CAN'T see some albums, CAN see others. WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,327 Likes on 1,744 Posts
CAN'T see some albums, CAN see others. WHY?

I've been trying to see the pics in this album:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - stinson 108-1's Album: Jim's Truck

When I click on an individual picture, it initially appears larger and individually as expected, in the FTE page format. Then, before my eyes get a chance to focus on it, the entire page blanks and only a banner ad appears at the very top. Not even the FTE header appears. Only a banner ad.. and not the same banner ad that appeared when the image was displayed briefly in the FTE page format.

I tried different pics in the same album, with the same results.

Cleared cache: same result.
Cleared cookies: same result.
Logged out of FTE, relogged into FTE: same result.
Reset browser: same result.
Enabled Javascript: same result.
Disabled Javascript: same result.
Cleared browser, shut down browser, reopened browser: same result.
Shut down computer, restarted computer: same result.
Selected another user's album at random: it worked as expected.
Went back to album I wanted to see: same (non working) result.

OSX 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.10

What's happening here?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
oops my bad

Old 01-28-2014, 06:25 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Out tech team or one of our members has got to be capable of figuring this out....hang in there please

Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
I've been trying to see the pics in this album:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - stinson 108-1's Album: Jim's Truck

When I click on an individual picture, it initially appears larger and individually as expected, in the FTE page format. Then, before my eyes get a chance to focus on it, the entire page blanks and only a banner ad appears at the very top. Not even the FTE header appears. Only a banner ad.. and not the same banner ad that appeared when the image was displayed briefly in the FTE page format.

I tried different pics in the same album, with the same results.

Cleared cache: same result.
Cleared cookies: same result.
Logged out of FTE, relogged into FTE: same result.
Reset browser: same result.
Enabled javascript: same result.
Disabled javascript: same result.
Cleared browser, shut down browser, reopened browser: same result.
Shut down computer, restarted computer: same result.
Selected another user's album at random: it worked as expected.
Went back to album I wanted to see: same (non working) result.

OSX 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.10

What's happening here?
Sounds like you've essentially covered all of the bases and pretty much everything I could think of. The only other thought I had would be to save your bookmarks in a backup file, uninstall Safari, reinstall Safari, then try logging back into FTE afterward. I'm using Safari on my iPad and am having no problems viewing all of the photos in that album. Did anything change in your antivirus software or your firewall settings?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,327 Likes on 1,744 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Sounds like you've essentially covered all of the bases and pretty much everything I could think of. The only other thought I had would be to save your bookmarks in a backup file, uninstall Safari, reinstall Safari, then try logging back into FTE afterward. I'm using Safari on my iPad and am having no problems viewing all of the photos in that album. Did anything change in your antivirus software or your firewall settings?
I even tried it without any AV software running at all (on OSX 10.6.8, fully updated, with Safari 5.1.10).

While the obvious trouble afoot appears to be in my mac, what is weird is how OTHER albums on the same machine rendered as expected without problems, but that one album that is the subject of this thread did not. Quite strange, I'd say.

So, it was time for a different fruit. Win7+IE11 works no problem as expected. I can see his pics individually now. I guess there is no getting around the fact that the information highway will always have Gates at the entrance and exit.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
This could be a few different things, my *guess* at first would be some advertiser's code not playing well but that's just a guess.

What is the URL of the ad image you end up with? You need to be careful here as a framed site can hide stuff from you...

I have zero idea how to do this on a Mac, I suspect it involves pushing the propeller-key on the keyboard in conjunction with the mouse button...

On a Win or Linux box using Firefox, I would right-click the image, the left-click Copy Image Location; I *think* that entry is listed even if it's a frame site but I'm not positive, might have to first open up the frame in a single browser window by itself.

If you get the image location, paste it here but obfuscate it to keep the forum software from creating a hyperlink to it - type it out something like ads-dot-adserver-dot-org/path/to/image/file.

I'm just kinda interested is all, there's nothing I can do to fix the cause of your problem and if you got it to work in a different browser then the fix would be to tell you: Use the different browser.