Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst vehicle in 4 decades! no way

Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 PM
sillyjt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst vehicle in 4 decades! no way

My brother in law sent me this link. Cant believe the excursion made this listEditors' picks: Horrible cars of the last four decades - MSN Autos

Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 PM
DSN46
Elder User
Look at the source for that article. The "libs" and the "granola eaters" have been all over the Excursion since the day it hit the showroom floors. They don't understand the need for an Ex.... they don't have big families... they certainly don't pull anything bigger than a pop up camper or a golf cart trailer.... I pretty much disregard anything that comes out of their mouths.

Yes... I'm probably being politically incorrect with that paragraph, but I can't hold back anymore... :-)

James

Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM
DavenTn
Fleet Mechanic
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
MSN is produced by Tree hugging Prius owners.

Always remember and never forget... getting booed away is a cheer at home.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
X-Hibition
Elder User
Owning both the Smart and the X, I can only laugh at these lists...

What do they know?

Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
My X fits in my shop as well as my house garage with my wife's impala. Not sure where they get a 19 foot truck can't fit in a garage.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Is the Pontiac Fiero or Aztek on that list? What about the Cadillac Cimarron?

Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Mr.Nobody
Elder User
I think it's funny that the pic they show of the excursion is of it towing. It's big, and has a powerful "fuel" guzzling motor...for towing, just like every other truck. Of all the problems with the Excursion, it is funny that the main reason that most people buy one (the size) is the only "problem" the writer of the article could find? Seems pretty week, and just a ploy to get people to click on an add or something. All in all a poor attempt at writing an article. Top ten list with no real meat, Wikipedia would be a better source of information.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Is the Pontiac Fiero or Aztek on that list? What about the Cadillac Cimarron?
Not trying to be a smart ***, but what about every "mini" cooper since BMW bought the name and the VW beetle of late?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Lambert01
Senior User
Why didn't the ford pinto make it. Never owned one but they had a some problems.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 AM
HiZ
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Excursion in the driveway because my school bus sits in the gayrage

Anyway, Ion - just sold this past summer, wife $$$ it new in 03 sold with 130k and that is only about 257 fill up stops at the pump avg was 42 with the 5 speed
Now, she has a Navigator and well, she's at the pump daily

However, Do NOT even think about putting the X in the #6 spot
Really, a football field!?! Maybe if I'm pulling my Wellcraft full of fuel with 5 asian strippers spinning on the pole throwing off balance and my brakes are inop because I just bunny hopped your Prius and the brake line was caught on the lies of torment from your hatchback that was open so you could plug all the firewood in the back on your way camping to burn the tree you cut down in the woods where you will drop your nalgene bottle that will last 147 years before it even thinks about decomposing in the stomach of some porpoise as it is chews it up from the bouyancy and floatation the bottle takes in the seas that cover our glorious land because my v10 and twin v8 engines on the boat you just were bunny hopped by MELTED ALL THE ICE! Oh NOOOOOO now what......
Screw that you know Kevin Costner wanted to make his raft out of an Excursion in the movie water world! Didn't you? Well he did, but they didn't have any battery powered cars yet because they would sink like lead, that's why he made it from the fire wood inside your TOYota so he could sail around and try to find that sweet piece of american made muscle (one from Michigan the other from Florida) that just ripped off humanity!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE IS MAD MAX in all of this................

Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Worst for them maybe but if that were the case they would be selling for $4000.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 664 Likes on 435 Posts
I think you guys are reading too much into this.

Truck Trend came up with 152 ft from 60-0 in an Excursion. Yes that's longer than half a football field. Do I really need to convince anyone here that these take longer to stop than a passenger car?

The Excursion went down in history as a flop. After selling 50,000 units in 2000 they sold less than 20,000 in 2005 when they killed it. Ford misjudged the market for this kind of vehicle; there just wasn't much of a market for it. That doesn't mean it's not a great vehicle for the niche market that many of us fall into. So who cares if it's labelled as one of the worst of the last 30 years? For the overwhelming majority of people it WOULD be a terrible choice. You can't declare something a bad vehicle without it having its ardent defenders, and Excursions are no different.

Last edited by Stewart_H; 07-15-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:12 AM
ithaca1230
Laughing Gas
I read that article when it came out. Our driveway has the Excursion and a chevy volt. That works for us. Running around town the volt is awesome. When we take our long trips with 4 adults and 3 kids all the gear, toys, without having to fuel up for almost 700 miles they can rate our trucks however they like. My family is safe and comfortable! We are the Kings of the road!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:29 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
I agree with the non PC statements here.

But, I would agree that for most people, the EX is a horrible vehicle choice. For that matter, so is a Suburban or an Expedition. By 'people', I mean the losers who fashion themselves as a regular person. These are the ones who listen to everything they read on the internet, hear on the news or get from that a@#-clown communist they call a president.

Anyway.....they only get in the teens for mileage, they are big and tough to park and dont stop easily. So, the 'people' that dont know how to park a normal or small sized vehicle will completely mangle every other vehicle in the lot trying to position an EX between the lines. As for braking, everyone is so distracted behind the wheel anymore that they have trouble stopping any vehicle in time let alone a 9000 lb. truck. Talking on the phone, stuffing their fat faces, texting, trying to figure out where they are.....the list goes on. I would rather have the 'people' driving smart cars or B cars so that when poop happens, they are the ones sliced in half and shoveled off the highway instead of me. I'll scrape their PETA sticker remnants off my bumper and chug on home to my family.

So, in summary, I hate the general public, large vehicles arent practical for the majority and the media will point out the obvious just to **** people off.

Sorry for the rant, got cut off by a Prius driven by a 300 lb.-er.......

Old 07-15-2014, 08:57 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
I agree with the non PC statements here.

But, I would agree that for most people, the EX is a horrible vehicle choice. For that matter, so is a Suburban or an Expedition. By 'people', I mean the losers who fashion themselves as a regular person. These are the ones who listen to everything they read on the internet, hear on the news or get from that a@#-clown communist they call a president.

Anyway.....they only get in the teens for mileage, they are big and tough to park and dont stop easily. So, the 'people' that dont know how to park a normal or small sized vehicle will completely mangle every other vehicle in the lot trying to position an EX between the lines. As for braking, everyone is so distracted behind the wheel anymore that they have trouble stopping any vehicle in time let alone a 9000 lb. truck. Talking on the phone, stuffing their fat faces, texting, trying to figure out where they are.....the list goes on. I would rather have the 'people' driving smart cars or B cars so that when poop happens, they are the ones sliced in half and shoveled off the highway instead of me. I'll scrape their PETA sticker remnants off my bumper and chug on home to my family.

So, in summary, I hate the general public, large vehicles arent practical for the majority and the media will point out the obvious just to **** people off.

Sorry for the rant, got cut off by a Prius driven by a 300 lb.-er.......
I agree with all of it........but we both have the same attitude.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Worst vehicle in 4 decades! no way