Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Tech tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Tech tips

This is another placeholder, for the tech tips folder.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Delayed Reboot

Don't want to do a Master Reset and lose your phone pairing? Try a Sync system reboot without pulling the fuse!

Download this file:

http://fords.kilonet.org/sync/delayed_reboot.zip

Unzip it to an empty USB flash drive so the files are in the root of the drive. When you open the drive in My Computer, the files should be right there, and NOT under a folder called delayed_reboot

Eject the USB drive, and insert it in your vehicle. You will see some things happen, and then "Installation Complete". Say "OK", and then remove the USB drive.

Turn off the engine, and open the door so the Sync system turns off.

Close to door again, and wait at least 30 seconds.

Restart the vehicle. You should see a black screen, and then the Sync screen saying "Performing scheduled system maintenance". This is the reboot process.

This can help clear up quite a few issues with your phone, voice commands, SiriusXM subscription issues, TravelLink, you name it.

And it's painless. No need to go searching for the MFT/Sync fuse. No need to pull the battery cable.

--

Side note: I personally had at least one issue with TravelLink, specifically the SiriusXM Traffic not showing up on my Navigation screen. If I rebooted it, or pulled the MFT fuse, or even did a Master Reset, it would work once, until I restarted the car again.

The ONLY thing that cleared up that particular issue was pulling the battery cable for an hour. Not to say it needs to be off for a full hour, but that something in the car was causing the issue, and it wasn't the Sync/MFT system, it wasn't a bad setting somewhere. It had to do with something between the Navigation system, and the SiriusXM receiver that somehow got cleared up with a full power-down. More on that later at some point.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recommend a clean pairing which is done by deleting the SYNC connection and going through the pairing process again.

Here you can find the pairing instructions: Pair your Phone with Ford SYNC | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site

If you continue to have issues, try a master reset: Perform Master Factory Reset on Ford SYNC | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site

Whitney

Last edited by glruff; 08-07-2015 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Added tip from Ford