Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

supercharger swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 02:16 PM
wildchild
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool supercharger swap

CALLING ALL GEAR HEADS
I have recently come across a take off supercharger. Off a 2001 ford lightning w/5.4. the car was rear ended and the owner has given me the supercharger. My question out there in cyber space is what parts will I need. I have only the supercharger and the intake. I want to install this supercharger on a 2003 ford expedition with a 5.4 in it also. some of the people around here say that i will need to get a new computer and wireing harness along with all of the misc. parts to go with it. does anybody have any help for me on this, what parts i will need and where to get them. or someone here in M.A. that I can bring it to. I am starting to get desprite and would be greatfull for any help

Old 08-18-2003, 08:59 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
supercharger swap

Fuel injectors, intake, computer, wiring harness.....

Old 08-21-2003, 05:12 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
supercharger swap

Depending on how you want to set it up. If you are wanting to set it up exactly like the Lightning, then a new computer would be needed. If not, you could chip yours with a program for the supercharger and any other mods. If all you have is the supercharger and intake, there are a few other pieces you need. See if you can get all the parts you can off the Lightning.

I do not have a Lightning, but know the supercharger install. Check the front of your engine and the front of the Lightning engine for brackets. You will probably need another idler pulley and different belt. Also, on the supercharger and intake - does it have the intake elbow to be able to connect your throttle body to? Does the intake have blowout valve (I don't know if the Lightning uses it or not) ?

Your 5.4 came with 19lb injectors, right?!?!? You might want to go to 24lb to be safe, depending on the boost pressure. Anything over about 6 lbs would need at least 24lb injectors. When you do, you have to recaliibrate your mass air to match the injectors.

I haven't looked at either engine close enough to remember it all - just trying to give you some extra info on what this might entail.

I wish someone would have given me my supercharger...

Let me know what you find out...

Last edited by CobraXP; 08-21-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:01 AM
wildchild
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supercharger swap

well thanks for all of your help and advise. I have finally have gotten some awnsers from the ford dealer. the says that i can leave te injectors alone if i am going to build this supercharger mild, such as in the case of the harley truck and not to go as extreeme as the lightining. He has also sent me a complete parts list to help guide me thru this. If anyone else has anymore input on this please submit your post.

Thanks for all the help
Eric

Old 08-22-2003, 09:40 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
supercharger swap

He must be considering mild as 6 lbs. The 19 lb injectors, along with your fuel rails and fuel pump will support that, but above you would want to change them. Its good he gave you a copy of a parts list. Did he say whether they will sell you individual pieces from the kit, or do they sell the install kit together?