Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Some trouble with Sync/MFT

Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some trouble with Sync/MFT

I've got a '13 SD Lariat with the newest sync/My Ford Touch system.
I noticed last weekend that when I press the voice command button on the steering wheel, the the prompt that asks me to 'please say a command' does not work anymore. The dash display acts like it is waiting for a command, but when I say something, I get no response.

Is there a master reset that I can utilize before making an appointment at the dealer?

Thanks,

gw

Old 08-04-2013, 12:26 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
There is a "master reset" in the settings menu. How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

This will wipe out any customizations you've done, as well as the bluetooth pairing to your phone.

I found that even after multiple master resets, and pulling the MFT fuse, and even the "delayed reboot" available on the net, pulling the battery cable for an hour fixed a problem I was having with SiriusXM Traffic and my navigation system (this is on my Taurus). In my case, there was something going on between the satellite radio, and the navigation system, and the MFT wasn't really the problem.

With your issue, I'd say a simple MFT reboot might help. Pulling the battery cable is probably the easiest way to do this. In my Taurus, the MFT fuse is buried under the dash somewhere. In your truck, it might be very easy to get to. If so, I'd pull the fuse for 10 minutes and see what happens. Otherwise, disconnect for battery.

Report back

Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Krewat
There is a "master reset" in the settings menu. How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

This will wipe out any customizations you've done, as well as the bluetooth pairing to your phone.

I found that even after multiple master resets, and pulling the MFT fuse, and even the "delayed reboot" available on the net, pulling the battery cable for an hour fixed a problem I was having with SiriusXM Traffic and my navigation system (this is on my Taurus). In my case, there was something going on between the satellite radio, and the navigation system, and the MFT wasn't really the problem.

With your issue, I'd say a simple MFT reboot might help. Pulling the battery cable is probably the easiest way to do this. In my Taurus, the MFT fuse is buried under the dash somewhere. In your truck, it might be very easy to get to. If so, I'd pull the fuse for 10 minutes and see what happens. Otherwise, disconnect for battery.

Report back
Thanks Art,
I was able to do a master reset thru the system menu on the radio. The voice prompt came back but then I had some trouble pairing my phone again.
Long story short, got some technical help from my son-in-law (a techno geek) and he got the phone to link back up to Sync.
According to Ford's Sync website, there is a major upgrade happening to the Sync system. Maybe this will fix the bugs I've been having in my rig.

Thanks again. I never considered pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery. It'll be something I try next time I run into a problem.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Yep, got version 3.6 today and installed. No big differences noticed yet, but ... bluetooth stereo seems more responsive.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 PM
GuyPavelo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you upgrade sync? I cant figure out how to make it connect to the net via my iphone or anything... Not sure how to do much on it really. Dealer started to talk about it but not sure he even knew how the heck to use it. Id love to know how to get the traffic warnings and things work... As well as how to take a detour!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Use the link to get to the Ford Sync update. Register, if you haven't done already.
Follow the instructions for the update. Good luck.

Get Support and Manage Your SYNC Account | Syncmyride.com

Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 AM
GuyPavelo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaaah! Thank you so much Bryce!

Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Just so you know, this got moved to the new IVT forum.