in North Carolina. I couldn't wait to see that city. That was my sign that I only had an hour left on the road. Nice small town though. Especially driving down SR 60.

Well guys, I'm free on pretty much all nights right now except Wednesday. I have hockey practice in the evening. I may be starting a new job working nights also soon. I should find out about that tomorrow. There really aren't a lot of people using the chat room here in the evenings. I say lets meet on Thursday in the chat room here at 8:00 p.m. and see what happens. That's just a day and time I'm throwing out. If you two want to participate and have a conflict on the time or date, let me know when would be a good time for you guys and we'll go from there. Thanks for the interest. Happy truckin'!

Ric Beach
bruin52

Old 09-08-2003, 05:49 PM
jimzdat
Mountain Pass
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's get the word out.

Well, under normal circumstances, that works for me, except for this week--going on a road trip to DC--I'll make it if I can though

Jim

Old 09-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Let's get the word out.

Chatting would be tough for me. I look at the board more at work than at home. I have to share computer time with the kids there....
Always interested in any Ford and Ford truck shows within a couple of hours drive from Dayton/Springfield though! Is there an event schedule on the board somewhere I'm not aware of?
And anything I can do to help (I have an '85 BII, but am looking at getting an older 4X4), just let me know.
Stan

Old 09-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Let's get the word out.

The only calender is the one at the top of the page. Not sure how to post any dates up there, but I'll find out. I haven't seen anything much for Ohio region up there. If anybody knows of any Ford related activity in their area let me know and I'll get it posted on there.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Trucky18
Senior User
Let's get the word out.

Hey, I just found the Ohio section of the web site, i ya i dont scroll down to much. I live in Colmubus. I got a 95 bronco ill try to check the board and participate, thursday is good for me for now. i hope we take some action!

-Ben

Old 09-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Trucky18
Senior User
Let's get the word out.

ok, just looked at the chat thingy, how the hell do you work it???

Old 09-16-2003, 07:03 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Let's get the word out.

Once the chat board come up on your monitor, go to the white rectangular box at the bottom of the large black box and left click. Start typing your message and press enter to send. Message will show on the screen as well as messages from other participants. By the way guys, I won't be available for the chat on Thursday, going to the Dropkick Murphy's concert in Columbus. How does doing it Wednesday or Friday sound?

BTW, nice Bronco, Trucky18. You other guys got any photos on board yet? I should be getting the '87 Bronco in a couple of months. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it. Happy Wheelin Buckeyes!

Ric Beach
bruin52

Old 09-21-2003, 07:25 AM
luteg
New User
Let's get the word out.

Hello fellow Oh FTEs

I also have a few Ford trucks we use for work and play and recognize the old Mack truck from a truck show in New Phila a few months back. My son won the ugly truck contest at the show, lots of good looking trucks there. Just joined (again) so will be checkin in every now and then.

01 - Esacpe (wifes)
72 - 250 w/390 4spd 4*4
92 - v6 Ranger w/5spd 4*4
97 - v6 F150 w/5spd 4*4

Old 09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's get the word out.

Yup, we were there with the "B".

Interesting show to say the least. Good food.

Larry

Old 09-27-2003, 07:21 AM
BigunThick
New User
Hey guys a Ford chat is a great idea ...I just stumbled on this site today....It must be my lucky day!.........I'm allways up for a good Ford chat just let me know when and where ..Thanks, Kenny

Old 10-04-2003, 06:20 PM
cougardude70
Freshman User
This seems like a pretty cool way to chat with other Ford truck people in the area. I also stumbled upon this site and found it to be pretty helpful and like I said a cool way to chat with other Ford truck owners such as myself.

Quick Reply: Let's get the word out.