North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Spring 2014 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:25 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spring 2014 General BS Thread

Fork it! It's a few days early but let's see if we can jump start this season and leave the crap weather behind for a while.

Tony said he got some yard maintenance in last week. I need to feed my weeds so they will grow big and strong. I have done nothing to prepare the yard. It looks pitiful out there. Honestly if it were up to me I wouldn't do anything and let nature take it's course. But the wife says we need some grass so I reckon it's off to Lowe's for seed, fertilizer and lime. We have clay heavy soil and the lime really works well. But seriously if it were up to me I'd weed eat a path to the front door and call it a success. All the time, effort and money just for some dang grass isn't high on my priority list. I love to be outside I just hate doing yard work. Some guys love it. This guy does not.

Softball is getting cranked up. Already had a few practices and the season start in two weeks. We should have a solid team this year. Have a bunch of good players returning and the mood is more upbeat then the past few seasons.

Dance and theater will be ending in another month then we get a small two week break and head right into swim season. I was at the board meeting tonight going over the upcoming season details.

My dirt bike needs brake and clutch work which I will do myself when I can find the time. The buell is running well knock on wood. I'll be looking to buy another parts bike soon as this is the time to find bargains. I had to take some time away from my little hobby/business but it's time to get things rolling again.

Yall take care. Hope to see some folks in the next few months at some dinner and events.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:17 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know I'm ready for that sunny warm weather.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will not be planting grass. However I did spend yesterday getting the lawn mower running. And of course as always running a race team is a never ending job. I've got my mind made up that I want to pick a bike up but don't have the time or extra funds... lol however I'm determined to get back on one.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:29 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
And thinking a beer sounds good.... or should I venture into the freezer an have a mixed drink.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
I know I'm ready for that sunny warm weather.
Id be fine with either but this 70 one day and 35 and sleet the next is wearing thin. Soon enough everything will be covered in pollen.

I've got my mind made up that I want to pick a bike up
We talking dirt bike or street bike?

And thinking a beer sounds good.... or should I venture into the freezer an have a mixed drink.
Why not both? Boiler maker anyone?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Street bike. Been trying to talk my buddy into selling me his meanstreak.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Ehh 4 am will come really early if I go for both.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Id be fine with either but this 70 one day and 35 and sleet the next is wearing thin. Soon enough everything will be covered in pollen.
That Pollen out here is some serious stuff now. When I was in the hospital last April 10th for some surgery it was beautiful out. Heat off, window's were open upstairs. I got home three day's later and EVERYTHING covered in green Pollen. I've never seen Pollen that bad, we'll make sure to keep the house closed up when that starts this year.

Unk Bob

Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM
ep3_lol
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The weather certainly isn't warming up for good just yet. I loathe pollen. When I was going to Clemson, you could see yellow mist blowing around from it if there was a hint of wind on that particular day.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:44 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
I really hate pollen

Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
That Pollen out here is some serious stuff now.
you could see yellow mist blowing around
Indeed. Shutter the windows and duct tape the door. When I get back from a long ride during pollen season, even with a bandanna on I'll be blowing out yellow snot for a day or two.

Been trying to talk my buddy into selling me his meanstreak.
Those are nice bikes. If you like the mean streak you should check out the new Warriors. Bad A$$.

I really like the VRSCR "street rod" V-rod. They have mid controls instead of forward controls. They look awesome in all black.

I also really like/want a B-King. Basically a naked Hayabusa. I would lose my license so fast. (that's the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one) It would be awesome to have one slightly stretched and prepped for the drag strip. Turbo, stretched, n2o. Yikes!

Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
I just want something to cruise on not worried about being fast haha but that mean streak is just plain badass. I had a 1200 sportster when I was 18 got tight for money and away it went haven't had or rode a bike since. I'll have to take the bs test again I suppose if I find one.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
I don't if you guys enjoy Gas Monkey Garage but I thought this article was cool. I watched the show where they built up the Falcon.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/gas-monk...185655554.html

I mostly think it's a publicity campaign but it would be cool if they actually did make a showing and were competitive. Pike's Peak is no joke. I will be curious to see if they actually race it or just show up to sign autographs and pimp their show.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sticky *** pollen sucks.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:43 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
I don't if you guys enjoy Gas Monkey Garage but I thought this article was cool. I watched the show where they built up the Falcon.
Gas Monkey is one of the few show's that I don't miss, I love my DVR!
Hope everybody is having a nice day, it's nice outside, and even nicer tomorrow.
Made it out to Cary Nc to get my ears lowered, yep I drive that far for a hair cut. It's just a plain Barbour Shop. Then to Firestone and got the tires rotated on the truck and priced some tires for the wife's 08 Escape Nice tires are not cheap!

Unk Bob

Quick Reply: Spring 2014 General BS Thread