Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

February All Topic/Off Topic Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
February All Topic/Off Topic Thread

I just knew someone would have beaten me to this..

Looks like the ole groundhog saw his shadow this morning, 6 more weeks of winter

Old 02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was actually looking forward to a little snow today.....but nada. Saw the roads looked pretty rough up in zhilton's neck of the woods.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Well, our 3-4" turned out to be 6-8". I'm guessing no work for me this morning. Might go out in the shop and start a fire. Once it warms up might get some work done on the Harley.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
Ggggoood Mmmorning Arkansas!

Chilly 24 this morning in the Rock. Hell of a game last night....bawahahahha.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scott, should we take a moment of silence over last night's crimes? Pretty much reminded me of a Razorback football game.
Originally Posted by cookie88
I was actually looking forward to a little snow today.....but nada. Saw the roads looked pretty rough up in zhilton's neck of the woods.
They're not too bad, though pretty much every school in the area is closed today...but I've been out & about quite a bit this morning running errands and the roads seem fine to me. At the rate the kids are going, they're going to be in school until after Father's day making up all these missed days. I do know the traction assist in the little blue demon doesn't like this stuff. If diesel wasn't so dang out of reason I'd have the truck out...allot more fun in the slick stuff and takes allot more effort to break those Michelin street radials loose.

Speaking of trucks, Scott....did you & Dave ever get yours going again? Seems like the last I read y'all were going to have a wrench party...but it seems like that was back around Thanksgiving.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
I just knew someone would have beaten me to this..

Looks like the ole groundhog saw his shadow this morning, 6 more weeks of winter
Yep, just what I need, 6 more weeks of my wife whining about winter
But on an upnote, just got my Hughesnet system moved down to the Bay, might actually be able to spend some time back on the forums

Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by zhilton
Scott, should we take a moment of silence over last night's crimes? Pretty much reminded me of a Razorback football game.
Nah. My boys got shut down hard. Time to move on to next season.

Scott....did you & Dave ever get yours going again?
Hmmmm. I was sure I posted an update..... anyway, yes, the old girl is running good. Too good actually. I have no problems at all overpowering my year old clutch

The only other issue is I used the oil cooler off the 96 motor and it leaks in the cold weather. I'll get it rebuilt one of these weekends.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
Gggood Mmmorning Arkansas!

Getting ready for a day of freezing rain in the "Rock".

Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Let's see, since Sunday we've had snow, freezing rain, freezing drizzle/fog and we've got flurries flying outside the house right now. Now explain global warming to me again.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Hmmmm. I was sure I posted an update..... anyway, yes, the old girl is running good. Too good actually. I have no problems at all overpowering my year old clutch

The only other issue is I used the oil cooler off the 96 motor and it leaks in the cold weather. I'll get it rebuilt one of these weekends.
You may have posted it...I just either (A) overlooked it...it is a 7.3L you know or (B) I forgot your update. Hate to hear about your oil cooler trouble...having just Googled "7.3L oil cooler" see it's a different kind of pain to get to. Here I thought pulling the oil/secondary fuel filter housing...and haveing to pump all of the oil out of the oil cooler valley was a pain on my 6-leaker. Are you going to rebuild/re-ring it your self? Or just get one off the shelf?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User

Pretty terrible weather here yesterday. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, ice, mud, ice covered cars....sheese. Starting to melt off today. I can't remember the winter cold lasting this long before in the "Rock".

Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Mysterman68
Pretty terrible weather here yesterday. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, ice, mud, ice covered cars....sheese. Starting to melt off today. I can't remember the winter cold lasting this long before in the "Rock".
I remember a winter back in the late '80s ('87?) that there was a foot plus of snow on the ground around the rock....literally shut the town down for days. Between the LRPS teachers going on strike for a week in September and that "blizzard"...I remember going to school on several Saturdays and going after Memorial Day to make up everything we missed. Our kids were supposed to get out on May 29th this year; it was announced this morning that they'll be in class until the 3rd. And that's before any more of the frozen stuff flies.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Hate to hear about your oil cooler trouble...having just Googled "7.3L oil cooler" see it's a different kind of pain to get to. Here I thought pulling the oil/secondary fuel filter housing...and haveing to pump all of the oil out of the oil cooler valley was a pain on my 6-leaker. Are you going to rebuild/re-ring it your self? Or just get one off the shelf?
I've got a set of o-rings on the shelf and new coolers are three bills..... So rebuild it is.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
I remember a winter back in the late '80s ('87?) that there was a foot plus of snow on the ground around the rock....literally shut the town down for days. Between the LRPS teachers going on strike for a week in September and that "blizzard"...I remember going to school on several Saturdays and going after Memorial Day to make up everything we missed. Our kids were supposed to get out on May 29th this year; it was announced this morning that they'll be in class until the 3rd. And that's before any more of the frozen stuff flies.

Sheese.......that does sounds pretty bad. Their saying the same thing here about the kids staying in school longer cos of the winter.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Uhhhh.... it's snowing in so. AR. This isn't supposed to happen here, although it has been colder than a well digger's tail for longer than I care to remember.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Maybe I should have bought that '88 4WD Bronco that was on the Carthage (MO) Craigslist in September. That seven foot plow that was bolted to the front of it sure would be handy right about now.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Uhhhh.... it's snowing in so. AR. This isn't supposed to happen here, although it has been colder than a well digger's tail for longer than I care to remember.
The truck and Exploder have both been covered with snow since last Sunday. And the forecast for this coming Sunday evening and through Tuesday doesn't look like we'll get rid of it anytime soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: February All Topic/Off Topic Thread