2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

Latest Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Latest Updates?

Now FORD is saying the new Transit won't be available until Summer 2014.

Last time I asked local FORD commercial truck sales they believed Transit would be in dealers before end of this year.

Been too busy to follow what's going on & wondered if this is the latest from FORD on Transit?

Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com

Had also not seen FORD's 2014 E-Series online presence. If you only looked at the website you might think E-Series was Business As Usual.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Club Wagon
...Been too busy to follow what's going on & wondered if this is the latest from FORD on Transit?...
Hi Club Wagon,

You may want to check out these Transit articles as well: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...4-transit.html Your local dealership will be the best source of information regarding when order banks will open. They'll be happy to keep you updated on the latest and greatest Transit news.

Crystal

Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
With all due respect, the link I posted at least refers to the introduction of a 2015 Transit next Summer, while your link still discusses an apparently never to be 2014 model.

It appears that FORD has delayed bringing the full size U.S. Transit to market twice now? Dealership info that predicted a 2014 Transit before the end of 2013 seems to have been superceded.

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi Club Wagon,

You may want to check out these Transit articles as well: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...4-transit.html Your local dealership will be the best source of information regarding when order banks will open. They'll be happy to keep you updated on the latest and greatest Transit news.

Crystal
Have visited several FORD dealerships in my area hoping to get "updated on the latest and greatest Transit news". Unfortunately it's proven difficult to find anyone at these dealerships who even knows what the full size Transit is. Most assume I'm inquiring about Transit Connect & can't let it go. A few salesmen were curious enough to go on internet & search Ford Transit in front of me.

Sorry, but it's been surprisingly disappointing to try & rely on local dealerships as a "source of information".

Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
If you go to Ford.com you'll be able to see the new transit. Ford's site has always advertised the van as a 2015 available in the summer of 2014.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
You obviously did not go to both links mentioned & do not know how long "has always" really is.

Originally Posted by tseekins
If you go to Ford.com you'll be able to see the new transit. Ford's site has always advertised the van as a 2015 available in the summer of 2014.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by Club Wagon
You obviously did not go to both links mentioned & do not know how long "has always" really is.
I didn't go to either link and I had no intentions of it. I visit the Ford site frequently.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Sorry moderator tseekins, but like I said; "You obviously did not go to both links".

I didn't go to either link and I had no intentions of it. I visit the Ford site frequently.
Had you gone "to both links" you would've known they were both "Ford.com" & my link refers to 2015 Transit, but Crystal's refers to 2014 Transit - before intentionally posting:

If you did "visit the Ford site frequently" - since they announced the U.S. Transit, you'd know ford.com web pages had referred to it as 2014 Transit. You'd also know the Transit's introduction has been delayed.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 PM
PStruwing
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford is having vendor problems that is causing launch issues. Ford is ready to go but the low bid vendors are not.

I have seen the van in high top version at the Michigan NASCAR race in August. Should have taken pics. Looks good.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Please reserve the term "high top" for the ubiquitous fiber glass Turtle Top conversion vans. Did FORD, or any other maker for that matter, ever accommodate aftermarket converters by building vans w/o roofs, so that the steel roofs didn't need to be cut off to do Bubble Tops?

Originally Posted by PStruwing
I have seen the van in high top version at the Michigan NASCAR race in August. Should have taken pics. Looks good.
Had thought that Transit's 3 U.S. roof height options were all achieved using welded, unitized, steel?

Hadn't heard of "vendor problems". Of course we had a fancy new FORD dealership open this year & 2013 sales are way up. Didn't think FORD's new plants were "ready to go" yet.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:12 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith Browning from forddoctorsdts.com
Well if the rumor is true about this thing failing crash testing it likely represents quite a bit of re-engineering, testing and re-tooling especially if they were gearing up for production. Aside from that it has to be embarrassing for them if that happened and it's not like they haven't already been building these things for a long time overseas. Are Europeans driving around in death traps or what?
Not sure where this rumour came up, but it appears the higher ups at Ford are being extremely tight lipped about the issues impeding its release.

Not sure I should be posting this, but I personally feel it's going to suffer a similar fate to what the Sprinter did for Chrysler. Let's face it, Ford has not had a very good track record with vehicles brought from overseas to the North American market. (Any of you old enough to remember the Capris, the lovely Merkurs XR4Ti and Scorpio?) So with that said, I'm not overly disappointed with the delay in the release of this forthcoming delight from FoMoCo. E-Series sales continue at a moderate, steady pace. Discontinuing it, I see as Ford shooting themselves in the foot yet again. My two cents.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford is having design issues with the full size transit platform. The delay is not the issues, but how they are getting resolved. Germany is the lead on this platform and all design issues have to be resolved through them, which is slowing things down.

The Tooling Trial build happened in August. Pilot Production build is scheduled for the week of January 6. Mass Production phase 1 is currently scheduled for March 2014.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Seen 4 out for testing last weekend, two ecoboost and two powerstroke, in convoy, all in hotel guise one single rear wheel and three duallies, they looked pretty good.